Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Laughing in the face of death

Started by bgmnts, February 02, 2020, 11:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSemK7u5Rck

This is mental isn't it? So many emotions watching this. Would anyone here be that blase in the face of a near death experience? I think i'd shit my colon out and have the shakes for 20 years.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I guess paedophiles are just more happy-go-lucky than most.

Cerys

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2020, 11:36:38 AM

This is mental isn't it? So many emotions watching this. Would anyone here be that blase in the face of a near death experience? I think i'd shit my colon out and have the shakes for 20 years.

Delayed reaction.  Later she was observed hugging a policeman while singing the madness scene from Lucia di Lammermoor.  Off-key.

Mister Six

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2020, 11:36:38 AM

Acceptable release of tension in a macho environment where you're not allowed to show emotion, maybe?

poo

Cardenio I

I got hit by a car recently. In my experience a near death experience, once the threat is no longer there, is quite a funny thing. There's something ridiculous about death seen up close. It wears a spinning bow tie.

sirhenry

Quote from: Cardenio I on February 03, 2020, 01:35:09 PM
I got hit by a car recently. In my experience a near death experience, once the threat is no longer there, is quite a funny thing. There's something ridiculous about death seen up close. It wears a spinning bow tie.
This.
Everyone should have a near death experience at least once every decade. It makes everything worthwhile for ages afterwards, let alone the uberorgasmic "I'm alive!" feeling that lasts a day or two. I've had four so far and am due another in three or so years if I'm lucky.

Doing a comedy podcast while/about dying of incurable, penultimate-stage, lung cancer was fun, but once the miracle cure kicked in it lost a lot of its raison d'etre and just became embarrassing, so I quit this place before everyone called me a fraud.

Ray Travez

I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but what is the miracle cure for terminal cancer?

Ray Travez

This thread inspired me to watch youtube clips of people almost falling off cliffs.

After that I needed harder stuff- people falling off cliffs (and surviving.) I think that's enough for me, the next stage isn't my bag at all.

Dex Sawash

Neomod

I've nearly drowned twice, been hit by a car and a lorry (separately) but feel a bit of a lightweight compared to a cancer survivor.

Captain Z

All in a day's work, innt. That's probably not the first time she's been shot at, and I expect she has witnessed worse.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: poo on February 03, 2020, 01:34:02 PM
wear helment

I know this is mostly a joke but I do see cunts saying this around scenarios like this. Military helmets do literally, actually fuck all to prevent you from having your skull ventilated. They're to protect you against debris and shrapnel, not bullets. If a bullet hits your helmet and doesn't immediately take your brains out the other side, then you've basically had God come down from Heaven and kiss you on the genital region of choice.

Also, love the armchair cunts in the comments section rambling about BLOODY TYPICAL WOMEN WEARING BRIGHT BLUE HEADSCARVES. Aye, like how UN peacekeepers get regularly domed for wearing bright blue helmets??? Oh wait they don't you rancorous, witless, intellect-devoid cunts.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Ray Travez on February 03, 2020, 01:52:57 PM
I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but what is the miracle cure for terminal cancer?

Death.

Bowie did that photo where he was laughing in the face of Death-who then told him, 'Fuck that.  I was going to let you off but now I'm having you, cheeky bastard!'

sirhenry

Quote from: Ray Travez on February 03, 2020, 01:52:57 PM
Half a kilo of blueberries and a double packet of custard creams a day. And a comedy podcast. And a weekly cocktail of the most vicious drugs the NHS is allowed to give you, like cisplatin and vinorelbine (that literally burns through your veins and leaves them bruised for months after). And 20 goes at being shot at by multiple gamma rays (as long as they hit the bullseye every time and win the fluffy toy almost-Pokemon).

Simple as that.

Admittedly at the cost of all your teeth, half a kidney or two, a huge chunk of your memory and your job. But you do get limited hearing loss due to constant tinnitus in one ear, so that's a plus. Oh, and several more years of life. And survivor's guilt as everyone else you got to know during treatment (and a couple of close friends) dies. Horribly.

But not you.

Cerys

I'd like to give you a very large hug right now, SirH.  Not a Huge Welsh Hug.  A better hug than that.

Glebe

Hugs indeed Sir H. Just glad you are with us mate.

bgmnts

Quote from: sirhenry on February 03, 2020, 06:10:27 PM
Half a kilo of blueberries and a double packet of custard creams a day. And a comedy podcast. And a weekly cocktail of the most vicious drugs the NHS is allowed to give you, like cisplatin and vinorelbine (that literally burns through your veins and leaves them bruised for months after). And 20 goes at being shot at by multiple gamma rays (as long as they hit the bullseye every time and win the fluffy toy almost-Pokemon).

Simple as that.

Admittedly at the cost of all your teeth, half a kidney or two, a huge chunk of your memory and your job. But you do get limited hearing loss due to constant tinnitus in one ear, so that's a plus. Oh, and several more years of life. And survivor's guilt as everyone else you got to know during treatment (and a couple of close friends) dies. Horribly.

But not you.

Still, good news about the chocolate oranges.

Dunno what to say to that beyond sorry and glad you're here.

Thomas

I, too, continue to be glad you're alive, sirhenners! Have a pleasant evening - custard cream time.

Kryton

The reason she's wearing bright blue is a big fuck you to the radical Islamists. Getting killed by a woman = no heaven