Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,493
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Woman Whose CCTV Captured A Goblin Insists It’s Not Her Son Being Weird

Started by Flatulent Fox, February 02, 2020, 09:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Remember when elves were quite mysterious and lived in forests and had a rich folklore? Now its a fucking little crazy frog thing because harry fucking potter like.

That kid is scarily thin though.

Replies From View

It can't be her son because he doesn't even wear his underwear on his head.

alan nagsworth

actually crying with laughter at that video, funniest shit i've seen in ages

quite blatantly it's howard the alien

BlodwynPig

There was that gnome from argentina years ago, this is a poor attempt

RIP La Junta Goblin, star of Harry Potter

Blumf

Quote from: Captain Z on February 02, 2020, 09:49:41 AM
"My son was actually at Woking Pizza Express that night".

"He would never need to put underwear on his head, because he doesn't sweat"

Thomas

Icehaven

Why is it a goblin and not an alien? Do aliens not dance? And also why, when we can now film the surface of the Sun in high definition, is so much CCTV still of such poor quality that it'd be useless for identifying burglars anyway?

PlanktonSideburns

Uncle TechTip

I think the big clue to this mystery is that the goblin does a side to side motion whilst walking that very much looks like a human mocking a goblin rather than an actual goblin.

Replies From View

Zetetic

Quote from: icehaven on February 02, 2020, 10:32:15 AM
Why is it a goblin and not an alien? Do aliens not dance?
Why would an alien be coming from inside the house?

Replies From View

BlodwynPig

Non Stop Dancer

Imagine being as thick as that woman, or the man who says we need to form an alliance. I've just been delirious from an infection for 3 days, and am starting to wonder if people like that are basically living out one long delusion.

Icehaven

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on February 02, 2020, 12:43:49 PM
Imagine being as thick as that woman, or the man who says we need to form an alliance. I've just been delirious from an infection for 3 days, and am starting to wonder if people like that are basically living out one long delusion.

There's often an assumption that thickos have it easier overall, that they're not afflicted with anything like existential angst or paralysed by overthinking everything and just shlep through their lives in bovine contentment, blissfully unaware of anything past the end of their own nose.
This is the flip side of that theory, as if a youtube video of a child with pants on it's head prompts you to feel confusion, wonder and fear, the world at large must be a truly terrifying place stuffed full of mysterious potential threats. You'd never  sleep at night.

Kryton

https://lite987.com/strange-stick-like-nightcrawler-creatures-caught-on-video/

These are my favourite 'weird shit caught on CCTV creatures' .
Probably just puppets or something on stilts or something. But i read somewhere that attemps had been made to recreate the scene using puppets and it didn't work. Or something.

Kryton

I've watched this video too many times now. That chicken dance bit is perfect.

Pingers

If I've had a really bad viral infection for a few days I afterwards think that must be what it's like to be thick

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Kryton on February 02, 2020, 01:52:41 PM
https://lite987.com/strange-stick-like-nightcrawler-creatures-caught-on-video/

These are my favourite 'weird shit caught on CCTV creatures' .
Probably just puppets or something on stilts or something. But i read somewhere that attemps had been made to recreate the scene using puppets and it didn't work. Or something.

I've seen another video of those from the same place (Fresno) which was later debunked as people on stilts wrapped in white silk.

idunnosomename

these are the people who think they should own guns.

i like how the neighbour does a perfect "hyukyukyuk" i didnt know real people actually did

Johnny Yesno

I'm sorry to break it to you but you're still delirious and everything posted above actually just concerns a story about a cat falling down a well. Go back to bed until this blows over.

chveik

weekender

Occam's razor (also Ockham's razor or Ocham's razor: Latin: novacula Occami; or law of parsimony: Latin: lex parsimoniae) is the problem-solving principle that states that "Entities should not be multiplied without necessity."[1][2] The idea is attributed to English Franciscan friar William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), a scholastic philosopher and theologian who used a preference for simplicity to defend the idea of divine miracles. It is sometimes paraphrased by a statement like "the simplest solution is most likely the right one". Occam's razor says that when presented with competing hypotheses that make the same predictions, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions,[3] and it is not meant to be a way of choosing between hypotheses that make different predictions.

So, with my philosophy hat on[nb]True fact - weekender actually has been to university where he studied PPE, which he rates in the order of 1,3,2[/nb], I consider the following:

1. The woman says it is absolutely not her son messing around in his underpants in their driveway

So we have to discount this premise, as it is based on the empirical observation of what is surely a reliable and trustworthy witness.

With this being ruled out, we have to consider other options.

2. It is actually a goblin

So there it is.

Utilising the 'Occam's Razor' approach, I am left with no other option other than to reasonably and rationally conclude that this is actually a goblin.

Kryton

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 02, 2020, 02:53:33 PM
I've seen another video of those from the same place (Fresno) which was later debunked as people on stilts wrapped in white silk.

I think I saw something similar but I thought it was hard to replicate and the stilts thing was just a possibility rather than it being debunked?

Quote from: weekender on February 02, 2020, 04:30:18 PM
Occam's razor (also Ockham's razor or Ocham's razor: Latin: novacula Occami; or law of parsimony: Latin: lex parsimoniae) is the problem-solving principle that states that "Entities should not be multiplied without necessity."[1][2] The idea is attributed to English Franciscan friar William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), a scholastic philosopher and theologian who used a preference for simplicity to defend the idea of divine miracles. It is sometimes paraphrased by a statement like "the simplest solution is most likely the right one". Occam's razor says that when presented with competing hypotheses that make the same predictions, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions,[3] and it is not meant to be a way of choosing between hypotheses that make different predictions.

So, with my philosophy hat on[nb]True fact - weekender actually has been to university where he studied PPE, which he rates in the order of 1,3,2[/nb], I consider the following:

1. The woman says it is absolutely not her son messing around in his underpants in their driveway

So we have to discount this premise, as it is based on the empirical observation of what is surely a reliable and trustworthy witness.

With this being ruled out, we have to consider other options.

2. It is actually a goblin

So there it is.

Utilising the 'Occam's Razor' approach, I am left with no other option other than to reasonably and rationally conclude that this is actually a goblin.

Decent analysis, but allow me to correct you.

There are two possible answers to the mystery of this video. First, that it is the woman's son messing about with underpants on his head in their driveway. Second, that it is a goblin. Dialectic materialism dictates that either of those premises alone is likely to be an accurate description of the world. The only possible solution in this situation is that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, ergo:

It was a goblin messing about with the woman's son's underpants on its head in their driveway.