Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:38:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unconditional love

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 01, 2020, 11:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That's bad isn't it? Whether from an animal or a human.

To love something you also have to respect it. I couldn't respect some drooling servile type of unearnt love. I could enjoy it initially, then it would become awful.

Still, maybe you would enjoy it. Oh, no, you're actually masturbating aren't you! Please, please no.

bgmnts

To be honest I would find it very hard to be totally intimate with anyone nowadays as I know in all honesty most people are utter scumbags. They're probably racist, xenophobic, nationalistic, racist, ableist, sexist, rude, greedy, cruel or apathetic and those qualities turn me off. And I can never really connect with anyone beyond the superficial. So sex and relationships would always be limited.

I want to just go off and live in an animal sanctuary somewhere ideally.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What if something came along and loved you unconditionally, not just for a bit but for its existence, and you became obliged to maintain that for their wellbeing?

shiftwork2

Obtainable from cats and dogs.  I'm a cat person and always will be, butI have experience of dogs and they are are something else.  Dogs really are dependent fucking idiots to a degree that perturbs the cat owner accustomed to chilly indifference from their pet.  Keeping a cat is a contract with an essentially eternally wild animal; looking after a dog is like adopting a moron child.

Cerys

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 01, 2020, 11:28:59 PM
What if something came along and loved you unconditionally, not just for a bit but for its existence, and you became obliged to maintain that for their wellbeing?

It's called parenthood, Shoulders.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on February 01, 2020, 11:14:46 PM
To be honest I would find it very hard to be totally intimate with anyone nowadays as I know in all honesty most people are utter scumbags. They're probably racist, xenophobic, nationalistic, racist, ableist, sexist, rude, greedy, cruel or apathetic and those qualities turn me off. And I can never really connect with anyone beyond the superficial. So sex and relationships would always be limited.

I want to just go off and live in an animal sanctuary somewhere ideally.

Some animals are well known to be greedy, cruel and apathetic though.  Bound to be some racists as well.

bgmnts

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 01, 2020, 11:49:45 PM
Some animals are well known to be greedy, cruel and apathetic though.  Bound to be some racists as well.

They literally can't be can they? You can't apply human emotion to an animal.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cerys on February 01, 2020, 11:35:25 PM
It's called parenthood, Shoulders.

Well, the child's love is unconditional until it gets a tad older. The parents remains conditional, otherwise there wouldn't be conditions where a parent says fuck this, bye.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on February 01, 2020, 11:56:39 PM
They literally can't be can they? You can't apply human emotion to an animal.

I'm the last person to start anthropomorphising animals, but I don't think those emotional traits are strictly human.  Well, racism might be, but xenophobia certainly isn't.

But there are some MASSIVE cunts in the animal kingdom, and they've had a LOT longer to develop complex emotions than us humans have.  Just look at elephants (referring to the complex emotions there, not them being MASSIVE cunts).

Kelvin

Loving a person, even if you can't be around them because of the hurt or suffering they cause, isn't a bad thing. It suggests empathy, compassion, forgiveness, pretty much the best qualities a person can possess. Da fuck are you talkin' about!   

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Kelvin on February 02, 2020, 12:07:21 AM
Loving a person, even if you can't be around them because of the hurt of suffering they cause, isn't a bad thing. It suggests empathy, compassion, forgiveness, pretty much the best qualities a person can possess. Da fuck are you talkin' about!

The qualities are the best but is it the best when you direct them poorly? Maxine Carr?

QDRPHNC

pancreas

I think if someone told you they loved you unconditionally and then you cut off their leg, you might find they had changed their mind.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: pancreas on February 02, 2020, 12:46:50 AM
I think if someone told you they loved you unconditionally and then you cut off their leg, you might find they had changed their mind.

No truer sign of love than cooking and eating another man's balls whilst he sits opposite you, slowly dying.

pancreas

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 01, 2020, 11:05:26 PM
To love something you also have to respect it. I couldn't respect some drooling servile type of unearnt love.

Are we supposed to pretend that anyone has ever loved you, for any reason, at any time, in any context? Your thread sounds like a bitter lament from the terminally unloved.

pancreas

Quote from: Default to the negative on February 02, 2020, 12:54:24 AM
Are we supposed to pretend that anyone has ever loved you, for any reason, at any time, in any context? Your thread sounds like a bitter lament from the terminally unloved.

I've met her actually. Not even much of a cunt.

Cerys

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 01, 2020, 11:59:08 PM
Well, the child's love is unconditional until it gets a tad older. The parents remains conditional, otherwise there wouldn't be conditions where a parent says fuck this, bye.

Depends on the parent.

Noonling

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 01, 2020, 11:34:22 PM
Obtainable from cats and dogs.  I'm a cat person and always will be, butI have experience of dogs and they are are something else.  Dogs really are dependent fucking idiots to a degree that perturbs the cat owner accustomed to chilly indifference from their pet.  Keeping a cat is a contract with an essentially eternally wild animal; looking after a dog is like adopting a moron child.

This is why I don't understand people who keep dogs. Its just creepy, I don't want something that seems to be that happy to see me.

Quote from: Cerys on February 02, 2020, 01:42:16 AM
Depends on the parent.

I think parents who love their child unconditionally are idiots. Coincidentally, I also plan on never being a parent.

EDIT: Or I guess, as Kelvin says, the parent could technically love them unconditionally while understanding they shouldn't be around/have any contact with their child to minimise suffering all round.

Cerys

The thing is to remember the difference between loving someone and liking them.  When I was a kid I didn't like my dad - but I never stopped loving him.  Presumably it can work the other way round, too.

bgmnts

Can you unconditionally hate anyone? A tory maybe?

Ferris

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2020, 01:11:50 PM
Can you unconditionally hate anyone? A tory maybe?

I had a colleague who worked at a different site, who was never on the same projects as me, but whose mere presence in the office would put my blood up. My dislike of him was on a visceral level.

He was an absolute flowchart.

bgmnts

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2020, 01:20:47 PM
Imagine saving someone's life and they still hate your guts.

Best I can do is an NHS worker who saves the life of some Bumpton Frumpton tory and they are furious at being revived using taxpayer income. Just let me die at the boat race in peace!

Sebastian Cobb