Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:47:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Buying and selling houses

Started by Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle, February 03, 2020, 12:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Better Midlands on February 05, 2020, 02:44:12 PM
I'm sure it will be worth over £531,760 now.

Having said that it's a sweet investment, it will be worth £70,692,174 in another 48 years time.

Ferris

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 05, 2020, 02:48:42 PM
Having said that it's a sweet investment, it will be worth £70,692,174 in another 48 years time.

My parents genuinely think this and are baffled I haven't borrowed a million quid and bought as much property as I can get my hands on (and paid the 10k a month in mortgage fees)

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 05, 2020, 02:50:38 PM
My parents genuinely think this and are baffled I haven't borrowed a million quid and bought as much property as I can get my hands on (and paid the 10k a month in mortgage fees)

You're crazy not to, at 10% rental yield you'll be pocketing a tidy £585,000 a month.

Ferris

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 05, 2020, 03:00:29 PM
You're crazy not to, at 10% rental yield you'll be pocketing a tidy £585,000 a month.

I've been a fool!

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: icehaven on February 05, 2020, 12:48:36 AM
More about the glories of communal living.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-51374360

I didn't even know using old office blocks as hostels was a thing, never mind that you could commit suicide in one and no one would find you for a month.

cask strength deso there. every word made to make you sad

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 05, 2020, 03:11:53 PM
cask strength deso there. every word made to make you sad

Quote"He'd been there for five or six weeks. It was decomposed."

Management at the building were concerned with getting the room cleaned and letting it out to a new tenant, Tania said.

Someone's head is going to roll for missing out on that rent.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Neomod on February 05, 2020, 12:50:25 PM
There's always a 'tiny house'

If it's on wheels it don't need no planning permission (In the states)[nb]I heard and am too lazy to check[/nb].

Mostly just rules about where you are allowed to park it and then you may not be allowed to live in it. Mostly ok in very rural locations if you have approved means of dealing with the shits and pisses.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dex Sawash on February 05, 2020, 11:53:41 PM
Mostly ok in very rural locations if you have approved means of dealing with the shits and pisses.

i just need a tyre and a shovel.

Rizla

Well just look at Rizla, first time buyer at 43. Just got the keys today. Me and the good lady applied and were accepted for this Scottish Government LIFT scheme caper. They give you the deposit and sort out your mortgage, then they own a % of the property which you can buy back at a later date. We managed to find a dirt-cheap flat in our preferred area (Leith), against all the odds - in fact the owner accepted 10k less than the fixed price (as that's all the scheme would stretch to), which I still can't quite believe. In fact it was the first place we viewed, and all I've had to do is go to a couple of meetings with the solicitors and sign some shit, now I own a flat which I never thought would happen. All quite surreal tbh.

Of course it needs a ton of work, new kitchen, bathroom, so I'll be getting stuck in to some bigtime DIY bullshit over the next few weeks, ripping out fireplaces and other fun stuff. But I'm looking forward to not paying some other cunt's mortgage for a change. Meanwhile we have a newborn arriving on monday. Wish me luck, CaB!

(Goes without saying I'm expecting murderous nonce neighbours, black ooze from plugholes, victorian child's laughter echoing down hall, portal to hell in coal cellar etc).

Thomas

Quote from: Rizla on February 21, 2020, 06:26:19 PM
Meanwhile we have a newborn arriving on monday.

Hope you updated the address so it comes directly to the new flat. Congrats, Rizla!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteMeanwhile we have a newborn arriving on monday

What one are we on now.

Identity, Supremacy.... Usury?

Ferris

Quote from: Rizla on February 21, 2020, 06:26:19 PM
Well just look at Rizla, first time buyer at 43. Just got the keys today. Me and the good lady applied and were accepted for this Scottish Government LIFT scheme caper. They give you the deposit and sort out your mortgage, then they own a % of the property which you can buy back at a later date. We managed to find a dirt-cheap flat in our preferred area (Leith), against all the odds - in fact the owner accepted 10k less than the fixed price (as that's all the scheme would stretch to), which I still can't quite believe. In fact it was the first place we viewed, and all I've had to do is go to a couple of meetings with the solicitors and sign some shit, now I own a flat which I never thought would happen. All quite surreal tbh.

Of course it needs a ton of work, new kitchen, bathroom, so I'll be getting stuck in to some bigtime DIY bullshit over the next few weeks, ripping out fireplaces and other fun stuff. But I'm looking forward to not paying some other cunt's mortgage for a change. Meanwhile we have a newborn arriving on monday. Wish me luck, CaB!

(Goes without saying I'm expecting murderous nonce neighbours, black ooze from plugholes, victorian child's laughter echoing down hall, portal to hell in coal cellar etc).

Nice one!

The sprog will absolutely monster you so you can put your thoughts of DIY to one side for 3 or 4 years.

Rizla

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 21, 2020, 07:37:03 PM
The sprog will absolutely monster you so you can put your thoughts of DIY to one side for 3 or 4 years.

This is my fourth one, I got this shit on lockdown at this point.

Icehaven

Quote from: Rizla on February 21, 2020, 07:52:27 PM

Someone on CaB has 4 kids? Are you unprecedented?

Ferris

Quote from: Rizla on February 21, 2020, 07:52:27 PM

Mazel tov!