Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:49:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

gigantic millionaire cunt proposes putting homeless people in bins

Started by idunnosomename, February 05, 2020, 08:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 06, 2020, 08:39:25 AM
Yes. And a tent is significantly less degrading. They are widely used in Leeds. I think loads of kids leave them behind at festivals so they've started being handed to homeless charities and are often in OK condition.

'Oh but these bins are clean and sterilised'. Fucking great.

On our local Facebook group, a few people clubbed together and bought a tent and sleeping bag for a local homeless guy (someone offered to give him a room but he refused because he didn't want to impose on people). He was deliriously happy, posting updates regularly.

Within three days the police had taken away the tent and sleeping bag. In December.

I mean, you want to know about totalitarianism, you don't have to look far.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 05, 2020, 08:33:34 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/multimillionaire-invents-bin-pods-rough-21397084

Quote"I saw on the telly rough sleepers complaining they had been kicked and pissed upon," he explained.

"Lying on the street in a sleeping bag, you are very vulnerable."

Mr Dawe came up with the idea after building a prototype for a single person car, also from a bin.     

Good thing nobody could piss through the gap between the 2 bins.

Really want to know more about this revolutionary bin car.

Shit Good Nose

Haven't looked too deeply into the story, but are these just normal sized domestic refuse bins painted red?  If so, that means they're not long enough, so either your head is going to be sticking out (as in the pic top of thread), or your feet are.

So I propose longer bins for everyone - you can sleep in them without having any bits of you sticking out AND, as a bonus, it would add those essential extra few inches to avoid the problem of not having quite enough room for that last bag of rubbish the night before the binmen come.

phantom_power

It is two bins stuck together lengthways, so no problems whatsoever

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on February 06, 2020, 01:05:47 PM
It is two bins stuck together lengthways, so no problems whatsoever

Unless you're portly, but I suspect being homeless might sort that out.

idunnosomename

If you have a dog, simply stick together two waste paper baskets for your canine companion

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 06, 2020, 01:34:59 PM
If you have a dog, simply stick together two waste paper baskets for your canine companion

Not too far from a cage crate.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 06, 2020, 01:41:28 PM
Not too far from a cage crate.

I feel guilty for saying it, but homeless crates always give much better meat than when they're allowed to roam around.

Non Stop Dancer

Imagine coming up with this as a solution. Just imagine it. What would it feel like, on a physical level, to inhabit that mind? Something close to being pissed I suppose, or on acid. Those are the only states of mind I've been in where you could come up with this and be convinced you've solved one of the world's big problem. "Lads, I've got it. I know it sounds over-simple, but get this: we should all move to Paris, like tomorrow. Mate it's so obvious it was just staring us in the face."

That kind of utter shit flight of fancy, basically, but he's stuck to his guns when everyone else has sobered up, and gone public with it. Should we feel contempt or pity?

Norton Canes

Where did he get red wheelie bins from anyway? I've never seen red wheelie bins. Seen black, grey, green, blue, maybe even yellow, never red. Are they colour-coded?

Black/grey: Household waste
Green: Recyclable garden waste
Red: Destitute scum

checkoutgirl

Quotesays the invention costs just £100

Ha!! Imagine modern British society spending £100 to help a homeless person. No chance. They might spend £100 to hurt a homeless person. Maybe if these bins gave an electric shock every 10 minutes so they couldn't sleep properly, I could see that being a goer.

Beagle 2

Where have they got this from at the end of that article?

QuoteBetween 2010 and 2018 the number of people sleeping on the streets rose by 165% across the UK to 4,677

I mean, the latest figures I can find say there's over 300,000 homeless and a good proportion of those must be on the streets at any one time. Unless they don't count the ones in bins.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 05, 2020, 09:22:27 PM
putting homeless people in bins

Have you seen the digs some homeless people live in? A bit of cardboard to lie on an a sleeping bag in a doorway. The bin would be an improvement.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Cerys on February 06, 2020, 07:54:33 AM
Has anybody asked an actual homeless person how they feel about the prospect of sleeping in something more waterproof than a cardboard box?

That's my point!!

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 06, 2020, 08:39:25 AM
Yes. And a tent is significantly less degrading.

Degrading to who? It might be cultural. A Japanese person would look at the double bin idea and ask how much it would be to rent for 4 hours before he catches his flight to Tokyo. Ask an Englishman and all of a sudden it's degrading.

imitationleather

Quote from: Beagle 2 on February 06, 2020, 02:17:32 PM

I mean, the latest figures I can find say there's over 300,000 homeless and a good proportion of those must be on the streets at any one time. Unless they don't count the ones in bins.

That will be counting people in temporary accommodation. There are not 300,000 people living on the streets. Imagine what that would look like! (Or if you can't imagine things, just look at a photo of Glastonbury.)

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 06, 2020, 09:55:59 AM
Building and properly funding more homeless shelters (and making sure they are all free to homeless people) properly funding mental health care and building more council houses. In the short term, helping elect a government that would do this.

Good ideas but that would probably require people not voting the Tories in which has happened what, 28 out of the last 41 years. With the reality being Conservative rule 75% of the time I think homeless bins are the choice of the electorate. What you need to do is cook up some bullshit problem, then make sure everyone is sick of it. Then propose that you will solve that bullshit problem and keep hammering away at the one pig ignorant bullshit message. You'll be beating off the votes in no time.

Fambo Number Mive

How would a homeless person fit two bins joined end to end in a shop doorway? They are likely to get wedged in there. They would get very hot in the summer as well.

Fambo Number Mive

I would imagine being inside a plastic box with little air would get very hot and stuffy after a while.

idunnosomename

Bet the looney left would want a playstation in there too!!!!! And a small child for them to abuse!!!!!!

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 06, 2020, 02:43:19 PM
I would imagine being inside a plastic box with little air would get very hot and stuffy after a while.

Especially if you're looking at the same websites as those Japanese businessmen.

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 06, 2020, 02:45:39 PM
Bet the looney left would want a playstation in there too!!!!! And a small child for them to abuse!!!!!!

Just like those Japanese businessman.

Stage 2 of his plan will come once he's got full governmental approval for his unique plastic tramp canister & unveils the specially modified howitzer he'll be using to fire them into the sea.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 06, 2020, 02:43:19 PM

Yeah, probably. You could put air holes in it. Actually, yeah, it's inhuman isn't it? No worse than the conditions many already live in though. It's a sign of a sick society. When the solution to homelessness is given as just stick them in a plastic tub. But that's the society you're in now. That's what people keep voting for for some reason. The electorate don't give a shit about the homeless. Not one solitary shit do they give. Fuck the homeless, fuck the poor, fuck it all, Boris Johnson, more of him please. Reality. This is actually happening.

imitationleather

I think we should cryogenically freeze the homeless until we live in an era where scientists have built more houses.