Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:41:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Radio

Started by daimoniac, January 25, 2020, 09:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daimoniac

Morning folks

I'll be testing out my connection for broadcast purposes around midday (uk time) by sending yesterday's programme wot i did for Nova Radio North East over the air. If anyone's about and fancies listening, the banner button will be toggled!

it's not especially good and its got a couple of references to the station's email and twitter - please don't use them, the lads are broadcasting live and probably using it for other things, but i'll also be in chat if anyone fancies a bit of a natter!

Ambient Sheep

Cool!  Not sure I'll be around then but if I am I'll tune in.

However, is the banner still functional?  I'd presume it'd died when the site was wiped and reinstalled from scratch a couple of years ago after a hacking event. 

That's unless it just got restored along with spoilers, footnotes and proto-tags the other day...

daimoniac

nah - unforrtunately after teting, i can confirm the banner is dead - someone hacked the site? bloody hell!

daimoniac

live now - random intro from the station - unfortunately im missing an interface at home at present, but this should act as a good stress test for my internet connection to see if its good enough to host proper when i get the studio reconfiguration finished. enjoy  2 hours of lunchtime bollocks 24 hours after broadcast

Ambient Sheep

Links would be handy... :-)

daimoniac

ahh bugger, forgot about that - i got used to it being pinned when i was last here!

stream link (open in your preferred media player - broadcastig in mp3 at 128kbps)

http://s1.myradiostream.com:34552/listen.pls

The chatroom details are:

address: irc.portalx.org
port: 6667
room: #cookdandbombd

NoSleep

Link to a page where the stream plays (the above is a link to a file that will launch iTunes/Winamp to listen to the stream):

http://myradiostream.com/station/flashplayer.php?s=s1&p=34552

daimoniac

cheers for that Nige :) much appreciated!

Ambient Sheep

Thanks for that NoSleep, as the previous link wouldn't work on either of my phones.  That last one does.

NoSleep

This is a more up to date chatroom (can't even join the portalx one when I try).

address: irc.mibbit.net
port: 6667
room: #cabradio

EDIT: Daimoniac has joined me here too

Ambient Sheep

Quick link to the chatroom for those without a handy IRC client:

https://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23cabradio&server=irc.mibbit.net

and a reminder of the audio player:

(which doesn't actually need Flash despite the URL, it works fine on my phone)

Flouncer

Am I the only one in there or have I done something wrong?

the

Quote from: Flouncer on January 25, 2020, 12:44:30 PMAm I the only one in there or have I done something wrong?

You're appearing the room for me, 6 people in there at the moment. Try coming in again.

daimoniac

cheers for tuning in and for all the feedback folks, hopefully i'll be having another pop at it soon - maybe sunday afternoons if everything woks out as it should

daimoniac

I'm sort of thinking of doing this regular on a Saturday afternoon at midday (when I'm at home) kick off with a "not regulated by ofcom live do-over of the show from the community station the day before - probably a couple of different tunes I'd not be able to play otherwise (or the station recording if my throat or any part of my setup fails to function correctly) the. Kind of tick on for a bit until I've got to bugger off elsewhere. Can probably go til 3 this Saturday before I'm off to the wrestling.

daimoniac

just gone live - re.aying that weird mellow monday thing i covered for about the first hour until i find a get out point

chat is 'ere

daimoniac

probably going to go live at about 1 ish with this weeks show from the local radio - got my occasional co-host in with me this time. there'll be a switch around 3ish where i plug the things in i need to for microphones etc.

chat is 'ere

Lfbarfe

Does CaB Radio happen anymore?

sirhenry

Not that I can find.

And the CaB Radio archive is no longer available (to anyone but me, I think).

I kind of hoped that the lockdowns would restart it, as we all had so much free time and needed social contact, but no.

NoSleep

Hi there, Mr Barfe. Good to see you around.

It's kind of fizzled out. I kept a server going 24/7 for years but have let my subscription lapse so that I have to restart it manually (the cost of running it for free) if anyone wishes to use it. Actually I let it lapse because a friend of mine gifted me another server, which I announced here but there were no takers for starting up during the first lockdown.
Anytime anyone wishes to try it out they should pm me for the password and address and it'll be up and running in a second.
Thinking of taking it for a spin?

dr_christian_troy

I'm severely tempted to come back sooner rather than later. I was hosting a virtual quiz on Wednesdays (for my local friends group) the last couple of months and last night it was a no-show. CaB Radio however always had at least a few folks and generally a loyal and supportive following who would join in and listen.

In fact...yes, next week at some point. I'll look into the logistics with my current set-up this weekend. If my mic is playing up (after years of wear and tear when hosting quizzes around the Kent area), I'll look to upgrade and proceed the following week.

Lfbarfe

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on January 21, 2021, 06:28:15 PM
I'm severely tempted to come back sooner rather than later. I was hosting a virtual quiz on Wednesdays (for my local friends group) the last couple of months and last night it was a no-show. CaB Radio however always had at least a few folks and generally a loyal and supportive following who would join in and listen.

In fact...yes, next week at some point. I'll look into the logistics with my current set-up this weekend. If my mic is playing up (after years of wear and tear when hosting quizzes around the Kent area), I'll look to upgrade and proceed the following week.

Brilliant.

Lfbarfe

Quote from: NoSleep on January 21, 2021, 05:01:27 PM
Hi there, Mr Barfe. Good to see you around.

It's kind of fizzled out. I kept a server going 24/7 for years but have let my subscription lapse so that I have to restart it manually (the cost of running it for free) if anyone wishes to use it. Actually I let it lapse because a friend of mine gifted me another server, which I announced here but there were no takers for starting up during the first lockdown.
Anytime anyone wishes to try it out they should pm me for the password and address and it'll be up and running in a second.
Thinking of taking it for a spin?

I'm doing community radio where I live now, and a lot of it reminds me of those long nights many years ago. Playing all the Ellington and Stan Tracey, etc. I'd definitely be interested in having a go at getting up and running again on here.

NoSleep

Quote from: Lfbarfe on January 21, 2021, 06:38:53 PM
I'm doing community radio where I live now, and a lot of it reminds me of those long nights many years ago. Playing all the Ellington and Stan Tracey, etc.

Don't forget all the Alan Price.

QuoteI'd definitely be interested in having a go at getting up and running again on here.

PM me for the details and I'll start up the server. It's still a shoutcast server but there's a webpage that you can link people to (all mentioned above when daimoniac started a little revival a year ago) that includes a player as well as links for iTunes/WinAmp/etc.

NoSleep

Running a test here. CaB Radio is running at the moment. But it doesn't look like it supports mobile phones in this free version, so I'm going to  sign back up for the paid service. I'll be back with news for later.

Lfbarfe

Quote from: NoSleep on January 21, 2021, 07:55:22 PM
Don't forget all the Alan Price.

I'll play Papers next week. I probably won't play Fucking Mince.

NoSleep

NoSleep

Well, that's running on my mobile.

Old Thrashbarg

Yep, working fine for me.

dr_christian_troy

Coming soon...