Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Little Britain to return oh great.

Started by idunnosomename, January 22, 2020, 02:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

I know you shouldn't even look at the sun but i found their ranking of whether certain characters will pass the muster of the PC brigade to be too amusing not to

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10790894/little-britain-comeback-pc-killjoys/

Make sure you look at the comments. The top 4 all mentioned this terrible phenomenon of the all powerful brigade.

That said most of us were gobsmacked at "Ting Tong" 15 years ago.

madhair60

Given Lucas' comments on the series in recent years and the general tone of the recent Little Brexit special, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Malcy

Everywhere seems to be reporting this as if it's been commissioned. It hasn't. It's just Walliams saying that with good reception to the Brexit special that he thinks it's inevitable or something. This type of article has popped up numerous times over the years.

idunnosomename

no you see, it's ready to go. it's definitely going to happen. the drummer will be called "Bald Rick"

Glebe

DrGreggles

I'm surprised there hasn't been a UK version of Little Britain.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

JumpAction

Matt Lucas and David Walliams seem like lovely chaps. My nephew really loves Walliams' childrens books.

Just thought I'd share that before stressing that I really don't think Little Britain needs another season. The jokes are always the same.

momatt

Anyone who ever talks about 'brigades' is a cunt.

bgmnts

In RHLSTP, Lucas outright apologised for and regretted Little Britain didn't he?

Maybe they're getting paid a fortune who knows. It was very much a product of its time.

Quote from: momatt on January 22, 2020, 04:14:38 PM
Anyone who ever talks about 'brigades' is a cunt.

Pugh
Pugh
Barney McGrew
Cuthbert
Dibble
Grubb

*leave chat*

JesusAndYourBush

I liked the character who said "Am I Bovvered?".  I hope they don't get rid of that one.

imitationleather

Quote from: JumpAction on January 22, 2020, 03:19:08 PM
Matt Lucas and David Walliams seem like lovely chaps.

Really? Yeah Matt Lucas okay, but David Walliams has always come across as a massive arsehole.

Dewt

The trouble with Lucas and Wallaiams for me is that they can't recognise what it is about them that makes them good. On the DVD intro for Rock Profile they say "Sorry, this was from before we were funny", but it was their BEST STUFF.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on January 22, 2020, 04:23:11 PM
In RHLSTP, Lucas outright apologised for and regretted Little Britain didn't he?

Maybe they're getting paid a fortune who knows. It was very much a product of its time.

1974?

dr_christian_troy

They could do some new characters with recurring sketches, in the manner of the old ones, but updated.

Jimmy Savile finding a new ruse each episode to get onto a ward of the vulnerable, or into the mortuary.
Online entrappers who arrange meet-ups with unsuspecting paedos getting the wrong person each time.
A Tommy-Robinson-style far-right leader has farcical bad luck-eg, claims his movement's not racist, then gets beaten up by members after getting brown paint on his face.
A universal credit claimant keeps getting sanctioned  by a sadistic jobcentre clerk after bad luck leads to their failing to keep commitments.
A militant leader of the 'me-too' movement stigmatises celebs for trivial things.
A transgender character has misadventures relating to their incomplete transition.

bgmnts

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on January 22, 2020, 05:39:14 PM
A universal credit claimant keeps getting sanctioned  by a sadistic jobcentre clerk after bad luck leads to their failing to keep commitments.

League of Gentleman dd the sadistic job centre adviser already.

neveragain

petril

Quote from: bgmnts on January 22, 2020, 05:42:31 PM
League of Gentleman dd the sadistic job centre adviser already.

Little Britain could do it more egregiously. And probably black up and do a comedy "massa" accent

idunnosomename

of course LoG never did such shenanigans!!!!!!!!!!!

kalowski

Quote from: Better Midlands on January 22, 2020, 04:45:57 PM
Pugh
Pugh
Barney McGrew
Cuthbert
Dibble
Grubb

*leave chat*
Hugh
Pugh
I always thought
EDIT: Wiki says I'm wrong and you're right. They were twins.

momatt

Quote from: Dewt on January 22, 2020, 05:13:51 PM
The trouble with Lucas and Wallaiams for me is that they can't recognise what it is about them that makes them good. On the DVD intro for Rock Profile they say "Sorry, this was from before we were funny", but it was their BEST STUFF.

This.
I still quote the Shirley Bassey and Take That sketches to this day.  I've largely forgotten Little Brtiain (though some of it is still ok I'm sure).

the science eel

Quote from: imitationleather on January 22, 2020, 05:08:41 PM
Really? Yeah Matt Lucas okay, but David Walliams has always come across as a massive arsehole.

I was about to say...

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: kalowski on January 22, 2020, 08:36:08 PM
Hugh
Pugh
I always thought
EDIT: Wiki says I'm wrong and you're right. They were twins.

If anything, giving twins the same name would mean all sorts of mistaken identity hi-jinks could follow. 

JumpAction

Is David Walliams a jerk? He seemed very nice to me. Maybe I don't know that much about him...

Chollis

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: JumpAction on January 23, 2020, 10:23:02 AM
Is David Walliams a jerk? He seemed very nice to me. Maybe I don't know that much about him...

I can't say that I've ever heard anything negative about him as a person from people who have met him, but what a lot of people don't like about him is that he's one of those that's always "on" - always hyper, always flamboyant, always the loudest voice in the room.  That's one of the reasons kids love him so much, cos he's basically a big kid.