Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:46:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Great games that came out right at the end of a console's lifespan

Started by Sin Agog, January 23, 2020, 09:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: madhair60 on January 29, 2020, 11:28:07 AM
Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 29, 2020, 11:24:17 AMPlus they later released the Amiga exclusive 'Worms: The Director's Cut' in 1997, which was arguably the best version of Worms on any platform.
Based on what, being obscure?

I meant the best version of the original game, which in terms of content and polish it definitely was.

It had a lot of the now-familiar weapons that weren't in the original, Baseball Bat, Concrete Donkey, Super Sheep, Holy Hand Grenade etc, and introduced cavern levels, level editor and other stuff we take for granted. You could even use a paint package such as Deluxe Paint to create your own terrain packs. It was absolutely awesome.

madhair60

Oh right. Yeah I agree with that, sorry, I was just astonished at the idea it was somehow superior to the majestic Armageddon.

AsparagusTrevor

Armageddon was kinda like the Worms 2 Directors Cut (which would make 'Worms World Party' 'Worms 2 Director's Cut Director's Cut')

Jerzy Bondov

NoSleep

Quote from: bgmnts on January 24, 2020, 09:37:39 PMWould probably explain why the second half of FFIX is fucking mental and makes no sense.

I've been replaying FFIX recently and it's pretty good so far, but I've noticed they've rationed the variety of enemies you find in the field. I can't remember what they were right now but recall noticing other little corners being cut elsewhere, too. The script is good up to the point I've played so far (about half way) and well translated (in comparison to FFVII), so I look forward to it going mental.

C_Larence

Quote from: NoSleep on March 09, 2020, 09:46:19 AM
I've been replaying FFIX recently and it's pretty good so far, but I've noticed they've rationed the variety of enemies you find in the field. I can't remember what they were right now but recall noticing other little corners being cut elsewhere, too. The script is good up to the point I've played so far (about half way) and well translated (in comparison to FFVII), so I look forward to it going mental.

I don't think it really goes mental. It's more that it just rushes an ending out of nowhere. The most disappointing thing is that at least 2 characters don't have any story from the 3rd disc onwards. Still one of my favourite games of all time. The best final fantasy with the best characters, locations, and soundtrack.