Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Scotland’s Finonce Secretary

Started by Bronzy, February 06, 2020, 06:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

He's a dirty old bollocks. Has he had the whip taken off him yet?

steve98

Three days we've been out of Europe, and this happens. 3 days.

Sebastian Cobb

Behaving foolishly was sending his first message to the lad, what about the other 269 times?

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: canadagoose on February 06, 2020, 06:22:24 PM
He's a dirty old bollocks. Has he had the whip taken off him yet?
Yes, and his gimp mask.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If it had been a 35 year old boy, would that have been OK?

Shit Good Nose

Immediately thought of Little Britain when this broke.

Lots of "he's fallen way short of MP morality" and all that, but no one saying what the medium to long-term fallout from this is going to be.

Has he committed any kind of crime?(*)  Can there be any legal comeback?  I'm guessing the, for want of a better word, victim could do some sort of legal challenge?  Arguably grooming going on there.

Obviously his career is perma-fucked.

(* - genuine question, that)

Head Gardener

he has 2 sons aged 15 and 12 too, ffs

Zetetic

If anything, I think it'd be worse if he was sexting them.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 06, 2020, 08:49:35 PM
Has he committed any kind of crime?(*)  Can there be any legal comeback?
(* - genuine question, that)

Probably not from a grooming perspective as although he's in a position of social standing, it's not like he's his teacher or something. There was a recent case were a middle-aged teacher pumped a 17 year old lad and got sacked but he wasn't the lad's pupil and he never met him in a professional capacity (the teacher was a primary school teacher I think) so it wasn't illegal from a breach of trust perspective. This doesn't mean I don't think it's pretty grubby though.

Might be a harassment thing given the amount of messages though.

Famous Mortimer

Just have one off the wrist, you daft bastard. He has to be aware that this exact thing has ruined dozens of political careers, right?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 06, 2020, 09:13:30 PM
Probably not from a grooming perspective as although he's in a position of social standing, it's not like he's his teacher or something. There was a recent case were a middle-aged teacher pumped a 17 year old lad and got sacked but he wasn't the lad's pupil and he never met him in a professional capacity (the teacher was a primary school teacher I think) so it wasn't illegal from a breach of trust perspective. This doesn't mean I don't think it's pretty grubby though.

Might be a harassment thing given the amount of messages though.

Thanks.  Not something I really want to start googling (VERY paranoid about that sort of stuff being on my records) and, yes, of course it's a bit grubby.  On the other hand there'll always be mature people who like...younger people, and younger people who like more mature people.

But yeah - he's fucked himself for life now.  Perhaps head-slappingly idiotic more than anything.

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 06, 2020, 09:15:41 PM
so was he cute or not

Well the guy said he was, twice, so we therefore must assume that he's cute.