Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:09:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sartorial gamechangers

Started by Dex Sawash, January 29, 2020, 01:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Been wearing compression pants under my trousers/shorts for a year or so. Ones that don't fall apart are spendy. Bought some pairs of ladies ones. Waist band nice and soft and wide, choices of how high the waist band is. Accidentally bought some capri length ones, they're ok too.

I also endorse fleece beanies from the boy's clothing section because you do not have to fold up the brim and there's not a lot of excess material to form a reservoir tip on your head.

madhair60

Got invaginated and now underwear is a breeze.

Butchers Blind

Had to Google compression pants as no idea.  Think Im ok with my regular pants with easy pee access.

poodlefaker

Yeah, is it to hold your gut in or what?

Pseudopath

They're purportedly for better aerodynamics during running, but everyone knows they're just Spanx for men.

seepage

Slip-on shoes. Life really is too short for laces.

Moleskin jeans instead of denim.

[OK boomer]

Norton Canes

Just gone from stretch skinny to spray-on skinny

MojoJojo

Piece of offcut carpet. Warm, and generates a static charge to zap potential trouble makers.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Leather jacket. It may be a good indication of an impending mid life crisis for me, but they're ever so lovely things to own and wear. Boomez vous?

Norton Canes

Quote from: MojoJojo on January 29, 2020, 03:35:11 PM
Piece of offcut carpet. Warm, and generates a static charge to zap potential trouble makers

Deep shag?

Puce Moment

Quote from: seepage on January 29, 2020, 03:30:51 PMSlip-on shoes. Life really is too short for laces.

Big fan of boots with a side zip - it takes me a fucking age to put boots on and then lacing them up in the morning.

Quote from: Puce Moment on January 29, 2020, 04:07:10 PM
Big fan of boots with a side zip - it takes me a fucking age to put boots on and then lacing them up in the morning.

Not a fan myself, whether the zip's at the side or the front.

marquis_de_sad

Tip: Bald? Cultivate pate-moss.

Famous Mortimer

Extra wide shoes. My massive fucking feet have clearly never known real comfort until now. Get em measured up properly and you'll be walking on air.

Sherringford Hovis

I feel underdressed unless I'm brandishing a Knobkierie, despite the accusations of cultural assimilation.

Ray Travez

Also had to google compression pants. Turns out I've been wearing them without knowing it.

I also rate elasticated belts. Stretchy shoelaces I'm not sold on yet; had to take them out of my hiking boots, but they're ok in trainers.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: poodlefaker on January 29, 2020, 01:52:31 PM
Yeah, is it to hold your gut in or what?

It's a long and dull story that I am happy to tell. It begins as so many other stories with a bored Scot sometime around 1860. John MacGregor, frustrated by a good ramble cut short by deep water and the boats of the day being too heavy to carry on land. He did up a sort of lightweight canoe rigged to sail when the wind served yet light enough to carry when the water ran out, small enough to fuck off home on the train when necessary. He got up to all sorte of adventures and wrote some books about it and others began to participate. Pretty soon these cunts couldn't just enjoy a few quiet hours and began to race each other. They added more and more sail area until someone wedged a plank sideways across his canoe so he could get his weight well outboard of the hull to counteract the immense force of the massive sail. Some sporting limitations were imposed and the International 10 Square Meter Sailing Canoe class was born.

<snip>

Now I wear lady's athleisure garments as underwear.

seepage

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on January 29, 2020, 05:16:49 PM
I feel underdressed unless I'm brandishing a Knobkierie, despite the accusations of cultural assimilation.

Wee laddie for a palfrey?

The Bumlord

Ray Travez

idunnosomename

chopped off my tits and now i just wrap my torso in bandages

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 29, 2020, 05:53:35 PM
lady's

I wanted to fix this. I forgot to capitalize Lady, the name of the person who owned all the pants I wear. Defenitely didn't fuck up and put lady's where I meant ladies'