Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:09:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Asking if this seat is taken - rudeness

Started by shiftwork2, January 30, 2020, 06:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

You're a decent sort.  You'd say 'is this seat taken?' before you took a seat on a busy train, wouldn't you?  Apparently not for this absolute melt.

Discuss the coarsening of our culture and the neoliberal every-man-for-himself prevailing attitude and its effect on basic manners and consideration in posts that you write underneath this one, alright cheers

Sebastian Cobb

Depends. Probably not if they were reading or had earphones in.

earl_sleek

Fuck no. If it's not reserved it's not taken and is free for anyone.

People who sit next to someone when it's not neccessary should be fed to the dogs, though.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 30, 2020, 06:46:55 PM
Depends. Probably not if they were reading or had earphones in.

But if they are doing both they cancel each other out and you should ask.

alan nagsworth

Emma Raducanu

I've been on trains in Poland, Austria and Germany in the last few months and they all make the entire existence of trains in Britain look like a big old pile of honking dog shit covered in shit and piss. Feel sorry for anyone who HAS to use trains here.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: alan nagsworth on January 30, 2020, 07:09:16 PM
I sit where I want, when I want.

And the men with the willies prefer you wouldn't.

buttgammon

Quote from: DolphinFace on January 30, 2020, 07:15:41 PM
I've been on trains in Poland, Austria and Germany in the last few months and they all make the entire existence of trains in Britain look like a big old pile of honking dog shit covered in shit and piss. Feel sorry for anyone who HAS to use trains here.

Loved the train in Poland. Cheap, frequent, punctual. Rolling stock was old, but clean and well looked after. Had to intervene to stop a bloke sexually assaulting a sleeping girl coming out of Krakow, but I can't really fault PKP for that.

alan nagsworth

olliebean

What if it's your reserved seat and someone else is already sitting in it and they just laugh at you when you ask them to move?

shiftwork2

It's alright he got off at Darlington or some other northern monkey cesspit of filth.

hamfist

I still ask. Maybe their companion has gone to do a poopoo or suchlike, and may yet return to the seat they had gently been queefing their pre-poopoo gases into.

De Rigeur in Switzerland - you simply must say "isch da no frei ?" before lowering your bottom. To not do that would make you animalia.

holyzombiejesus

Are you mental? Why would you ask?

On my commute, if there are no double seats left and I see someone with their bag on the empty seat next to them, I will purposely ask to sit there say 'excuse me' with an expectation that they move their precious fucking bag, rather than use an empty seat. Hate these cunts. (Obviously some people have their bags next to them because it's more convenient than having them on their lap or in the overhead racks. I don't mind these people so much although once the train starts to fill up I think they should have an awareness of their surroundings and move their shit. Often people will sigh when asked though and that makes me want to bite their eyes.)

shiftwork2

Quote from: hamfist on January 30, 2020, 10:10:46 PM
I still ask. Maybe their companion has gone to do a poopoo or suchlike, and may yet return to the seat they had gently been queefing their pre-poopoo gases into.

De Rigeur in Switzerland - you simply must say "isch da no frei ?" before lowering your bottom. To not do that would make you animalia.

hamfist - a gentleman of the rails.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Taking an unreserved seat on a busy train is fine.

People sitting on THE AISLE SEAT obstructing everyone from the available window seat need to be bagged, labelled and destroyed.

bgmnts

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 30, 2020, 10:16:51 PM
Are you mental? Why would you ask?

On my commute, if there are no double seats left and I see someone with their bag on the empty seat next to them, I will purposely ask to sit there say 'excuse me' with an expectation that they move their precious fucking bag, rather than use an empty seat. Hate these cunts. (Obviously some people have their bags next to them because it's more convenient than having them on their lap or in the overhead racks. I don't mind these people so much although once the train starts to fill up I think they should have an awareness of their surroundings and move their shit. Often people will sigh when asked though and that makes me want to bite their eyes.)

No joke. Bag on seat next to them cunts are fucking horrid and i hope the train/bus crashes just so they get paralysed, even if it means my death.

Captain Z

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 30, 2020, 06:45:10 PM
You're a decent sort.  You'd say 'is this seat taken?' before you took a seat on a busy train, wouldn't you?

No, of course I wouldn't.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ultimately what we all mean is that it should be a normal country where there are enough carriages on the train for people to feel comfortable on their journey.

weekender

I usually just ask if their bag is tired, or needs a rest.

Menacing eye contact usually fulfils this social contract.

shiftwork2

Oh bag cunts is an entirely different discussion, one which may involve gas.  I find the frosty determined concentration of a bag cunt on their reading material to be comedic; few have ever concentrated so hard on anything.  Can't be less work than just moving the bag.

weekender

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 30, 2020, 10:22:29 PM
Ultimately what we all mean is that it should be a normal country where there are enough carriages on the train for people to feel comfortable on their journey.

BURN THIS WITCH

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Do you remember that scene in " Falling In Love" ( Dir.Ulu  Grosbard, 1985), in which an anxious Meryl Streep was waiting on her morning commute train  for Robert De Niro to show up, and was all worried and preoccupied and that, then she heard a voice saying, in gruffly, indistinguishable American tones " Is this seat taken, missus? ", to which she anxiously responded  YES IT IS ACTUALLY, YOU MASSIVE FUCKING CUNT, and then she looked up, and it was the boy De Niro himself, at which point she softened up, and said " Oh, yeah, soz, sit down , then , ya shitter" ?

Lovely scene, that. I'm off to " Deeper Into Movies" , now.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 30, 2020, 10:20:29 PM

People sitting on THE AISLE SEAT obstructing everyone from the available window seat need to be bagged, labelled and destroyed.

It's annoying but if someone wants/ needs the legroom that the aisle seat provides then they're not necessarily 'obstructing', are they? When I did my knee in, I needed an aisle seat and felt like a right shit, especially when someone wanted to sit down and obviously expected me to shift along rather than stand and let them in to the window seat.

Glyn

Only done it once for a repeat commuting offender but sitting down heavily on an offending bag and offering a heartfelt 'oh god , I really didn't expect that to be there' was both cathartic, and a 'so this is what I've become' moment in my life.

Clownbaby

On a trip to Manchester I discovered one of my mates is the kind who sits in people's reserved train seats when there were still unreserved seats available. He couldn't see why that might be irritating for the person who had a seat reserved. I remember when I was about 16 me and my mam found an old couple sitting in our reserved seats, calmly pointed out we'd already reserved them and the old man said ''where's a fucking gun when you need one''. Weirdly intense reaction from him there

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 30, 2020, 10:20:29 PM

I'm afraid that is the opinion of an angry ape. I sit in the aisle seat if my journey is only a few stops so that I'm not penned in by a cunt that I'm just going to have to shuffle past shortly.

I don't put my bag on the empty window seat, because that would be unforgiveable.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on January 31, 2020, 12:53:39 AMso that I'm not penned in by a cunt that I'm just going to have to shuffle past shortly.

Passive aggressive tactics for the sake of an easy disembarkment. Slot in properly.

idunnosomename

i drive everywhere now because i cant handle this shit anymore