Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:40:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm no longer Spartacus!

Started by bgmnts, February 05, 2020, 11:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lurker

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on February 05, 2020, 11:47:31 PM
A total long shot that somehow came off.

Ha! 102 year old Vera Lynn must be shitting herself now...

thenoise

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 06, 2020, 04:44:46 AM
Look, I Don't appear to be able to use the tags function, ok?

Quote from: Barry Admin on February 05, 2020, 09:05:48 PM
Lisa Jesusandmarychain is blacklisted from tags - not funny enough

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

^ wait, is that genuine? I remember the lad himself praising at least one of my tags in the past.

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 05, 2020, 11:44:01 PM
beautiful angle

Don't be so obtuse.  It's acutely sad that Mr Kirk Douglas's head and feet are now permanently at ninety degrees from the upright.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd really rather not live to 103, if at all possible. I'd imagine it would be rather crap. 85 would be fine. Can you make that happen? Cheers.

Buelligan

Natalie Wouldn't, never forget.

paruses

Quote from: Buelligan on February 06, 2020, 10:31:13 AM
Natalie Wouldn't, never forget.

I don't get this - was he linked to Natalie Wood's death? I am a bit obsessed with Natalie Wood - not enough to learn anything about her, mind. I just like looking at her[nb] Ooh - that sounds creepy. [/nb]

Quote from: paruses on February 06, 2020, 10:56:38 AM
I just like looking at her[nb] Ooh - that sounds creepy. [/nb]

Those yellowed skeletons are so sexy.

Pseudopath

Quote from: paruses on February 06, 2020, 10:56:38 AM
I don't get this - was he linked to Natalie Wood's death? I am a bit obsessed with Natalie Wood - not enough to learn anything about her, mind. I just like looking at her[nb] Ooh - that sounds creepy. [/nb]

No - he was alleged to have raped her when she was 15.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Pseudopath on February 06, 2020, 11:02:47 AM
No - he was alleged to have raped her when she was 15.

He saw Wood, got wood, thought 'Would".

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: The Lurker on February 06, 2020, 07:47:18 AM
Ha! 102 year old Vera Lynn must be shitting herself now...

Well, she's allowed to, at that age.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 06, 2020, 08:01:43 AM
^ wait, is that genuine? I remember the lad himself praising at least one of my tags in the past.

Look, *is* that quote genuine? I'm on the verge of flouncing, over 'ere.

I wonder how Jean Spangler's family are feeling.

Hand Solo

Obviously a big influence on half the mad characters in John Kricfalusi's Ren & Stimpy etc.

Call the policccceeeee...

And of course this:

The Big Story

checkoutgirl

Quote from: The Lurker on February 05, 2020, 11:42:47 PM
One on my 2020 death list gone now.

Isn't it every year less than a hundred is a point? Wouldn't that mean this gets you minus 3 points? 103 is no age.

M granny died at 98 years old Monday week ago. Then Terry Jones, then Nick Parsons kicked the bucket. Now this!!

paruses

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 06, 2020, 11:01:10 AM
Those yellowed skeletons are so sexy.

Kink shaming is not cool bro. Not cool.

Armin Meiwes

Heard he was a bit of a touchup merchant tbh!

thenoise

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 06, 2020, 12:06:04 PM
Look, *is* that quote genuine? I'm on the verge of flouncing, over 'ere.

Click on the link and check.

No it's not - everyone can only tag their own thread at the moment.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: thenoise on February 06, 2020, 03:48:12 PM
Click on the link and check.

No it's not - everyone can only tag their own thread at the moment.

Flounce averted.

dissolute ocelot

Olivia de Havilland who was born on 1 July 1916 (5 months before Kirk) is still alive. She was an asshole during the Hollywood blacklist era though, ganging up with Ronald Reagan to screw anyone politically to the left of them.

bgmnts

Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner trending on twitters.

wooders1978

The young lad who played Spartacus in the tv series was also taken tragically young, leaving me to ponder if the role is perhaps cursed?

Head Gardener

cigarettes finally got him in the end

Flatulent Fox

I'll always remember him from this fine film:

Although he does look a little bit like Bruce Forsyth,but that's only because of the cowboy outfit.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Hand Solo on February 06, 2020, 02:00:59 PM
Obviously a big influence on half the mad characters in John Kricfalusi's Ren & Stimpy etc.

Call the policccceeeee...

And of course this:

The Big Story
i never really understood john k's obsession with him. and of course john k is an actual paedophile (albeit not convicted) so probably left alone

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on February 07, 2020, 10:30:28 PM

Although he does look a little bit like Bruce Forsyth,but that's only because of the cowboy outfit.

Blakey the Kid in the background.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on February 07, 2020, 10:30:28 PM

I looked this film up years ago because I remember seeing part of a film in the mid-90s which I'm sure was called 'something? Jack' that is very similar, a cowboy dressed similarly on a horse in a sort of bad light-comedy kids type of film. What I remember was it was so badly made there was one scene where he's about to climb on his horse which is positioned on the left edge of the screen, just as he's walking over a grip can be seen slowly pushing a little stepladder over from the side behind the horse which the actor uses to climb on. I don't think it was a bit of Zucker brothers type whimsy, just a genuine bit of bad movie making. I've tried to find what film it was for years, I've skimmed through Cactus Jack and can't find the scene, it's also linked to Lightning Jack the very similar Paul Hogan movie and I can't find it in there either. It may be another similarly themed but much cheaper film from the early 90s or something? Stumped.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Hand Solo on February 08, 2020, 03:42:16 AM
I looked this film up years ago because I remember seeing part of a film in the mid-90s which I'm sure was called 'something? Jack' that is very similar, a cowboy dressed similarly on a horse in a sort of bad light-comedy kids type of film. What I remember was it was so badly made there was one scene where he's about to climb on his horse which is positioned on the left edge of the screen, just as he's walking over a grip can be seen slowly pushing a little stepladder over from the side behind the horse which the actor uses to climb on. I don't think it was a bit of Zucker brothers type whimsy, just a genuine bit of bad movie making. I've tried to find what film it was for years, I've skimmed through Cactus Jack and can't find the scene, it's also linked to Lightning Jack the very similar Paul Hogan movie and I can't find it in there either. It may be another similarly themed but much cheaper film from the early 90s or something? Stumped.

It is Cactus Jack you're thinking of, but it's not some terrible forehead slapping bit of ignorance - it's visible in the full frame open matte version, which was the version that was always on TV (in the days before they started showing films in their original aspect ratio)m but it can't be seen in the proper 1.85 version.  You can, however, catch a couple of trampolines when he's bouncing around.

Also cf. visible guide rail, pneumatics, and guide divers visible at various points in the full frame version of Jaws the Revenge.