Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:21:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nantes-Sense

Started by hummingofevil, February 06, 2020, 12:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

Off to Nantes for a few days to try to speak French and expand my love of French cities. Any of you live their if got any recommendations? I'm going to check out the Japanese garden and I've got a list of the decent beer pubs but all suggestions welcome.

I fancy a bike ride down the Brest canal but does anyone know how far I can take the city bikes. God I love France. Merci beaucoup tout le monde.

Ferris

I remember it being very sunny (in July).

Hope this helps.

bgmnts

Go all the way to France to check out a JAPANESE garden?

Sort it out.

Oly thing I'd suggest is having a gallette, had some in Bayeux but I think it's actually a Breton cuisine. Fucking hell, gorgeous.

Danger Man

Maybe in 2050 there will be a thing on the internet that lets us discover things....

Until then this forum will be stuck with people telling us about their holidays,

hummingofevil

Quote from: bgmnts on February 06, 2020, 12:59:50 AM
Go all the way to France to check out a JAPANESE garden?

Sort it out.

Oly thing I'd suggest is having a gallette, had some in Bayeux but I think it's actually a Breton cuisine. Fucking hell, gorgeous.

Worse than that I am actually hoping to find someone who I can trade my siarad cymraeg with a bit if breton. Outward-looking-nation and all that. ;)

hummingofevil

Quote from: Danger Man on February 06, 2020, 01:17:26 AM
Maybe in 2050 there will be a thing on the internet that lets us discover things....

Until then this forum will be stuck with people telling us about their holidays,

We have at least one contributor on here who is a genuine expert on the niche delights of European Destinations. And hundreds of others who are sound. Soz for seeking their advice. FWIW it's my second holiday in just under 3 years and I'm going for 3 nights and it's cost me £300 for 2. I would very much appreciate the heads ups. :)

bgmnts

Good luck with that! Breton is all Zs and Hs to me.

hummingofevil

Quote from: bgmnts on February 06, 2020, 01:29:12 AM
Good luck with that! Breton is all Zs and Hs to me.

Aye. Fucking difficult on first glance.  I've managed French, Spanish, Welsh and a bit of Galician this year so not doing too bad (I really want this trip to be the one - as a 40 year old man - i can finally just talk french without apologetic can't-do-it bullshit). I'm actually shit at languages but love the challenge.

Im a Physics teacher so spend every day of my working life being the expert so it's so hard, but satisfying being the thick cunt. :)

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 06, 2020, 12:57:14 AM
I remember it being very sunny (in July).

Hope this helps.

Actually just remembered a good friend lives in Brittany. I got some photos of this, looks good.

https://www.lesmachines-nantes.fr/

You can ride around on the elephant.

Paul Calf

Quote from: hummingofevil on February 06, 2020, 12:54:05 AM
Off to Nantes for a few days to try to speak French and expand my love of French cities. Any of you live their if got any recommendations? I'm going to check out the Japanese garden and I've got a list of the decent beer pubs but all suggestions welcome.

I fancy a bike ride down the Brest canal...

I bet you do hummingofevil you dirty old bollocks...

Glebe

How do you make Nante freeze?

Hide her nightie!

imitationleather

Should be holidaying in Britain instead.

[/Francoisphile]

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Dex Sawash

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 06, 2020, 02:23:39 AM
Actually just remembered a good friend lives in Brittany. I got some photos of this, looks good.

https://www.lesmachines-nantes.fr/

You can ride around on the elephant.

Want to see that mecha-elefant going murdery on liveleak

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nantes sounds like Nonce-4000.

shiftwork2

Never been, alright cheers

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on February 06, 2020, 11:52:17 AM
YOU FACKIN NANTES

Just realised that this is the exact same joke as is in the thread title, please ignore and throw cum at me in disgust

Kryton

This wouldn't happen if we'd just get bloody BERXITS done.
Get it done, whatever the cost.

Shit Good Nose

Went on holiday there once in the late 80s.  Was violently sick on the crossing over, which is how I remember that particular French holiday of the dozens we had over the years.

Another helpful post in this thread.

hummingofevil

This is why I love this website. Merci beaucoup. :)

hummingofevil

Quote from: bgmnts on February 06, 2020, 01:39:48 AM
Smart arse.

Thick as fuck me. No matter how clever you think you are meet an 11year old Hong Kong girl who speaks 4 languages fluently and is in bottom set Science. It's a leveller.

...dwi'n dysgu siarad cymraeg.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteNo matter how clever you think you are meet an 11year old Hong Kong girl who speaks 4 languages fluently and is in bottom set Science. It's a leveller

Nantes-sense

Pingers

Don't know if you'll get the Breton cider that far down but if so, Kerisac brut is your best bet

Blue Jam

maett

There was a good looking girl working in a cafe near the castle during the 1998 World Cup. I don't know if she still works there though. And an image search gives 0 results.
It was a lovely looking place, though I was only there for a day trying with futility to get tickets for Brazil/Morocco.  I'd like to return one day so let us know how it was and whether your French couper la moutarde.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Take heed of the sage advice written under my username. Might come in handy.