Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,475
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:37:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ClickHole Bought by Cards Against Humanity

Started by Blumf, February 05, 2020, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriddof

My favourite ClickHole thing was this article about Walt Disney:

Disney Fans Rejoice! Newly Discovered Letters From Walt Disney Reveal That Donald Duck Lays His Own Eggs And Then Eats Them

Walt's gradual development of the grotesque "lore" surrounding this is marvellous.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: ajsmith2 on February 05, 2020, 04:27:55 PM
When I've played CAH I've tried to game it so the combinations are the most innocuous and inoffensive ones possible. It's a more challenging game that way, as well as being nicer. It becomes this ultimately impossible but nobly heroic struggle to try to make some good out of the relentlessly downbeat and shitty world (or 'cards ' if you will) you've been handed. Which, if you think about it, is reflective of all our best intentioned struggles in real life itself.

I%u2019m into this. I was playing one of those Jackbox console party games with friends once, where you have to fill in the blank and your mates vote on the funniest answer. The one I got was, complete this title:  %u201CThe Old Man and the _____%u201D. Other people wrote shit like %u201CCUM%u201D or %u201CJews%u201D. I wrote %u201Cold man%u201D. It got the biggest laugh of the round, and I can also confirm that I was fellated by everyone in the room and they all unanimously agreed that Clickhole was not very good. While me penis was in their mouths.

alan nagsworth

Oh my god I keep forgetting my fucking phone browser does this to any post I edit.

madhair60

Fair play to Nagsworth, that is quite funny. I laughed and I will probably nick that.

bgmnts

I've only played Cards Against Humanity twice but I only ever witnessed one or two crackers. It's usually Monkey Cum or AIDS or Bowel Cancer or something stupid like that.

Blue Jam

I might try and crowdfund a game called "CaB Against Humanity". It will consist of one set of cards featuring different edgy Ricky Gervais jokes, and another featuring random posts from CaB as better punchlines.

dissolute ocelot

The original Buzzfeed article about the sale seems slightly pissy, a bit "You started out parodying us and now we're one of the internet's top news sources". Sorry mate, but you're writing about the ownership of Clickhole, you are unlikely to win a Pulitzer.

idunnosomename

lmao

QuoteAs for the sale price, Etheridge said, "ClickHole was incredibly expensive because we are the only website in the world that has treasure. Our Treasure consists of gold, rubies, doubloons, diamonds, sapphires, and many other beautiful gems and precious metals. Nobody is allowed to touch our Treasure, but people are allowed to look at our Treasure. If you try to steal our Treasure, we will put a curse on you. Thank you for your cooperation. Long live ClickHole."

Picture of Katie Notopoulos
Katie Notopoulos is a senior reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Notopoulos writes about tech and internet culture and is cohost of the Internet Explorer podcast.