Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:59:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC - even the lite-shite is gurgling down the drain

Started by BlodwynPig, February 03, 2020, 06:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Don't go there anymore, so sorry for posting a link, but this pap made me grin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51360192

QuoteHosts Dan Walker and Louise Minchin asked the singer about the grief he felt over their loss.

QuoteReplying to Tomlinson directly on Twitter, Walker wrote: "Sorry you feel like that. It was nice to speak to you on #BBCBreakfast this morning. Can I ask what you are upset about?"

QuoteTomlinson responded: "You fucking lanky grief hound questioning. The fact you are the beige man of breakfast time. Someone battered into irrelevance by your desperation to keep relevant. You weren't fucking relevant even at your peak on the beaches of Rio de Janeiro. Fucking accepting some strangers wedding invitation. You cunt ghoul.

I don't really know anything about Tomlinson or his band, but I do know that this:

QuoteNo intention to upset you or be 'gossipy' about it at all. That's not our style on #BBCBreakfast."

is blatantly untrue. I've seen the show.

idunnosomename

the one direction that guy's music should be going is towards the bin!!!!!!!!!!!

chveik

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on February 03, 2020, 06:51:24 PM
why are you doing this to yourself Blodwyn

A few moments of warmth as I stoke the dying embers of a once gluttonous fire

imitationleather

Quote from: chveik on February 03, 2020, 06:51:24 PM
why are you doing this to yourself Blodwyn

Indeed. Why even read about this stuff? Why are you curious about it?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on February 03, 2020, 07:08:47 PM
Indeed. Why even read about this stuff? Why are you curious about it?

I'm indignant. INDIGNANT I TELL YOU. I HELD THEIR LIVES IN MY HAND AND I LET THEM SLIP THROUGH....

NEVER

N E V E R

A G AINNNNNNNNNNNN

idunnosomename

glad to see BBC news there holding the BBC to account

Sebastian Cobb

I don't know who any of these people are. If you've got time to watch the telly in the morning you got out of bed too early.

Jockice

I've just realised that I follow Louis (but no other member of One Direction) on Twitter. I haven't the slightest idea why or how it happened. I mean he's from Doncaster, my least favourite place in the whole wide world. And I usually have BBC Breakfast on in the background but didn't wake up until it had finished this morning.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The real truth is both sides got together and confected this (probably while in a sort of cupboard) as a ruse for attention and relevance.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 03, 2020, 07:34:13 PM
The real truth is both sides got together and confected this (probably while in a sort of cupboard) as a ruse for attention and relevance.

With or without doors

No ?, its a statement

bgmnts

Oh and genuinely side with the BBC on this.

QuoteI'm lucky enough to have a commercial outlet for me to profit from my grief this doesn't however give you the right to talk about it for gossip purposes

shiftwork2

Never heard of anyone involved in this.  Alright cheers

weekender

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

QuoteTomlinson responded: "You fucking lanky grief hound questioning.

He means robot grief dog.

Twitter, my arse!

Sorry, wrong Tomlinson.  Honestly thought that Ricky Tomlinson was going mental on Twitter.  I don't know who this lad is.  I can't imagine it would be pleasant being asked about a dead mother on telly, though in fairness making a song about her & your grief is a pretty public forum too.  All involved seem to have placed themselves on the cuntitude scale.

BlodwynPig

I've taken to browsing the television schedules archives from 1965-1983 for RESPITE

There's an old, probably apocryphal story about an actor's agent jockeying to get his client the best billing on a film. The actor wasn't the star but maybe he could be billed as "WITH [name]" or "AND [name]" or "INTRODUCING [name]".
The producer eventually said that if the agent didn't fuck off, the credit would be "BUT [name]."

I think the 'but' is a valuable tool and could be usefully used here, as
QuoteTomlinson is currently promoting Walls, his first solo album, but will perform in his home town of Doncaster later.