Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,341
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Asking if this seat is taken - rudeness

Started by shiftwork2, January 30, 2020, 06:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Quote from: sick as a pike on February 01, 2020, 09:26:50 PM
I feel if someone is sitting in one of a double seat then it's not right for me to take the other- they'd probably find it intrusive, so I'll stand. This feeling does, admittedly, fade for journeys of over an hour or so.

Yeah I was going to say, rules are slightly different depending on the type of journey if you're talking about  a train that goes from Waterloo to Guildford vs Kings Cross to Edinburgh

Marner and Me

Fuck that, if there is an empty seat, I'm having it, except if it is next to an absolute mouth breather. I try and use trains as little as possible. Worst are the families on a day trip, 3 prams, 7 kids, table covered in smashed up Quavers and Ribenna.

imitationleather

That's standard class, isn't it?

Probably bought the entire carriage.

Replies From View

Imagine if you were on the big black leather seat on Celebrity Mastermind and then some pleb came in off the street and was like "yeah are you needing this?"

"I'm sitting on it mate."

"Yeah but I need to sit down as well, so..."

"I'm already sitting here mate.  You need to find another seat."

You'd be like this wouldn't you:  *gestures to all the camera and sound crew and the studio audience and Magnus magnussin for someone to notice what is happening*

"Yeah but I need to sit down, so.... it's my turn by this point."

"Mate can't you see we're trying to film Celebrity Mastermind here?"

"Mate let me sit down yeah?"

"I AM TRYING TO DO A ROUND ON CELEBRITY MASTERMIND."

God it would be so infuriating if that happened.  I can feel my blood boiling from how annoying it would be.  Why would everyone involved in the filming just be ignoring it for crying out loud?!  Jesus fuck almighty.