Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:09:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Election Hustings:What Do They Know? Do They Know Things? Let's Find Out!

Started by NoSleep, February 04, 2020, 06:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Well, it got shared enthusiastically in a group chat on whatsapp, with the person in question saying 'Yes, my Prime Minister'. When pressed on what it was he'd actually done, said person reckoned it was just 'been nice to jews'.

This person was enthusiastic about TINGE, though. So could be a vote winner!

Armin Meiwes

Haha of COURSE it was going to be this simple, the whole crisis was predicated on the inherent "fact" that Corbyn and those around him were anti semitic and if you believe that to be a fact there was never anything he could do to rid the labour party of anti semitism other than by resigning. Keir Starmer is not considered to be inherently anti semitic and therefore although there will be the occasional grumblings about why didn't he "do more" about Corbyn the whole thing was "solved" the second he took over and will now return to being about as much interest to anyone as islamaphobia in the Tory party. As HC said kind of mental that they didn't even bother to pretend there was anything more to it than that but I guess not so surprising.

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on April 07, 2020, 12:08:18 PM
I see Starmer's new Director of Communications is Ben Nunn, who as far as I can see plays as a right-back for Billericay Town. Odd choice, but we'll see!
LOLZ
He'll change to left-back now.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cuellar on April 07, 2020, 11:36:26 AM
Glad antisemitism isn't a problem anymore

Quote from: Board of Deputies president Marie van der Zyl, JLC chair Jonathan Goldstein, CST chair Gerald Ronson and JLM chair Mike KatzWhile we would have fully understood the need to focus entirely on coronavirus at this time, Keir Starmer has already achieved in four days more than his predecessor in four years in addressing antisemitism within the Labour party.

"Oh, that was easy," says Starmer, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

king_tubby

imitationleather

Christ. My eyes. That makes Ben Garrison's cartoons look competently drawn.

king_tubby

jobotic

Rachel Riley John Mann Tracey Ann Margaret Hodge are gonna not say a fucking word do their nuts when they see this.

olliebean

Quote from: Cuellar on April 07, 2020, 02:25:11 PM
Well, it got shared enthusiastically in a group chat on whatsapp, with the person in question saying 'Yes, my Prime Minister'. When pressed on what it was he'd actually done, said person reckoned it was just 'been nice to jews'.

This person was enthusiastic about TINGE, though. So could be a vote winner!

The important thing, though, compared to Corbyn, is that he's been nice to the right kind of Jews.

king_tubby

Quote from: olliebean on April 07, 2020, 08:25:57 PM
The important thing, though, compared to Corbyn, is that he's been nice to the right kind of Jews.

The hook nosed ones eating bacon sandwiches dripping with blood, right George Osborne?

idunnosomename

that caricature of kier is shite, and i think kier looks like a burnt lump of beige

Buelligan

That's absolutely astounding.  I can't believe anyone could publish something like that.  It's just incredible.

BlodwynPig

according to Tysky via a Private Eye source, one of Keir's donors was also a Change UK donor

honeychile

If i was gonna satirise the ANTI-SEMITISM CRISIS in the Labour party, the last 24 hours would be roughly what i'd have come up with.

idunnosomename

funny how the shittiest arch-centrists have greyscale twitter avs. because they are beige dickheads who abhor progress

also perhaps because they are old and ugly

honeychile

Since antisemitism has now been defeated, it occurs to me to mention something i stumbled across a few weeks ago. While looking up some family history i came across a book about zionism which features an introduction from Max Nordau, one of the most prominent zionists of the pre-Israel era and in fact all of history. I mention it only because during Corbyn's tenure it's the sort of stuff which was so easily caricatured as DENYING THE JEWISH PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO THE SAME SELF-DETERMINATION AS ALL OTHER PEOPLES (yet ironically at the same time it also lances the notion that all zionism was innately anti-palestinian):

Quote from: Max NordauZionism has not the ambition of founding an independent Jewish State, be it a kingdom or a republic. All it desires is that its adherents should be allowed to immigrate without any restraint into Palestine, to buy there as much land as they can obtain for their money, to enjoy autonomy of local administration, and not to be hampered in their earnest efforts to create culture and prosperity. It goes without saying that Zionistic Jews pledge themselves to observe the most scrupulous, most generous loyalty towards the Power under whose sovereignty Palestine is placed.

BlodwynPig

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: honeychile on April 07, 2020, 10:16:50 PM
Since antisemitism has now been defeated, it occurs to me to mention something i stumbled across a few weeks ago. While looking up some family history i came across a book about zionism which features an introduction from Max Nordau, one of the most prominent zionists of the pre-Israel era and in fact all of history. I mention it only because during Corbyn's tenure it's the sort of stuff which was so easily caricatured as DENYING THE JEWISH PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO THE SAME SELF-DETERMINATION AS ALL OTHER PEOPLES (yet ironically at the same time it also lances the notion that all zionism was innately anti-palestinian):

A fan of eugenics but not degenerate art - interesting chap!

chveik

it's fucked up that the first thing they have to deal with is the antisemitism stuff. they don't have to be enslaved by journalists.

Replies From View

Certainly sir, just hold the line please.

Dealing with antisemitism now sir, please wait...  *rattles pencil against microphone*

Are you still there?  Please wait sir we are doing as you requested; please hold...

*rattles pencil against microphone*

Armin Meiwes

Lovely bunch of lads the CAA, same people who had noted far right islamaphobe Colonel Richard Kemp as one of their patrons until December of last year (when they shat themselves that accusing people of racism whilst condoning racism wasn't a great look so got rid).

Paul Calf

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 08, 2020, 01:24:43 PM
CHILLING.

https://antisemitism.uk/caa-statement-on-new-labour-leader-disciplining-jeremy-corbyn-is-your-litmus-test/?fbclid=IwAR1AG61MsFh_WxnX9cKmj0LedFfVH0JuHf5UgpcHVxMrtYK-UdC3sZ7JapM

QuoteOur review of the records of all Parliamentary candidates in the recent General Election showed not only that Mr Corbyn was himself responsible for a breathtaking fifteen percent of all incidents involving antisemitism, but that Labour's candidates accounted for a breathtaking 82 percent of all of the incidents across all parties.

What?

QuoteThis problem is not confined to the House of Commons: one post-election poll showed that nearly three quarters of Labour members said that the issue of antisemitism in the Party was "invented or wildly exaggerated", with that denial rising to over 90% among members of the pro-Corbyn Momentum group. Only one in five Labour members agreed that "antisemitism was a real problem" in Labour.

Witch trial.

EOLAN