Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:14:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Election Hustings:What Do They Know? Do They Know Things? Let's Find Out!

Started by NoSleep, February 04, 2020, 06:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on February 26, 2020, 02:08:48 PM
But what does he mean about the logo?

Actually, I see the arm of a mostly submerged swimmer doing front crawl.

Cuellar

olliebean

Peston possibly doesn't realise how apposite he's being when he describes it as a "political Rorschach test." The whole point of a Rorschach test is the images have no intrinsic meaning; the meaning ascribed springs entirely from one's own ideas and prejudices. Which describes perfectly how Peston has arrived at whatever vaguely sinister meaning he is insinuating he sees when he looks at it.

Buelligan

Has he actually said what he sees though?  That's the most sinister bit of it.  I wish I was on twitter and could push him to elaborate, these kinds of in-group sly insinuations are really very distasteful.

I see Mike's moustache.

Zetetic

I see a dramatic contemporary twist on the traditional flag imagery associated with unions.

(Much like Unison's logo, but even worse.)

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: olliebean on February 25, 2020, 07:53:38 PM
So has everyone who's a Labour member received a monochrome poster of Keir Starmer stating "Integrity, Authority, Unity"? The impression that gives me is that he thinks he can impose unity on the party through authoritarian means, and honestly believes that's the right thing to do.

Scottish viewers also receive a similar poster of Matt Kerr which was much more harrowing, if you don't have a neck or chin: don't send posters out to remind people.

idunnosomename

keir starmer had sent me that letter with a big fold out poster of him for me to cum on

hmm wonder who the establishment choice is hmm hmm chinny chinny chin chin chiroo

kittens

has anyone received their ballot yet. at what point do i assume i will not be receiving one

kittens

Daniel

Quote from: kittens on February 26, 2020, 08:22:41 PM
has anyone received their ballot yet. at what point do i assume i will not be receiving one

I haven't had mine either but did have an email saying they'd be coming out over the course of the week and reissue requests would open on Monday 2nd if you haven't received it by then.

Pink Gregory

kittens

Zetetic

Continuing my descent, trying to get Welsh EC candidates to explain their position on holding MPs and AMs accountable for pre-election pledges, without success.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: kittens on February 26, 2020, 09:04:33 PM
you vote for two in that one. who is the other one please greg.

I've been trying to get an answer to this too. Do I trust Momentum or Sqwawkbox?

pancreas

Sqwawkbox.

Reduce Lansman's control if possible.

I voted Jo Bird and Trish Williams.

Kelvin

Keep an eye on your junk mail. I've received 17,000 Labour emails about the leadership election, but the only one that went to my junkmail was the fucking ballot. 

NoSleep

Pie Pie Eater

I went Townsend and Bird for NEC, hoping to maximise the chance of two left-wingers being selected.

ajsmith2

Meanwhile, Labour Leader 2020 Corbyn DESTROY Johnson yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh8tv-cmcKs

Getting a few valedictory punches in.

Paul Calf

The Tories are just hanging on until they can get a tame pet into the Oppo Leader's office. They know they haven't got much longer to tough out these nasty plebs with their questioning, insolent mouths.

Blinder Data

Sky News reports that Starmer will win in the first round. If that turns out to be the case, it's a convincing win. Interesting that he wins among all groups, apart from Brexit voters who plump for RLB.

I hope anyone who's been going round talking about the possibility of Starmer's victory as the end of all hope put up or shut up. Time will tell whether he means what he says, but being a wrecker from day one like the Blairites have been over the last five years helps nobody.

Televised debate in Dewsbury today. It could get tasty - I expect Starmer to get lumps taken out of him.

NoSleep

I think that poll could be widely out. I can't believe that 47% of the people who joined since 2015 are swayed to Starmer; I'd have to question YouGov's sample (1323 eligible voters).

They also reckon that 100,000 people (mostly Starmer supporters) have joined since December 2019 but the total members is still set at only 580,000.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Pie Pie Eater on February 27, 2020, 08:33:10 AM
I went Townsend and Bird for NEC, hoping to maximise the chance of two left-wingers being selected.

Thanks. How does that maximise the chance of two left-wingers being selected? Are the other two not left-wingers?

NoSleep

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on February 27, 2020, 02:13:00 PM
Those two are going to be more likely to gain votes.

I guess there's more than four, then. I've only seen discussion of the two backed by Momentum and the two backed by the other lot.

Thursday

Don't know what I'm doing with the NEC candidates, is there a CaB CONSENSUS on this?