Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,492
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terry Jones has died

Started by Tony Yeboah, January 22, 2020, 12:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

alan nagsworth

TheMonk

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

idunnosomename

I said last night he would definitely die this year. Oops

Had horrible form of dementia that changes personality rather than just affects memory. Very sad

madhair60

There is nothing I could say that would accurately convey what this man meant to me. R.I.P

neveragain

All we can say is at least he's not suffering.
But fuck.

It was a privilege to see him in full Pepperpot.

DrGreggles

Funk to funky...

R.I.P. Terry

PinkNoise

Thinking about my favourite Terry J moments and I always pick the Nude Man. He's such a bizarre creation. Especially that bit where you hear him talk and he's such a luvvie.

Just remembered Arthur 'Two Sheds' Jackson and nearly bust a gut laughing

the

When I picture Terry Jones in my mind, it's of him as Secretary Of State delivering his statement while doing a striptease. Perfectly performed.

It's true to say that he played a huge part in setting out the form and the rhythm that Flying Circus should take, and put a lot of effort into the technical aspects of the filmed and assembled comedy. The technicians of comedy often go unsung. RIP.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

And on the day Little Britain announced a comeback too. I hate this world.

Bennett Brauer

Sod that.

Palin was saying a year or so ago that they still went walking together, but then said in September that he suddenly realised TJ no longer knew who he was.

Too depressing. Idle said that Terry Jones got far more sex than the rest of them, so I'll think about that.

SpiderChrist

Glebe

Yeah, hearing about those walks really touched me. RIP Jonesy.

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on January 22, 2020, 01:51:55 PM
Idle said that Terry Jones got far more sex than the rest of them, so I'll think about that.

playa

Famous Mortimer

the

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on January 22, 2020, 01:51:55 PMToo depressing. Idle said that Terry Jones got far more sex than the rest of them, so I'll think about that.

I can believe that after watching him on the partial episode of In Vision that's on the Blu-ray set. Right sexy bastard.

Shaky

Idle said that Terry Jones got far more sex than the rest of them, so I'll think about that.

Jonesy and his first wife also had an open marriage for the decades they were together. Lots of sex.

This is hideous news, but slightly eased by the fact we knew it was coming and he's no longer suffering. Hopefully Cleese breaks out some even ruder words at this Python's funeral.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Sod that.

Palin was saying a year or so ago that they still went walking together, but then said in September that he suddenly realised TJ no longer knew who he was.

That is heartbreaking. Probably didnt recognise  family members either. Trapped in wordless, bewildered suffering. Death a merciful release.

RIP TJ.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: PinkNoise on January 22, 2020, 01:25:29 PM
Thinking about my favourite Terry J moments and I always pick the Nude Man. He's such a bizarre creation. Especially that bit where you hear him talk and he's such a luvvie.

Quote from: The Nude Organist"I see my role in it as, er, how can I put it best - the nude man - as sort of symbolizing the two separate strands of existence, the essential nudity of man..."

Probably the most important Python, in terms of Python being Python (Chapman second?), and the only one I ever managed to extract an autograph from.

"I LIKE TITS!" Definitely there was a point where I realised, most of the really mind-bogglingly naughty stuff in Python came from him. No Betjeman-style death bed regrets for this randy little fellow whose brain seldom strayed from the subject of you-know-what, I should think he's glad of the rest. In peace.

Bennett Brauer

"I wish you'd talk about the comedy. I'm a writer. People are always talking about the sex but they've got it out of proportion."

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Terry " Too Much Sex" Jones.

Petey Pate

Directing Life of Brian alone is enough to cement his legacy as a comedy titan.

I get the impression that he was the most underrated Python performer, as he wasn't centre stage in many of their most famous sketches, but that's not to say he wasn't as good as the others.

R.I.P.

McFlymo

And now for something completely different, a man with a harem of randy ladies.

Horrible news. R.I.P Mr Terry Jones.

bgmnts

Woke up to this news, fucking devastating. My favourite of them. Weird to say as i'm not a writer or in comedy or anything like that but a genuine hero of mine.

He was the passion and enthusiasm of Python and he directed Life of Brian. God.

R.I.P

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on January 22, 2020, 02:15:03 PM
"I wish you'd talk about the comedy. I'm a writer. People are always talking about the sex but they've got it out of proportion."

They'd all got it out of proportion by the time old Terry was done with them.

RIP you hilarious, horny bastard.