Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:55:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don Hertzfeldt

Started by madhair60, February 06, 2020, 04:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Rejected, It's Such a Beautiful Day, World of Tomorrow, etc...

Any other fans here? I'm sure there must be. My Blu-ray arrived just yesterday and I watched World of Tomorrow for the first time and was quite frankly floored. I found out there's a part two, I haven't seen it yet but it's on Vimeo to buy. Good, I assume?

Everyone seen It's Such a Beautiful Day? One of the best films I've ever seen.

chveik

yeah its very good.

might look for the others now

peanutbutter

I've always felt like World of Tomorrow was a huge drop down from the trilogy before it. As much as the hand-drawn aspect played a big part, I think doing his own narration was a big part too (he was _extremely_ critical of it during a Q&A I went to in 2017). He's obviously a big ideas high concept kind of guy but the combo kept him grounded and kept the material with a relatable human element that I felt was totally gone in World of Tomorrow.

Dewt

Mister Six

Quote from: peanutbutter on February 06, 2020, 08:39:51 PM
I've always felt like World of Tomorrow was a huge drop down from the trilogy before it. As much as the hand-drawn aspect played a big part, I think doing his own narration was a big part too (he was _extremely_ critical of it during a Q&A I went to in 2017). He's obviously a big ideas high concept kind of guy but the combo kept him grounded and kept the material with a relatable human element that I felt was totally gone in World of Tomorrow.

Really? I found World of Tomorrow hugely affecting, as much as It's Such a Beautiful Day, just more compressed. Haven't seen the second part yet, mind you.

Hadn't heard of Everything Will Be OK or The Meaning of Life until I looked at his Wikipedia page just now. Very excited to check them out when I can, although I might pre-screen before showing Mrs Six, as I reckon Beautiful Day and Tomorrow would be a wee bit too emotionally devastating for her.

Loved his Simpsons intro too: https://youtu.be/m78gYyTrG7Y

chveik

Quote from: Mister Six on February 08, 2020, 07:43:44 PM
Hadn't heard of Everything Will Be OK or The Meaning of Life until I looked at his Wikipedia page just now. Very excited to check them out when I can, although I might pre-screen before showing Mrs Six, as I reckon Beautiful Day and Tomorrow would be a wee bit too emotionally devastating for her.

Everything Will Be OK is the first chapter of It's Such a Beautiful Day. 

watched Rejected and Lily and Jim yesterday (both on youtube), lovely stuff

Mister Six

Quote from: chveik on February 08, 2020, 08:42:51 PM
Everything Will Be OK is the first chapter of It's Such a Beautiful Day. 

Ah, I think I saw the whole thing as one compiled volume.