Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:11:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Amiga Power: Just who you think we are (now)

Started by MojoJojo, February 06, 2020, 10:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

Quote from: Mister Six on February 05, 2020, 04:30:34 PM
Really sad Stewart Campbell is a cunt. I hope everyone else from YS and AP is a good egg. What's Jonathan Nash up to these days?

He has a blog type thing but the last post was in 2016. And that was the first post since 2010 https://orsomething.co.uk/

While looking around found this lovely quote from someone who went to the AP reunion:
Quote-there was an actual photo of Jonathan Nash! Or, at least, an actual photo of him with his face concealed with an Animaniacs character. He remains incredibly mysterious; he is apparently definitely real, but very odd. Stuart Campbell said that he liked odd or strange people because he found them interesting, but that J Nash was the strangest person he had ever met by a considerable margin. Stu knew him better than anyone, and used to go to the pub and hang out with him regularly, but knew nothing about him – he didn't know where he was from, where he'd lived other than Bath, whether he had any family, or even whether Jonathan Nash was his real name. He'd apparently changed his name early on in his time at Future, and was originally called Jonathan Piller, but nobody knew why. He turned up at his job interview at Future wearing a sandwich board saying "give me a job". Nobody seemed to really know what to make of him, but agreed he was an uncommonly good writer.

Stu said that the last time that any of them had any contact with J Nash was when Stu ran an iOS games review site with him called Podgamer, where they had a blazing argument over the use of title case, and never spoke again as a result. I have a dim memory of J Nash breaking character and posting something on the site about a dispute he'd had with Stu that made it sound genuinely acrimonious.

From https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/291555-amiga-power-reunion/page/2/

I do remember Podgamer, and vaguely remember the falling out. *sigh*

Anyone else have any nuggets of what they're up to now? Anything since 2016? Aprt from Campbell being a bell, of course.

madhair60

Dunno but I keep buying issues of this on eBay like a useless cunt because, let's fact it, I am one.

I used to love the demo desks on old Amiga magazines. Sometimes they had limited edition versions of popular games like Cannon Soccer, a mix of Sensi and Cannon Fodder where the football would turn into a bomb and maim players on the pitch.

Small Man Big Horse

I was a huge fan of Amiga Power and used to write in to their letters page regularly, and one time some friends and I tried to take over the whole thing by writing in under a variety of different names (all taken from the Reservoir Dogs credits) and posting them from different places. They did rumble our attempt (casually commenting about one of the names) but still published the majority anyway, I wish I could remember what issue it was now but my memory annoyingly fails me.

Famous Mortimer

This just makes me remember that I ought to get cracking with completing my Zzap! 64 collection.

Dewt

Quote from: madhair60 on February 06, 2020, 10:57:48 AM
Dunno but I keep buying issues of this on eBay like a useless cunt because, let's fact it, I am one.
I've done this with other magazines from the fucking US

beanheadmcginty

I've noticed that Rich Pelley writes in The Guardian reasonably regularly.
I still want to know why Mark Winstanley became Cam Winstanley overnight.