Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:56:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alan Partridge Festival

Started by Bazooka, January 23, 2020, 10:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN!DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN!DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN!DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN!DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN!DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN! DAN!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GAVLARRRRR

Norton Canes

QuoteThe superfan, who started watching Alan Partridge in his teens and would "endlessly quote it" with friends, said the festival would feature... a disco with pre-1988 music only

Pre-1988? Am I missing something there?

Tony Yeboah

Must not, repeat not, turn into an all night rave.

ArtParrott

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 23, 2020, 10:37:51 AM
Pre-1988? Am I missing something there?

Think it's in I, Partridge where AP says either music peaked then or all music after 1988 is rubbish.

Gulftastic

Quote from: ArtParrott on January 23, 2020, 10:52:37 AM
Think it's in I, Partridge where AP says either music peaked then or all music after 1988 is rubbish.

And he's only 2 years  late.

Norton Canes

Quote from: ArtParrott on January 23, 2020, 10:52:37 AM
Think it's in I, Partridge where AP says either music peaked then or all music after 1988 is rubbish

Ah, thanks.

madhair60

Hope to see fair representation of Series 2 of IAP

Utter Shit

I love Partridge as much as the next person but I can 100% guarantee that would be the most irritating thing in the world ever. Basically the bit in Father Ted where Dougal says Ted "definitely won't regret" saying Meldrew's catchphrase to him, but stretched over a day.

the

Jesus. I've been to a Partridge-based pub quiz and that was bad enough, imagine spending 8 hours with the smirking gesticulating cunce

Glebe

Partridge dining experience next!

Cuellar

Quote from: Glebe on January 23, 2020, 12:41:44 PM
Partridge dining experience next!

This has legs. Big plate, Full British Isles Breakfasts, cup of beans obviously, mousse, ladyboys.

madhair60

1000 degree apple turnover (from the superior second series of IAP)

Cuellar

Yes. Ginsters, fish cakes, Directors bitter, tables made out of toilet doors, fun packs, guest appearance from Bono it writes itself

Glebe

Also he can get the dinners to smell his cheese!

Armin Meiwes

Could finish it off with a sex festival!

Quote from: madhair60 on January 23, 2020, 11:41:58 AM
Hope to see fair representation of Series 2 of IAP

Maybe an airbass competition or some shit

Autopsy Turvey

This isn't a festival so much as a convention, surely. I assumed there would be bands playing. Gary Numan, Steeleye Span, Roachford and Bjorn Again shouldn't be too expensive, and maybe a group of superfan musicians can open the show as Dark Phase, doing a 15-minute extended wig-out version of Sophisticated Saxophone Woman.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Misspent Boners on January 23, 2020, 02:42:08 PM
Maybe an airbass competition or some shit

Ahem.

QuoteThe superfan, who started watching Alan Partridge in his teens and would "endlessly quote it" with friends, said the festival would feature a personal appearance by a mystery guest, an air guitar competition, a disco with pre-1988 music only, plus "monkey tennis" and "inner city sumo" games.

petril

entirely attended by people who think that quoting the line "I'm just a fan Alan" grants immunity.

half a step above the sovereign citizens

Dewt

That's hilarious, Alan doesn't play air guitar.

Bazooka

Quote from: madhair60 on January 23, 2020, 12:47:03 PM
1000 degree apple turnover (from the superior second series of IAP)

And wash it down with a mouthful of Coleman's Mustard.

Dewt

Pauline Walnuts

I suppose it is a fretless bass guitar.

I don't know what to think anymore.

Glebe

Coogan turns up at wrong venue:

BlodwynPig

Top fact.. the guy in the background there on the right is a young Robert Peston