Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Romney makes a stand

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 05, 2020, 08:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

About the only.courageous thing he has done, saying he will vote to remove Trump from office. I doubt any other Republicans will join him though. Looks like Trump will stay President.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Mobius

is R Money one of them rap fellas

Captain Z

At last he can stop propping his phone up against a mug.

SteK

Quote from: Mobius on February 05, 2020, 08:58:14 PM
is R Money one of them rap fellas

No, that's 50p, or Ten Bob as he used be known as pre Monday 15th Feb 1971....

Sebastian Cobb

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Urinal Cake

Romney's revenge for that dinner pic.

Fambo Number Mive

EDIT: Forget it.

Fambo Number Mive

Unsurprisingly Trump cleared. I doubt Romney's stand will make much difference in him seeing it as a triumph, especially as Romney is seen by many Republicans as part of the elite. They dont seem to see fellow billionaire Trump as part of the elite though. They also blame Romney for losing to Obama in 2012, of course.

Is Romney behaving out of principle or does he have another agenda?

Cuellar

Yeah. I can't see this as the first step to a glorious Romney renaissance so he probably is doing it on principle. The principle being Trump was horrible to him in the past.

Mobius

Yeah he's never liked Trump.

He becomes the first ever Senator to vote to impeach a President from his own party which is something, and means Trump & co can't claim this was an entirely partisan vote.

But yeah it won't make a bit of difference in any way....

Urinal Cake

Romney joins the Democratic Primary!

Cuellar

Wins the nomination and DESTROYS Trump in the election.

And is then 50 times worse.

Noddy Tomkey

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 05, 2020, 08:55:54 PM
Thanks news feed

This is the first I've heard of this story. I look at this site more regularly than I do news feeds.

Have mercy on those of us who aren't lying recumbent upon whatever hilarious 'tier' it is you shit from.

Mister Six

evilcommiedictator

Cool news in the "This makes absolutely no fucking difference to anyone" category, but it is making Hilary-types wet their beds and look up "migrating to Utah" on Bing

Armin Meiwes

Yeah v much so, I mean well done to Romney (even if it's v much a case of that Chris Rocks routine) BUT has anyone ever noticed how your centrist democrats absolutely looooove even the worst of the never trumpers like a million times more than anyone on the left of their own party.

jobotic

Jess Phillips and Rees-Mogg innit?

Fambo Number Mive

Presumably those like Mike Huckabee who are attacking Romeny for "Mitt's "principled" vote to undo 2 elections" were also opposed to the impeachment of Bill Clinton?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 06, 2020, 02:02:48 PM
Presumably those like Mike Huckabee who are attacking Romeny for "Mitt's "principled" vote to undo 2 elections" were also opposed to the impeachment of Bill Clinton?

You seem to be having a bit of trouble with the man's name here, chap.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Oh good for him, he demonstrated a basic understanding of English and morality. Let a fucking medal be struck in his honour.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 06, 2020, 02:21:01 PM
You seem to be having a bit of trouble with the man's name here, chap.

It's Mitt Pikey

Sin Agog

edit: Captain Z already made this joke.  I am shame.

evilcommiedictator

Does it actually fucking mean anything though, like, he's the biggest name in an inbred Mormon state, so he is no chance of having issues getting votes, plus, his vote didn't affect the outcome, all he gets is a speech and perhaps niceness if he decides to run in 4 years time

Armin Meiwes

That's the problem isn't it, not a single republican (that I'm aware of although there may be some exceptions lower down the pecking order) has actually had to pay a genuine political price for standing up to him - like they're either on their way out anyway or towards the end of their careers so don't really have to give a fuck. And then you've got all your #nevertrumper pundits half of whom (or prob more) just seem to have spied a niche that they can grift some money out of rather than have to fight it out in the much more crowded pro trump conservative field.

Neville Chamberlain

I was just about to make a joke in which I hilariously pretend to mix up 'Romney the Mitt' with 'Romney the small town in Hampshire' when I suddenly remember the town's called Romsey, not Romney. Saved myself some blushes there, I think! :-)

madhair60

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on February 07, 2020, 01:34:35 PM
Romney, you plomker.

fucking BOLLOCKS I was about to make that joke and scrolling through to make sure no one else had made it and the last fucking post has ruined it for me