Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2020

Started by selectivememory, January 27, 2020, 08:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 26, 2020, 02:15:01 PM
Sharapova.

Due to the Russkis burying the penultimate syllable of female surnames this post does not make sense.

'Is this jokes? Why is clown make jokes' - a Russki, today.

Deanjam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 26, 2020, 01:45:38 PM
Sharapova GONE

A few years ago to be honest. At least since she had to stop taking that Russian medication for the unspecified medical condition she had.

Sad I'll never get to see Serena beat her down again.

selectivememory

Shoulders?-Stomach!

selectivememory

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/1258313872865460225

^ anyone else been following this Djokovic story? It doesn't really surprise me that he's a sucker for that kind of thing, that stuff has always clearly been there under the surface with him, but I did think he was smart enough to know not to be too open about it in public. Now he's giving a platform to some alternative medicine grifter spouting some really stupid psuedoscientific bollocks, and allowing the guy to use his Instagram live feed to hawk his snake oil products.

Also, he seemingly outed himself as an anti-vaxxer a couple of weeks back as well, and apparently his wife is a 5G/Coronavirus conspiracy theorist.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Isn't he also going into politics after Tennis? That'll be 'fun'.

FredNurke

Surprised he's not made the move already. Presumably he's gunning for the Grand Slam total.

Speaking of which, I'm now wondering whether Covid-19 might be the thing that puts Nadal out of contention.

buttgammon

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 08, 2020, 11:54:18 AM
Isn't he also going into politics after Tennis? That'll be 'fun'.

Who's the Serbian war criminal who escaped capture for years by disguising himself as some sort of alternative medicine charlatan? That.

Deanjam

Grigor Dimitrov has tested positive for Coronavirus after playing on Novaxx Djokovic's recent tour. Also video has emerged of the players out clubbing together during the event. Cases are low in the area, but obviously not everyone on the tour was from there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/53131665

QuoteWorld number 19 Grigor Dimitrov, who played in both of Novak Djokovic's recent Adria Tour events, has tested positive for coronavirus.

The Bulgarian, 29, withdrew from the second tournament in Zadar, Croatia on Saturday with sickness after his opening loss to Borna Coric.

"I am so sorry for any harm I might have caused," he said.

Sunday's final, which would have featured world number one Djokovic, has been cancelled.

Dimitrov, who also played in the first event in Belgrade last week, wrote on Instagram: "I tested positive back in Monaco for Covid-19. I want to make sure anyone who has been in contact with me during these past days gets tested and takes the necessary precautions.

"I am back home now and recovering. Thanks for your support and please stay safe and healthy."

The tournaments were set up by world number one Djokovic to help players get back to match fitness after several weeks without competition because of the coronavirus pandemic. Several top-10 players have been competing including Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Dominic Thiem.

The first event in Serbia attracted 4,000 fans, and several thousand attended in Zadar.

With both Serbia and Croatia easing lockdown measures before the events, players were not obliged to observe social distancing rules in either country and were seen embracing at the net at the end of their matches

Pictures on the tournament's social media from three days ago show Dimitrov playing basketball with Djokovic, Zverev and Marin Cilic, while he also put his arm around Coric before their match.

Djokovic's coach and event director Goran Ivanisevic told fans courtside the final was off because of Dimitrov's positive test.

Tournament organisers said the final was cancelled "as a precaution and to protect the health of all participants and visitors".

A statement read: "At all times we have strictly followed the epidemiological measures in place with the countries where the Adria Tour was organised.

"None of the people involved in the organisation and who have been in contact with Grigor have any symptoms.

"However, we are in close contact with health authorities in order to insure that all people who were in contact with Grigor will be tested tonight. Since we do not want to risk, we decided to cancel the final match."

There have been no professional tennis events organised by the main men's and women's tours since March because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The US Open will be held without fans from 31 August to 13 September, despite some players voicing concerns about travelling to New York.

buttgammon

For fuck's sake!

At least Djokovic can treat him with positive energy or whatever crap he believes in.

Deanjam

Coric has also now tested positive. He played Dimitrov in this tour.

BlodwynPig

Good work everyone. The repeated stupidity of humanity for economic reward continues.

selectivememory

Apparently Djokovic has crossed back into Serbia from Croatia without getting tested (unlike every other colleague of his at the event) because he didn't feel like he had symptoms. He really has revealed himself to be a complete fool in the last few months.

selectivememory

Oh, and going ahead with the US Open, on the assumption that these dipshits will follow social-distancing protocols in their spare time? Disaster waiting to happen. Cancel it for fuck's sake.

Deanjam

Add Viktor Troicki to the list.

Deanjam

Djokovic has tested positive as well. What an absolute shitshow of hubris and ignorance.

selectivememory

Hahaha. And again, this man refused a test before he crossed an international border after Dimitrov tested positive. What a reckless and dangerous idiot.

lankyguy95

He trusted too much in his defence game.

FredNurke

Gosh, it's a good thing his allergies and stamina problems all cleared up when he dopchanged his diet, or he'd really be in trouble now!

BlodwynPig

he's apologised, but surely he should be arrested and fined? IN THE COURT OF HUMAN DECENCY

pcsjwgm

The New York Times reports that Novak Djokovic, Vasek Pospisil and others are resigning from leadership roles in the Association of Tennis Professionals in order to form a Professional Tennis Players Association. Women will not be included. Governing bodies in the tennis world, as well as Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, have spoken out against the move.
https://twitter.com/i/events/1299780098288021504

Splitters!

Deanjam

With such progressive thinkers as Djokovic and Isner in charge, I'm sure it'll be a roaring success!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

buttgammon

Welcome to the Ratko Mladić Open, where players must show a certificate of non-immunisation to play, women must fuck off, and you are allowed to consult a shaman during an injury time-out.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Norrie now into a 5th against Schwartzman, was 2 sets down.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 31, 2020, 07:01:30 PM
Norrie now into a 5th against Schwartzman, was 2 sets down.

As I chortled at another plucky Brit getting stamped on at 2-0 down, I thought to myself "I bet he comes back and teaches me a lesson".

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Already broken in the 5th

what is point (what is game, what is set, what is match)

BlodwynPig

Your man did it...unbelievable scenes. Question of Sport appearances will come flooding in now.

buttgammon

Djokovic might be about to default here. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.