Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:00:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Which ex-Radio One DJ recently wrote this?

Started by Annie Labuntur, February 04, 2020, 10:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Classic sapper chat.

Might have marmite for brekkers.

Love it when the rich and powerful say that there's more to life than money and power. Give it all away then. What's that? You don't want to? Yeah, funny that.

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on February 04, 2020, 10:57:04 PM
There is no such thing as wrong or right, or good or evil, it is purely thinking that makes it so.

We say, 'I am not myself today,' but we never say, 'Myself is not my I today'.

For Moses said to God, 'Who are you?' And God replied, 'I am that I am'.

Manifestation is the art of making what you want to happen, happen. It is a real superpower available to all of us. Manifestation sounds bonkers, but it's not at all.

'I think, therefore I am,' chirrupped Descartes, way back in 1637. Except he hadn't quite 'thought' enough. I reckon his thinking quote was a bit off. Actually I'm being kind; he couldn't have been more wrong. 'I am, therefore I think,' is what he should have said.

Can't give +25 karma for a correct answer, so you'll have to settle for Eternal Enlightenment.

Noel Edmunds. or I'm the Queen of Sheba.

poodlefaker

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 05, 2020, 07:02:32 AM
Love it when the rich and powerful say that there's more to life than money and power. Give it all away then. What's that? You don't want to? Yeah, funny that.

Innit; three quarters of his hints for a happy life rely on being very rich indeed and having no real job. Try getting y'self tested for three differnet types of cancer every three years on the NHS mate.

paruses

Dismissing Descartes as someone who chirrups is what upset me most about this.

shiftwork2

I'm not taking spiritual instruction from Chris Evans.  Ed Stewart or gtfo.

gilbertharding

Quote from: paruses on February 04, 2020, 11:08:38 PM
Simon Bates then - he's pompous enough.

I'm not having that.

Have a look at Simon Bates' twitter, for a start. I mean, if you adjust for the fact it's SIMON FUCKING BATES, he's virtually Karl Marx.

non capisco

A sign of those times that the DJ who proposed 'National Banging Day' is one of the few whose reputation isn't in shreds.

jobotic

QuoteThis is why lots of rich people end up deeply unhappy and eventually very angry. They sacrifice the first half of their lives gathering fortunes they don't need and can never spend, and then the second half guarding their spoils from equally "lost" predators trying to take it from them. What a load of old nonsense. And so bloody exhausting and futile.

and that's why a spunk a small part of mine on spiritual supercars. I mean you can't take it with you, right? Namaste.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on February 04, 2020, 10:57:04 PM
For Moses said to God, 'Who are you?' And God replied, 'I am that I am'.

Erm, think you'll find that was Popeye mate.

poodlefaker

Gloria Gaynor mate. Any disc "jockey" worth his salt should know this.

paruses

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 05, 2020, 10:44:33 AM
I'm not having that.

Have a look at Simon Bates' twitter, for a start. I mean, if you adjust for the fact it's SIMON FUCKING BATES, he's virtually Karl Marx.

Do I have to go on Twitter? Can't I just take your word for it?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Harry Badger on February 05, 2020, 09:41:30 AM
Tony Blackburn is my guru.

Statistically, given the demographics of this country that's going to be a lot harder on minorities than anyone else.

gilbertharding

At least it would only be one day. A busy day, sure, but only 24 hours.

ProvanFan

He who is wise never forgets his toothbrush

chveik

why doesn't he use his inner spice girl light to see if he has cancer or not?

thenoise

Quotei tried reading books instead

He should have gone into a proper book shop not just the one at the airport.

Rolf Lundgren

Shouldn't Tony Blackburn's idea be called International Banging Day?

Chris Evans is really insufferable. A smug arsehole telling you why you should be like him.

Ray Travez

when a rich man speaks of walking the spiritual path, it is like a man boasting of having caught the wind in a golden bucket

ahhhh

buttgammon

This stuff is obnoxious whoever is spouting it. Coming from Chris Evans only makes things worse. And what the fuck is a zapper anyway?

thenoise

Every one of these 'successful' routines suggests waking up earlier than the last. 3.30 in the morning ffs. What the hell does Chris Evans do for the next four hours before it's the actual morning time and time to get up. For most of the year he goes to sleep when it is still light and wakes up when it is still dark. That is degenerate.

Annie Labuntur

Quote from: thenoise on February 05, 2020, 09:34:18 PM
Every one of these 'successful' routines suggests waking up earlier than the last. 3.30 in the morning ffs. What the hell does Chris Evans do for the next four hours before it's the actual morning time and time to get up. For most of the year he goes to sleep when it is still light and wakes up when it is still dark. That is degenerate.

His radio show starts at 6.30am, so that's just one example of his advice that's no help to almost everyone else.

poo

Twit 2

It's always the wrong books when these twats pipe up. They should just read Aurelius's Meditations until they understand it, then maybe be allowed to read something else. But, oh no, it's dozens of variants on How to Declutter Your Cunt, that's where the wisdom is hidden.

bgmnts

Quote from: Twit 2 on February 05, 2020, 11:00:48 PM
It's always the wrong books when these twats pipe up. They should just read Aurelius's Meditations until they understand it, then maybe be allowed to read something else. But, oh no, it's dozens of variants on How to Declutter Your Cunt, that's where the wisdom is hidden.

Every weird cunt bangs on about Meditations. What about Confucius or Plato or whoeverthefuck? Always Aurelius.

Twit 2

bgmnts

I have the Penguin edition somewhere. Better get reading and learn how to live my life all stoic and shit.