Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:46:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rugby League (40)2020

Started by dr beat, January 25, 2020, 10:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schrodingers Cat

You know, no one has given us a prayer today against Saints, but I've just got a funny feeling
Spoiler alert
that we're going to get absolutely humiliated again. Wouldn't be surprised if we got nilled
[close]

Old Thrashbarg

Not too humiliating, but excellent prediction of the nilling.

Mr Eggs

Pies v Leyds is an absolute festival of ball drops.

Gulftastic

50 handling errors in 3 games. We are so shit.

Schrodingers Cat

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on August 16, 2020, 07:47:22 PM
Not too humiliating, but excellent prediction of the nilling.

It's not that impressive really. I could have made that prediction most weeks the last two years and had a good chance of being right.

I don't want to complain too much about that performance as it was full o' heart and effort, but that's now 150 minutes of rugby without scoring a single point. I know I've whined about this before on here, but it is so frustrating how we've gone from being the most exciting team to watch to one of, if not the, the most boring. We have become very formulaic in attack, and you can probably count on one hand the number of tries scored from our own half since 2018. We're long overdue a full rebuild, especially in the forwards. Otherwise we will just continue a slow decline towards the bottom of the table.

Old Thrashbarg

https://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_docs/MATCH%20REVIEW%20PANEL%20MINUTES%20FINAL%20200831.pdf

I do enjoy the RFL disciplinary process. They list the reasons why Fonua's tackle was perfectly legal, then still say that a yellow card was sufficient punishment. Would it really be so hard to admit an official made a mistake?

bgmnts

Aren't you allowed to punch downed opposing players full on in the face in League?

Old Thrashbarg

Depends on what you mean by 'allowed'. The one time it's happened the player involved received a six month ban. But he wasn't summarily executed and the RFL's PreCrime department didn't prevent it from taking place. So I guess in that sense it was 'allowed' to happen.

Gulftastic

Wigan paggered by bottom of the table Hull KR, now Cas being put to the sword by Salford. I'm enjoying this evening's entertainment.

dr beat

24 all HT Salford v Cas. Bets on final score?

dr beat

Fair play to HKR. Puts to bed that 84-6 from a few years back?

Schrodingers Cat

Gulftastic

dr beat

Enjoyed the Cas Hull game, great cup tie. Congratulations and commiserations.

Gulftastic

Powell's whinging is getting tiresome now. His team had zero discipline and paid the price.

BlodwynPig

Is this one of the characters from Ren & Stimpy?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54383355

or maybe puri puri prisoner from One Punch Man?

Gulftastic

Get the fuck in!! Battered 'em!

dr beat

Impressed with Inu and Dudson, much better players than they were at Widnes. Blame Betts.

Mr Eggs

Gulftastic

Well done Salford. Error strewn and their heads could have dropped when Warrington went two scores up but refused to lie down.

dr beat

Gulftastic

dr beat

I guess Salford are used to playing in front of hardly any people, must have felt like home advantage to them.

Gulftastic

If you fancy crying all the water out of your body, tune in tomorrow to this BBC show about Rob Burrow. I can't make it through the trailer without sobbing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nggd

dr beat

Rhinos in control of this so far.

dr beat

Quote from: Gulftastic on October 11, 2020, 01:46:11 PM
If you fancy crying all the water out of your body, tune in tomorrow to this BBC show about Rob Burrow. I can't make it through the trailer without sobbing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000nggd

I was welling up a bit when Abide with Me was on before.

dr beat

dr beat

Fantastic game. Congratulations Leeds.

Gulftastic

My nerves are shot. Great final