Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Going apeshit at unisex bogs

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 06, 2020, 01:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

And that's Embra. Imagine the scenes at De Vitos in Arbroath.

I've been in the ladies' bogs at work (first aid required by someone who'd fainted by the sinks) and can confirm that they are fucking disgusting. Think of everything disgusting that men do in the gents, but then add the element of menstrual blood. Awful.

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 06, 2020, 10:40:30 PM
Is it unisex or unispecies if the apes are shitting in them?

Alastair Stewart's first CAB post does not go down well.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If you have seen the women's section of clothes shops, or, even more exotic, women's clothes shops, at around 3 in the afternoon on a Saturday, that gives you a pretty good indication of how clean and tidy their bogs are. Scratters. Get em gone

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: imitationleather on February 06, 2020, 09:58:04 PM
just piss yourself ffs

Warm up act before comedy show being recorded advised to develop his dialogue with the audience.

buzby

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 07, 2020, 06:46:12 AM
I've been in the ladies' bogs at work (first aid required by someone who'd fainted by the sinks) and can confirm that they are fucking disgusting. Think of everything disgusting that men do in the gents, but then add the element of menstrual blood. Awful.
We had the 'pleasure' of having concurrent dirty protesters in both the male and female toilets at work.

Re: pissing in the sink - that used to be Margi 'Margox' Clarke's trademark backstage at punk gigs in Liverpool & Manchester, usually in front of a full dressing room.

Cloud

I see you've met one of are mates.  Haven't seen him for a bit actually.  For ages he refused to join us at a particular pub because they'd "caved to people with about 1000 genders" and so he'd never go in again while they had gender neutral toilets.  Literally all it was, was they'd stuck a gender neutral sign on the disabled and run proudly to the local rag about it so it was about as "virtue signal"y as you can get anyway and nothing of concern to someone who prefers gendered loos which were still there.  Interesting ones at that - the blokes piss into something that looks like a bee hive.

He's been in since and has a girlfriend now so it's possible he's grown up a bit (being one of the younger people who had joined us).  I was hoping this'd be the case as I do remember being a bit of an idiot myself in the early 20s.  I know exactly where it comes from in this case, it's from being a meme-r addicted to 4chan and Youtube and being brainwashed by the alt right, listening to Jordan Peterson too much etc.  It's possible though that he's still out there ranting about gender neutral bogs.

touchingcloth

Should've pointed out that pandering to people with about a 1000 genders would involve about a 1000 bogs.

I mainly made this post because I find the phrase "about a 1000 bogs" pleasing. Cheers.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 07, 2020, 09:31:01 AM
about a 1000 bogs.

Frank Zappa considers rewrite

Or

John Wood and his mates consider band name rethink.

The choice is yours.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 07, 2020, 09:31:01 AM
Should've pointed out that pandering to people with about a 1000 genders would involve about a 1000 bogs.

I mainly made this post because I find the phrase "about a 1000 bogs" pleasing. Cheers.

The flying duck in Glasgow has nearly that many in the gents for reasons I don't understand.

Noonling

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 06, 2020, 02:50:35 PM
without exception, ALL of my female friends refuse to have a shit at work or in public loos, whereas very few of my male friends care either way.

I didn't realise restricted shitting is a more female thing to do. I suppose I better start shitting in pubs lest I become emasculated.

gilbertharding

Quote from: honeychile on February 06, 2020, 09:55:31 PM
Please can gilbertharding, Shit Good Nose or some other cunt explain to me why there are almost always fewer hand dryers than wash basins and cubicles.

No idea - but it's probably either cost or space - I don't think there are any legal standards for this.

When I've designed unisex toilets, with a bog and a basin in their own little room, each one has had its own hand drier.

Quote from: Noonling on February 07, 2020, 12:10:42 PM
I didn't realise restricted shitting is a more female thing to do. I suppose I better start shitting in pubs lest I become emasculated.

No idea how typical I am, but I am a man who would far rather shit in my own toilet at home than at work or anywhere else. Sometimes you don't have a choice though.

Cuellar

Yeah, I went through a period of never shitting apart from at home, but then I decided to pull myself together

Dex Sawash

Quote from: honeychile on February 06, 2020, 09:55:31 PM
or some other cunt explain to me why there are almost always fewer hand dryers than wash basins and cubicles.

Artifact of design from when the more time efficient towel dispenser ruled the post-bog routine?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Dex Sawash on February 07, 2020, 01:09:22 PM
Artifact of design from when the more time efficient towel dispenser ruled the post-bog routine?

Miss those - you could also wipe leftover bum gravy that you missed first wipe.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 06, 2020, 05:19:51 PM
Pissing in the sink in a busy bog is something I've not thought of before, but it makes total sense - free cock wash after.

I accidentally pissed in the sink at Spitalfields Market thinking it was the urinal a few years ago.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 07, 2020, 01:17:25 PM
I accidentally pissed in the sink at Spitalfields Market thinking it was the urinal a few years ago.

I'm seeing more of those pop up, but that's a VERY generous number of taps there.

Sebastian Cobb

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

chocky909

At The Bridge Theatre in London I went into a busy toilet which was marked as unisex but inside was the usual men's toilet combo of stalls and urinals. A man was very upset as a couple of girls were standing very close to him waiting for a vacant stall as he attempted to piss in one of said urinals.

"Get back!" he screamed at them. "It's unisex!" they replied. "I muttered something about unisex toilets not usually having urinals and that maybe they shouldn't stand near them.

But who was right? Please like and subscribe and leave your comments below.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Cuellar on February 07, 2020, 12:54:16 PM
I went through a period of never shitting apart from at home

I'm the reverse of this - I always try to have a shit somewhere other than home. It's the arse version of beer tasting better in the pub rather than out of your own fridge. Plus the whole "getting paid to shit" trope.

imitationleather

I used to love shitting in a 'spoons, me. Whenever I passed one I'd try to rise to the occasion. Even today whenever Tim Martin appears on telly I have to stop myself from crapping my pants right on cue.

Quote from: imitationleather on February 07, 2020, 04:34:44 PM
I used to love shitting in a 'spoons, me. Whenever I passed one I'd try to rise to the occasion. Even today whenever Tim Martin appears on telly I have to stop myself from crapping my pants right on cue.

Pavlov's bog

imitationleather

mippy

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 06, 2020, 05:05:11 PM
I'm not an expert in ladies toilets, but my wife assures me that they're frequently appalling.

My defining memory of the bogs at gigs was seeing the JaMC at Brixton Academy in about 1994. There was quite a queue, which someone had decided to jump by pissing in the sink. The reason this was so striking was because without any effort at all on my part I could see his entire penis - which was pierced - in the mirror.

I saw a gig at Heaven a few months ago - the toilets were tiny poky things, made even less inaccessible by an attendant sat on a folding chair in the doorway.

I've worked in a couple of places that have entirely self-contained unisex toilets - loo, sink, mirror, door. I really wish these would become standard - as an xxwomanxx adult human female uterus bleeder, they are actually far far better when you are on your period and need to clean up.

Blinder Data

Quote from: chocky909 on February 07, 2020, 03:26:04 PM
At The Bridge Theatre in London I went into a busy toilet which was marked as unisex but inside was the usual men's toilet combo of stalls and urinals. A man was very upset as a couple of girls were standing very close to him waiting for a vacant stall as he attempted to piss in one of said urinals.

"Get back!" he screamed at them. "It's unisex!" they replied. "I muttered something about unisex toilets not usually having urinals and that maybe they shouldn't stand near them.

But who was right? Please like and subscribe and leave your comments below.

If the girls were very close, I would feel weird about weeing at a urinal TBF. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bridge Theatre unisex toilets include urinals though - theatres and other artist-led buildings seem to have taken the ball of unisex toilets and run with it.

I appreciate it makes trans and NB people more comfortable, but I do think it would help if some of these conversations about changing how we view single-sex toilets could be had with some sort of discussion or explanation beforehand (that doesn't devolve into crazy partisan arguments - probably wishful thinking). It's not like the internet would have us believe: most people don't follow the debates over these issues so are probably just quite surprised to now be sharing toilets with the opposite sex, when we've been brought up in an environment to find that unwelcome.

An angry man shouted at people to "MOVE OUT THE WAY!" when I went to the Bridge Theatre toilets in December because he felt they were dawdling near the hand dryers. Maybe the anger is coming from one guy.

bgmnts

Quote from: Blinder Data on February 07, 2020, 05:11:56 PM
If the girls were very close, I would feel weird about weeing at a urinal TBF. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bridge Theatre unisex toilets include urinals though - theatres and other artist-led buildings seem to have taken the ball of unisex toilets and run with it.

It's not too bad actually when everyone's pissed nobody is arsed.

mippy

Is it not weird, though, to regularly whip your no-no snakes out in public when you go for a pee?

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 07, 2020, 01:18:56 PM
I'm seeing more of those pop up, but that's a VERY generous number of taps there.

Every other one is shorter than its neighbour so possibly a soap dispenser.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Brian Freeze on February 07, 2020, 05:22:46 PM
Every other one is shorter than its neighbour so possibly a soap dispenser.

Good spot - I think you're right.