Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:45:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

7th Annual 'On Cinema' Oscar Special

Started by Puce Moment, February 04, 2020, 05:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

I rewatched it last night. Think they were going for a very deliberate tone this time instead of the usual collapse into a drunken free-for-all. Anyway, a few things I noticed watching it again:

After they said "I do", Toni mentions about how they'll have to get a new prenup. But I don't think you can get a prenup after the wedding is done. Was this big surprise and Tim taking Toni's name a way of rushing her into a new marriage with no prenup so Tim can get his hands on her money? He's done much worse.

Maybe I'm wrong, but at one point I heard Toni mutter something about how some other name (not Newman) is her maiden name. Meaning Tim has taken the name of her ex-husband, not hers.

At the end when they're all under the influence of Greg's car, Tim puts his head up and looks at the camera before putting it down again.

selectivememory

I loved what I watched on the night - the first hour or so with Gregg as the Joker setting up his inane segments and blathering away about Arthur - but the rest of it didn't quite live up to what I was hoping for. The pay-off at the end though was good though, and the extreme awkwardness and inappropriateness of the wedding was pretty funny, especially with Tim basically admitting that he'd still rather be with Ayaka. Toni is a good addition to the On Cinema family.

I'm usually a bit of a Tim Heidecker apologist, as he has taken a bit of stick from some people here in recent years (and I thought he was superb in Mister America), but I do think he was a bit much with the rage this year. Didn't really feel warranted, and I think it would have been funnier if he'd been a bit more low-key cunty with it.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 16, 2020, 10:33:28 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but at one point I heard Toni mutter something about how some other name (not Newman) is her maiden name. Meaning Tim has taken the name of her ex-husband, not hers.

Yeah, that's right.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 16, 2020, 10:33:28 PM

At the end when they're all under the influence of Greg's car, Tim puts his head up and looks at the camera before putting it down again.

Yes, I noticed that - I felt that whole scene was too choreographed - "Positions!".

Duckula

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 17, 2020, 08:13:04 AM
Yes, I noticed that - I felt that whole scene was too choreographed - "Positions!".

I mean it wasn't real mate, they didn't really inhale car fumes.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 17, 2020, 08:13:04 AM

Watching it the second time I definitely noticed this, first time I was too investing in what was going to happen to notice.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Duckula on February 17, 2020, 07:44:24 PM
I mean it wasn't real mate, they didn't really inhale car fumes.

Im fully invested in this universe

Captain Z

An interesting battle between Wahquam,- Weequam,- Eequam Phillips and, from Fast and Furious, Adam Driver...

Bazooka

Can always rely on AXIOM.

I thought this Oscars was much better than the last, felt it had a more fluid structure.  The highlight was Greg talking about all the Arthurs to the actress from the remake.

BlodwynPig

I thought that is Ed Sheerhan post botox?

Is Tim suffering brain damage? His statement littered with typos

Petey Pate

wooders1978

Quote from: Chollis on February 16, 2020, 10:30:28 PM
Also not enough jarring images of this chap

I found out he's from my hometown the other day so feeling very connected to the on cinema universe

QDRPHNC

I love that Gregg is trying to make #theJokerStrikesAgain happen.

Petey Pate

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 10, 2020, 11:28:44 AM
Seems a bit naff to say this (and it's obviously nothing to do with Tim or On Cinema) but it's disheartening to see that Tim's opinions about Parasite demonstrating that foreigners are infecting the US have plenty of unironic proponents on Twitter.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/video/2020/feb/21/httpsviewergutoolscoukpreviewfilmvideo2020feb21donald-trump-mocks-oscar-parasite-hell-brad-pitt-video

Chollis

fiiiiiiiiiiiill me uuuuuuuuuuup again
r-r-r-roy larue

famethrowa

badaids

Gregg's bit entrance as the Jokester had me crying with laughter.  No idea how Tim managed to keep it to the level of corpsing he did.

Enzo

I'm a newcomer to this universe having only watched the trial of Tim Heidecker previously.

I thought this was utterly sublime, so much to enjoy.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Bazooka on February 25, 2020, 09:36:05 PM

I don't know how I forgot to mention that, as for me it was the highlight of the episode. Thank you for reminding me!

Bazooka

momatt

This was amazing!
I sort of saw the ending coming, but didn't think it would be as severe as it was.  So many things to talk about.  Gregg is just such a ridiculous character.
I was trying to explain this show to my girlfriend the other day and gave up before I even started.  I think she's like it, but my description would just sound shit.

I also thought that the marriage was an elaborate scam to avoid the pre-nup.  Great that Tim's taken the ex-husband's name.
Hope the pastor is coming back at some point, would an affair with Tim be too obvious?  It'd be pretty funny.