Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:39:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bilbo Teabaggins (bad adaptations thread)

Started by Default to the negative, January 25, 2020, 08:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Did you know that in the Extended Edition of the Battle of the Five Armies, there is a scene where the Master of Laketown eats a plate of goat's testicles and we get close-up shots of the fluids running down his chin?

Bollocks, sir!

Not exactly in the spirit of the novel, is it? Tolkien must have been spinning in his fucking grave on the day they filmed that scene. The Hobbit is about Bilbo's adventures in Middle-Earth. It is NOT about Stephen Fry chewing on testicles. I don't know why Peter Jackson thought it should be about that.

Anyway. What other adaptations can you think of, which do a total disservice to the source material?

Blumf

Well, Lynch's Dune is an obvious one. Gets the underlying message of the books completely arse-about-face. Not, Paul is not a hero/god, he's trapped by his foresight and unwilling to do what needs to be done. However I still love the film, for the sound and visuals you can just wallow in.

Looking forwards to Villeneuve adaptation this year too.