Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:46:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

First day as a Britisher. What will you do?

Started by Danger Man, January 31, 2020, 11:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'll be watching 'Root Into Europe' with the excellent George Cole, and remembering when our country was once in Europe.

https://youtu.be/uhKJs5ND0GU

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I wouldn't, not even joking right, honour a French bucket with my effluence.

Cerys

First day as a Britisher. What will you do?

>KILL JESTER

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on February 01, 2020, 12:34:26 AM

Rolf IZZANT AAR FAWLT. As they say, in That England. And the Aussies don't want him back either. From what I've heard, they never liked him. The Rolf Question has been hanging over us both for a long time.

"Will no one rid me of this troublesome Rolf?"

Kryton

Not lowering myself to his level. Shoulders, shithouse, morelike.

bgmnts

Says the lad who hits people with his car in Rocket League.

chveik

Quote from: Kryton on February 01, 2020, 02:17:47 AM
Called Shoulders -? Stomach-! a CUNT.
Which I think should remain a wonderful pastime.

Most noticeably for him having a TURD for a SOUL.
(In the sense that he's a cunt!)

traitor

Quote from: bgmnts on February 01, 2020, 02:22:15 AM
Says the lad who hits people with his car in Rocket League.

Is there some bad blood here, that we should all know about?

Personally, I've thought of Shoulders as a sneaky-cliquey troublemaker ever since he made this post:

QuoteJust reading the first two pages of apparently abhorrent awfulness back and as usual it's just paper-thin sensitive pearl clutching based on nothing more than an interpretation of the general tone rather than anything specific. Outside of a post by Default to the Negative I couldn't locate any other posts which could reasonably match the descriptions made.

So it's just me, eh.

bgmnts

I was just joking to be fair. I thought the idea of someone hitting someone with a car in online gaming being an equal transgression as bringing up someones personal, emotional and financial worries as a dig was quite funny.

That sounds like a great joke and a perfectly proportional reaction.

Kryton

Quote from: Default to the negative on February 01, 2020, 02:40:23 AM
Is there some bad blood here, that we should all know about?

Absolutely nothing. That's what got me the most. No bad blood.
Fuck it, anyway. Maybe it's Brexit that's set off something inside him like my (The Thing (1982)) thread.

Non Stop Dancer

Be hospitalised for flu/sleep deprevation/acute panic/telling them I feel like I'm made of glue/cheese.

Jasha

March into AldiLidl and demand they sell me a quarter of luncheon meat and half a pound of carrots. Need to fuel the car too so BP had better start pricing their petrol in gallons before I put my weekly £20 in the tank

We're back pre-1973, so I'm support act for Bernard Manning at Burnley Working Men's Club.

thenoise

pancreas

I literally have to go and practice an 'RAF goes forth' march on the church organ today. I really need to stop saying 'yes' before asking the details.

Non Stop Dancer

In hospital overnight and the old dear in the next bed informs the nurse confidently that they ought to have individual rooms rather than the curtain system. Now my first reaction I admit was that it was simply too expensive but yeah in utopia I guess (you could tell she assumed they simply hadn't thought of it) but within a short moment I started to think about the logistical reasons hospitals were built that way.

That's the entire Brexit mentality, that is.

Zetetic

Quite a lot of new builds do have individual rooms. Pretty sure at least Scotland had it as policy for a bit.

(Not just observation and rounding practicality as a counterargument, but also patient loneliness etc.)

Non Stop Dancer

Fuck me maybe she was on to something. That being said, she did have the general tone of a patient who assumed everything being done/not done was as a personal slight against her rather than clinical or practical considerations.

jobotic

On train to a meeting. Have to change at Victoria so probably slipping on a discarded plastic flag sliding through some Stella vomit and breaking my neck

phes

Quote from: Zetetic on February 01, 2020, 08:24:16 AM
patient loneliness

true for some, but I see plenty of patients who are near hysterical from lack of sleep caused by the 24/7 circus. The answer? Fully automated, retractable walls of course

Zetetic

Individual rooms for some, bunk beds for others.

Cuellar

Have to go to Londonistan today gonna shout at some minorities

idunnosomename

I feel shittier than i expected. Maybe i am truly british

Noonling

Quote from: Zetetic on February 01, 2020, 09:26:40 AM
Individual rooms for some, bunk beds for others.

There should be king-sized beds to share with anyone with the same illness as you. Won't feel lonely when you're both eating through a tube!