Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mass Effect Andromeda [split topic]

Started by Lost Oliver, February 05, 2020, 10:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: Thursday on February 07, 2020, 05:45:03 PM
I can't remember now, Cerberus weren't mentioned that much in the first Mass Effect were they? They're more of a side thing. And when you're introduced in 2, you kind of don't know a huge amount about them other than they're supposed to be bad, and people speak badly of them, but you get a few pragmatic people telling you they're not that bad. Then in 3 they're cartoon villains and any nuance is gone.

If you did the side mission they are doing really shit things like breeding thorian creepers and doing fucked up experiments and thats brought up a few times during the second game.

The only people who say Cerberus isn't bad is the Illusive Man, Miranda and Jacob. Although Illusive Man fucks with you twice during the game so they are shit.

H-O-W-L

I have honestly never played a ME game to completion but I've read a fair bit about them. I believe in ME1 they were meant to be so covert you wouldn't even know if your wife was a Cerberus agent, and then ME2 just has them wearing their pins openly.

Mister Six

Quote from: Pdine on February 06, 2020, 10:11:52 PM
The third one had the problem (for me) that it started with a catastrophic situation that you were urged to resolve as quickly as possible, then opened up into a 'choose your own path' open world in which - if you did hurry as it suggested - you'd miss most of what you'd paid for.

Wasn't there something in ME2 where if you dared do some side quests or something towards the end, the fit redhead got minced up, but if you skipped them she survived and gave you a sexy lapdance in the post-endgame section? Lot of really baffling decisions there.

ME2 was a mess, but for me its biggest sin was that it didn't really have a plot. Tying game progression to collecting your crew means that whoever you get towards the end is barely going to get a look-in. Made worse by them forcing you to get Legion last for technical reasons. Without the team assembly missions, the game itself is only about 15 minutes long. And most of that is listening to Joker being annoying.

Thursday

Quote from: Mister Six on February 08, 2020, 01:32:45 PM
Wasn't there something in ME2 where if you dared do some side quests or something towards the end, the fit redhead got minced up, but if you skipped them she survived and gave you a sexy lapdance in the post-endgame section? Lot of really baffling decisions there.

Aye yep.

I think there was a way to do ME2, where you could avoid doing the main quest mission where half the crew gets kidnapped and do all the side quests before then, so that way you could do everything and rescue the whole crew at the end (and get the "sexy" pole dance) But obviously you wouldn't know that first time through.

It does annoy me about ME2, it's more fun when there isn't a sense of urgency, and it feels like an episodic TV show, instead there's this weird conflict where it's trying to push you towards the main goal while also offering you a ton of side-stuff to explore. I mean obviously that's so many video games, but I feel like ME2 in particular would have really benefited from embracing the episodic feel.

beanheadmcginty

The best mission is where you record "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel" at all the stores in the Citadel. Can't remember which one that's in though.

Thursday

Quote from: Thursday on February 08, 2020, 01:44:53 PM
Aye yep.

I think there was a way to do ME2, where you could avoid doing the main quest mission where half the crew gets kidnapped and do all the side quests before then, so that way you could do everything and rescue the whole crew at the end (and get the "sexy" pole dance) But obviously you wouldn't know that first time through.

It does annoy me about ME2, it's more fun when there isn't a sense of urgency, and it feels like an episodic TV show, instead there's this weird conflict where it's trying to push you towards the main goal while also offering you a ton of side-stuff to explore. I mean obviously that's so many video games, but I feel like ME2 in particular would have really benefited from embracing the episodic feel.

There was also that thing where each crew member would come in conflict with someone else and you'd have to pick a side (or possibly have enough paragon points to pick one that satisfies them both, I can't remember if that could be an option) which could mean you'd have to carefully plan out to do somebody's loyalty mission after you've upset them to redeem things and make sure they survive the final mission.

I would shrug off stuff like that at the time, but they just seem really shit now.

Egyptian Feast

Lost Oliver

Played this for about half an hour and just cba with it. Gonna stick with it once I've completed RDR2 but the humour in his sucks balls. I just want a story. I don't want a laugh.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The writing in Andromeda is like some bad American film, yes. The trilogy is a lot better, and there's fewer cunty characters like Liam in there to annoy you.

Inspector Norse

Liam isn't a cunt. He's just weird. Like a focus group tried to come up with the missing link between furries and Legend Garys.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Inspector Norse

Chollis

might dust off 2 and 3 actually, never finished 3 but remember playing through 1 and 2 and absolutely loving them. loved giving everyone cunty replies and smashing all the birds helping shipmates out for purely altruistic reasons. can you get it on PC these days? i'm not lowering myself to a console any more