Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:51:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bombshell (2020)

Started by surreal, January 22, 2020, 01:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surreal

Anyone seen this yet?  I saw it at the weekend and really enjoyed it. I think this will probably be one of my favourite movies of the year - I know they didn't go in-depth about Fox News itself but the performances are great across the board and the make-up job they have done to turn Charlize Theron into Megyn Kelly is amazing.  Apart from the voice I couldn't see her as herself at all.

SavageHedgehog

I really enjoyed it, but I think a lot of that has to do with being interested in the subject matter. Performances were generally excellent and there were some very effective scenes (in particular Robbie's meeting with Ales is very creepy and disturbing), but some of the writing was a little clunky. I was concerned early on with a fourth-wall breaking exposition/fact dump (much of it not particularly relevant to the actual story of the film) and some borrowed gimmicks/gags from Adam MacKay's recent that jarringly are dropped completely as the film progresses, but after the first 15 minutes or so I did find it compelling.

Enrico Palazzo

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on January 23, 2020, 11:55:12 AM
I really enjoyed it, but I think a lot of that has to do with being interested in the subject matter. Performances were generally excellent and there were some very effective scenes (in particular Robbie's meeting with Ales is very creepy and disturbing), but some of the writing was a little clunky. I was concerned early on with a fourth-wall breaking exposition/fact dump (much of it not particularly relevant to the actual story of the film) and some borrowed gimmicks/gags from Adam MacKay's recent that jarringly are dropped completely as the film progresses, but after the first 15 minutes or so I did find it compelling.

Same guy that wrote The Big Short. Was amusing seeing Larry David's cousin from Curb pop up as Crazy Giuliani. I enjoyed it though John Lithgow was a bit pantomime villain and Nicole Kidman is a rubbish actor.

Blumf

The adverts made me think it was some weird gritty reboot of 9 to 5.

Sebastian Cobb

Can't say I was interested enough to see it from the trailers and that, but the interview Theron gave for Kermode and Mayo was very interesting given I wasn't all that interested in the film to begin with. Will watch when it's on streaming and that I reckon.