Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:20:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Little Britain to return oh great.

Started by idunnosomename, January 22, 2020, 02:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 02, 2020, 12:46:57 AM
i still think matt lucas is really fucking funny, that's the problem

That's because he's ace:

"While you mock me, do not forget, as you languish in your own effluence, that I'm a self made man, and I could buy you".

Marner and Me

Quote from: Andy147 on January 25, 2020, 03:38:54 PM
IIRC Matt Lucas pretty much disowned that sketch when he was on Rule of Three.

Edit: it's here; the relevant discussion is between 43:30 and 47:00.
Watched probably half of that, just after DW came in shaking a tray and making a weird noise, not funny, just seemed like ML trying to rip into posh people. Turned it off, won't watch again.

Captain Z

I dunno, to me that's no different to Harry Enfield's caricature of Rowan Atkinson simply reading out words to wild acclaim. People seem to get weirdly precious about Victoria Wood, I certainly don't believe she was above being lampooned.

Quote from: Captain Z on February 02, 2020, 02:44:10 PM
I dunno, to me that's no different to Harry Enfield's caricature of Rowan Atkinson simply reading out words to wild acclaim. People seem to get weirdly precious about Victoria Wood, I certainly don't believe she was above being lampooned.

A lot of her act seemed based around exaggerated northern accents, and there was that silly piano song about sex, which I didn't find particularly funny.

momatt

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 01, 2020, 09:16:34 PM
i dont think i realised quite how fucking shit walliams' children's books are

Quote from: David Walliams's bad writing on February 01, 2020, 09:16:34 PMJoe's father marries Bob's mum over a really good sheperds pie she made

Fucking hell!

Jockice

Quote from: Captain Z on February 02, 2020, 02:44:10 PM

I've noticed that too. I never found her remotely funny.