Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:55:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

7th Annual 'On Cinema' Oscar Special

Started by Puce Moment, February 04, 2020, 05:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2020/02/on-cinema-oscar-special.html

This will, as always, be streaming on Adult Swim. It's become an annual ritual for me to watch the Oscars and the On Cinema Special in tandem.

Some people might find the format samey and repetive but I love the entire premise, and just love to see Proksch in this comedy world.

#oscarfever2020

Dusty Substance

It's Christmastime for Tinseltown, the Academy Awards!

So very much looking forward to this. I can't remember the last time I actually gave a hoot about the winners and losers at the Oscars, but this has been a treat year after year.

In case you've not seen it, this compilation of corpsing and character breaking moments from the On Cinema At The Cinema Oscar Specials is fast becoming the go to video to cheer me up if I'm ever feeling down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUE5_Mnelwc  - Although, it doesn't feature perhaps my favourite corpsing from the 2015 special when Tim talked about being "attacked by Charlie Hebdo".

Captain Z

Oscer was probably in the bottom three of things I cared about in this world before On Cinema came along. I was seriously considering staying up to watch it live on Sunday, but typically have now got a visitor to meet at work on the Monday. Might still do it anyway.

BlodwynPig

First live one i'll be able to see after ploughing through On Cinema universe the last months and being up to date. Thanks QDRPHNC and Nags

Noodle Lizard

Can anyone catch me up on where they are at the moment? I don't think I kept up much after Mister America. I'm assuming Gregg and Tim are on bad terms, as usual, and I think Mark was still in a coma last I checked. Anything else major that'll set the scene for this Oscer?

BlodwynPig

Mark is out of coma since last oscars special when he did a Davro

I only need to watch seasons 4 onwards of Decker and Mister America to be mostly complete (bar the podcast/telethon stuff). Whaleman?

Noodle Lizard

Shows how out of it I am - I thought Mark was still in a coma even after he did the Davro, and then there was some business about Gregg defrauding the health insurance or something in the last season. Can't remember Mark being in Mister America much or at all.

weaseldust

mark was woken up from the first coma during the last oscar special (which happened after mister america chronologically) - he was in a few series 11 episodes

this series mark was arrested for selling those bootleg tapes with gregg and then he was beaten up in prison, causing him to fall into a second coma.

then at some point the charges were dropped and he woke up from the coma and left the hospital, but now he is missing and gregg has been searching the streets for him.

i think some of that stuff might have only been revealed on twitter

BlodwynPig

Quote from: weaseldust on February 05, 2020, 08:58:00 AM
mark was woken up from the first coma during last year%u2019s oscar special (which happened after mister america chronologically) - he was in a few series 11 episodes

this series mark was arrested for selling those bootleg tapes with gregg and then he was beaten up in prison, causing him to fall into a second coma.

then at some point the charges were dropped and he woke up from the coma and left the hospital, but now he is missing and gregg has been searching the streets for him.

i think some of that stuff might have only been revealed on twitter

I think the end of last season had Mark in the second coma, that's right. The Mark Missing must have been on twitter as I don't use that platform.

Can imagine some fucked up shit coming Gregg/Tim's way now with renegade Mark looking for revenge.

Captain Z

Mark missing was in the Oscar Special telethon: Tim was in the studio and Greg called in a couple of times from the streets where he was out looking for Mark.

BritishHobo

Can the Adult Swim stream be watched in the UK? If not, are there any alternative places to watch it live?

BlodwynPig

chveik

for once it'll be worth it to fuck my sleeping pattern

Puce Moment

No work for me tomorrow so it is going to be a night of edibles, on cinema and somehow streaming the actual oscars ceremony.

If anyone knows of a good place to watch the oscars being streamed I would appreciate it!

EDIT: Signed up for NOWTV for a week.

iamcoop

Fucking hell I love live Oscar. I hope they do this forever.

selectivememory

Can't wait to see what Gregg's big showpiece finale is this year.

QDRPHNC

bgmnts

Quote from: selectivememory on February 10, 2020, 12:59:16 AM
Can't wait to see what Gregg's big showpiece finale is this year.

A huge vegan sausage roll.

QDRPHNC

Ooh high brow

What's up with Tim's suit.

selectivememory

Haha, fucking hell, Gregg's entrance is amazing.

chveik

QDRPHNC

Gregg as Joker: this is a preview of next year's 40th anniversary of Arthur.

mbedd

is it 3 frames out of sync or is it just me

QDRPHNC

It's very very very slightly out of sync.

mbedd

cheers, can't trust my setup at the moment

Puce Moment

I'm also streaming the actual Oscars but I can see that the adult swim stream is a teensy bit oos

selectivememory

The Joker makeup is making Gregg look about 25% more smug when he drops another movie fact.

QDRPHNC