Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:15:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

gigantic millionaire cunt proposes putting homeless people in bins

Started by idunnosomename, February 05, 2020, 08:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: imitationleather on February 06, 2020, 02:52:31 PM
I think we should cryogenically freeze the homeless until we live in an era where scientists have built more houses.

Or an era where people give a shit about the homeless.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

The converted bin shelter is an emergency solution, providing better more durable shelter than a cardboard box, doorway, or nothing. The problem is that emergency solutions tend to become the only solution. Oh homeless charities can just buy these bins and give them out, what more do you want the government to do? Can't just give people houses, that's interfering with the economy.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: checkoutgirl on February 06, 2020, 02:51:19 PM
Yeah, probably. You could put air holes in it. Actually, yeah, it's inhuman isn't it? No worse than the conditions many already live in though. It's a sign of a sick society. When the solution to homelessness is given as just stick them in a plastic tub. But that's the society you're in now. That's what people keep voting for for some reason. The electorate don't give a shit about the homeless. Not one solitary shit do they give. Fuck the homeless, fuck the poor, fuck it all, Boris Johnson, more of him please. Reality. This is actually happening.

It's like being in the matrix but without the artificial world to distract you, the food and waste lines or the warm goo to lie in. Ahh.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 06, 2020, 03:31:18 PM
It's like being in the matrix but without the artificial world to distract you, the food and waste lines or the warm goo to lie in.

Or the free body shave and nipple rings.

Replies From View

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 06, 2020, 08:06:28 AM
Does anyone else think the definition of the verb " invent" is being stretched somewhat in the original story what this thread is based on?

If it's good enough for Archie the Inventor.

Replies From View

Maybe it's a Dusty Bin reference where 3-2-1 denotes the number of homeless people still alive within a trio of bins per day.

Replies From View

Quote from: checkoutgirl on February 06, 2020, 02:26:58 PM
Degrading to who? It might be cultural. A Japanese person would look at the double bin idea and ask how much it would be to rent for 4 hours before he catches his flight to Tokyo. Ask an Englishman and all of a sudden it's degrading.

Well the fact that they are literally bins probably takes a bit of sheen of the entire enterprise.  Maybe if they were unwanted coffins people would think differently; dunno.

Replies From View

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 06, 2020, 02:58:55 PM
The converted bin shelter is an emergency solution, providing better more durable shelter than a cardboard box, doorway, or nothing. The problem is that emergency solutions tend to become the only solution. Oh homeless charities can just buy these bins and give them out, what more do you want the government to do? Can't just give people houses, that's interfering with the economy.

It smacks of not being able to give a shit.  A bin comes from the mind of someone who wants credit for aiding homeless people (he presumably expects miracle homelessness housing to be named after him from now on), but genuinely believes purpose-built shelters would take up too much valuable land.

steve98

I thought of this some time ago as a method of not getting your head kicked-in while  sleeping homelessly. My invention used only one bin. Of course it didn't do anything for your legs and groin area (and everything else about it was negative too), so I dropped the idea.

gilbertharding

Quote from: steve98 on February 06, 2020, 06:06:47 PM
I thought of this some time ago as a method of not getting your head kicked-in while  sleeping homelessly. My invention used only one bin. Of course it didn't do anything for your legs and groin area (and everything else about it was negative too), so I dropped the idea.

Oh no - don't tell me people are fighting over who had this idea first.

How long ago was Cat Bin Lady? How far have we come?

steve98

No, all credit to the old guy. I didn't pursue my original idea; the idea that you could use two bins (that also fit inside each other when not being slept in), didn't occur to me.

dissolute ocelot

There used to be a homeless person living in the bin shed on my estate, but the fascist estate managers put a lock on it. The frequency with which the bins are emptied meant he'd otherwise have had months of peace.

It's like the spikes they have to keep homeless people away from doorways and the ingenuity that goes into designing a park bench you can't lie down on, if you're making money from this you should at minimum let someone kip on your sofa.

Sebastian Cobb

One of my mates got smashed after a night shift and slept in the bin room of his flat because he didn't want to bump into his mum. He probably was 28 at the time.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 07, 2020, 10:18:38 AM
There used to be a homeless person living in the bin shed on my estate, but the fascist estate managers put a lock on it. The frequency with which the bins are emptied meant he'd otherwise have had months of peace.

It's like the spikes they have to keep homeless people away from doorways and the ingenuity that goes into designing a park bench you can't lie down on, if you're making money from this you should at minimum let someone kip on your sofa.

"You know, I think the main purpose of the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps is to get poor Americans into clean, pressed, unpatched clothes, so rich Americans can stand to look at them."

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Let's think of other ways this brilliant invention could go wrong:

- louts kicking and stamping on the bin
- louts standing the bin on its wheels and pushing/dragging it to the canal with the occupant inside
- confined space for ease of burning someone to death
- hostile architecture makes it impossible to lay the bin flat
- cheap fucks steal bin to use as their actual bin
- homeless person has to drag bin everywhere or risk it being stolen
- NIMBYS screaming about bin people
- Conservafucks making out like people are choosing to live in comfy bins so as not to work
- NIMBY vigilantes stealing any wheelie bin that's not the right colour because clearly it's a homeless bin

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Replies From View on February 06, 2020, 05:48:30 PM
Well the fact that they are literally bins probably takes a bit of sheen of the entire enterprise.  Maybe if they were unwanted coffins people would think differently; dunno.

It would be degrading to an American homeless for sure, they're used to the much more spacious dumpster.

Glebe