Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:21:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Wall - Nostalgia critic

Started by Default to the negative, January 22, 2020, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I found this horrendous and unwatchable. So I thought I'd share it with you.

The Wall - Nostalgia Critic

The only good thing to come out of this video is the righteous onslaught of scathing comments people have made about it. Which I why I'm putting it here, I suppose.

bgmnts

ralphthemoviemaker did a funny watch/review of it.

I never really watched any of his Nostalgia Critic stuff, I always watched AVGN, but this guy looks like a fucking prize turnip.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Default to the negative on January 22, 2020, 04:49:58 PMThe only good thing to come out of this video is the righteous onslaught of scathing comments people have made about it.

QuoteMy Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your video gave me cancer anyway.

:-D

EDIT: Oh I see that apparently that's some standard copypasta these days.  Well I don't care, it's still pretty funny and apt.

Famous Mortimer

All those people who got famous purely for being around in the early days of the internet irritate me. "That Guy With The Glasses" 100% came up with his own nickname which is basically him admitting he has no personality at all.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Lads, any good video game youtube people I should check out?? Cheers.

I like LGR, and AVGN has his moments (mostly when he isn't deliberately missing easy jumps to moan about how hard they are/doing his SHIT LOAD OF FUCK stuff)

bgmnts

I personally like Jim Sterling but he divides opinion here I think.

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on January 22, 2020, 10:27:06 PM
I personally like Jim Sterling but he divides opinion here I think.

I grew to like him over time. I was initally put off by his grotesque appearance and penchant for fetishistic costumes.

I also like Indigo Gaming and Noah Caldwell-Gervais, although I haven't watched all of their content.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

You need to set aside an afternoon to watch some of Noah Caldwell-Gervais' (the good Gervais) videos, but they're always worth it. I saw a comment on one video calling him pretentious for the way he speaks, but I like his oratory style, unedited flubs and all.

I never liked Nostalgia Critic, so I felt a bit smug when he was revealed to be a tosser.

marquis_de_sad

He has always been shit. He was only ever liked by confused children who even at the time found him cringy.

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on January 22, 2020, 11:51:27 PM
He was only ever liked by confused children who even at the time found him cringy.

One of the comments on The Wall video:

QuoteDoug: I've watched you since the original AVGN vs Nostalgia Critic rivalry videos back in 2008/ 2009, and ate up all of your content for years. I even stuck around through demo reel. I found some enjoyment in those videos, and assumed you were just finding your footing in making original content. But, I have to say, over the last 6 years your videos have become more disjointed, more obnoxious, more obtuse, more...just more meh. I was 13 when I first saw your videos, and felt like I was growing up with your channel for quite some time. But now i'm 24, and your videos seem to be aging backwards as far as maturity is concerned. I just don't get it. Why?

Going for something ambitious is respectable. But please, for your old fans, go back to your roots from 2008, and work your way back up from there. Stop with the endless skits. Give your other staff their own shows, or continue the one's they are already doing. We didn't come to your channel for that. I didn't watch for this.

We watched you for your personality. Not for your talent in film making, editing, special effects, or original content, because quite frankly you have proved over the last 6 years that you still need to improve in that regard. Really improve.

I'm really just sad with the state of this channel, and the steady drop in quality of content year by year since 2010. Re-evaluate your career or...it's really sad but I don't think you're going to last on youtube for much longer.

From the warmest place I can offer such harsh criticism
-A fan

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Default to the negative on January 22, 2020, 11:58:43 PM
One of the comments on The Wall video:

Fair enough. Has anyone here ever watched one of his films? They are abominable.

Dewt

I actually love that he made this video, because the words "The Wall" next to "Nostalgia Critic" make me imagine his cunt face being repeatedly smashed into one.

Shit Good Nose

I honestly thought it was going to be about one of the Danny Dyer and Dale Winton gameshows.  Disappoint.

Jerzy Bondov

This video is absolute dog shit. I'm glad he's gone bald.

madhair60

Never watching this because I already know that Dougie is a fuck-mind of the lowest order. Never had a point to make or opinion worth expressing.

colacentral

The one good thing about YouTube clamping down on content to appease Google share holders is that chancers like this might actually be put out of business. I didn't think that was possible a few years ago; kept me up at night thinking about the injustice of it.

Jerzy Bondov

He is wearing a tie. And a hat. And he is sarcastic. This is epic.

Dewt

Quote from: madhair60 on January 23, 2020, 09:23:30 AM
Never watching this because I already know that Dougie is a fuck-mind of the lowest order. Never had a point to make or opinion worth expressing.
Well, the good thing about this video is that after his head gets smashed into the wall some of his teeth shatter against it, and get stuck between his head and the wall on a subsequent smashing and some of his teeth get embedded in his forehead. It's probably his best work.

The Bumlord

So many squeaky-voiced men on YouTube.

H-O-W-L

Remember how Doug Walker got mad that three people (two men and a woman) were uncomfortable filming a very overt rape scene in one of his shithouse films? Because he did!

Rolf Lundgren

With people like The Nostalgia Critic I think of the term 'funny bones' and how he has the complete opposite. Naturally unfunny and the more he forces it and overacts the more pronounced his lack of funniness is.

If you went to a quiet pub for a drink, he'd be in the corner with his mates being the loudest one there.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on January 22, 2020, 10:27:06 PM
Lads, any good video game youtube people I should check out?? Cheers.

A few that enjoy, all american and occasionally pretty terribly american. You've already mentioned LGR who seems like a lovely guy.

Girlfriend Reviews - Get past the patriarchal concept and slightly urghh name, then its a pretty well edited and entertaining video game review series.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2eEGT06FrWFU6VBnPOR9lg

Nakey Jakey - Some well edited and nostalgia-ridden, meme-filled, vidz.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSdma21fnJzgmPodhC9SJ3g

Raycevik - A tad earnest, but quality game reviews.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1JTQBa5QxZCpXrFSkMxmPw

Marcel Vos - A bit niche, its just Rollercoaster Tycoon 2-based videos, but amazingly inventive.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBlXovStrlQkVA2xJEROUNg

The Bumlord

You want to have a peek at Ahoy's channel.

Doesn't post often, but that's because he makes broadcast quality videos, does absolutely everything himself down to original soundtracks.

And he has a nice voice.

Dewt

Why is he so obsessed with guns though

Also the recent "First Video Game" video was absolute bullshit

The rest is good though

The Bumlord

I watched about 30 seconds of one of the gun videos. Odd.