Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Could Morris have sold that tape of Coogan as Kinnock?

Started by magval, February 04, 2020, 09:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magval

Know that series of calls in On The Hour where he's negotiating the sale and scuppers it at the end by asking for a framed picture of the editor? ("BYE BYE!")

Given the quality of the tape, the quality of the impression, and the way news was done in general in the 1990s: could Morris have legitimately sold that story to that paper (the Mail, I think)?

Mister Six

He could have, but he'd end up with a libel lawsuit fired up his arsehole the next day. And possibly a fraud case to boot.

Captain Z

It's a good impression but I don't think it would have taken someone long to work out it was Coogan, particularly as he was working on Spitting Image at the time. And that would have dropped him right in it.

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: magval on February 04, 2020, 09:22:38 PM
Know that series of calls in On The Hour where he's negotiating the sale and scuppers it at the end by asking for a framed picture of the editor? ("BYE BYE!")

To be fair, the Sun reporter didn't seem to figure out the gag until CM deliberately started overegging the details ("Forget Paddy Pantsdown, I'm Neil Kingcock!"). They seemed quite willing to put a photo of their editor in a heart-shaped frame. Makes you think, dunnit?

Thomas

Who tipped off Piers Morgan about the fake Bono exclusive? He seemed pretty taken in by it by the end of the call.