Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:36:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Liverpool refuses to fly flag for Prince Andrew/ Defying Government orders

Started by Kryton, February 06, 2020, 09:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

QuoteLIVERPOOL council has refused to fly the union flag from its buildings to celebrate Prince Andrew's birthday.

QuoteThe city's Labour mayor Joe Anderson confirmed today that Liverpool will not be marking the occasion, despite having received government orders to mark the Duke of Yorks's 60th birthday on February 19.

Not the first time Joe Anderson has retained some integrity. I think last year he opened a load of buildings for homeless people (in a cold winter), he's been outspoken about austerity too and a proud supporter of LGBTQ rights, remaining in the Merseyside red belt. Seems like a good chap.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah, definitely a hint of chippy grandstanding gobshite but if you ever wanted the embodiment of the Liverpool mentality at political level it's Joe Anderson. He absolutely laid in to Murdoch around the time of the Hillsborough memorial a few years back.

I choose to be in the trenches with the Scouse any day over the alternative.

idunnosomename

at least liverpool stayed red and still wont sell the sun

good on liverpool, i say

PlanktonSideburns

Shit Good Nose

Sounds like an okay sort.

He visited with our then Bath mayor some years ago (I forget why).  I can't add anything other than he obviously likes his pies and beer, which is another green tick.

Kryton

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 06, 2020, 09:12:36 PM
Yeah, definitely a hint of chippy grandstanding gobshite but if you ever wanted the embodiment of the Liverpool mentality at political level it's Joe Anderson. He absolutely laid in to Murdoch around the time of the Hillsborough memorial a few years back.

I choose to be in the trenches with the Scouse any day over the alternative.

One of the few bastions of solid defiance against the far right. Liverpool has been shat on far and wide by the media, but most Scousers I know wear that shite as a shield.

A few years ago we got a 'white mans march' - which ended up with a bunch of terrified looking Nazi idiots hiding the lost property cupboards, whilst being showered with bananas and eggs. This was AFTER they threatened a race riot. They didn't even make it out of the train station.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/how-scousers-see-off-fascists/

Joe Anderson laughed at them and their death threats.

Cuellar

Makes you proud to be British

edit: sorry, I mean the fact that they're still trying to make the country celebrate a royal nonce's birthday. Heartwarming.

Thomas

idunnosomename

if prince andrew wants to fly the flag for his birthday he should do it himself

Kryton

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 06, 2020, 09:31:35 PM

On a solemn hill. Repentance against any (and all) repentant (alleged) ROYAL noncing.
Possibly in the fog or rain.
Just waving a flag until he gets a horrible chill/ bored and has to be driven home (by a driver no less) to his MASSIVE house.

sevendaughters

pretty sure those lads who ended up shuttered in Left Luggage were the ones who turned out to be spearheaded by a nonce planning a new Jo Cox, so bravo Liverpool.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

imitationleather

Shit Good Nose

Course, Andy is physically and medically incapable of having a birthday, soooooo.......

Kryton

Also refused to fly the flag at half mast for Thatcher's funeral but did so for Anne Williams (Hillsborough campaigner).

https://twitter.com/mayor_anderson/status/324830823952035841?lang=en

Quote"I understand DCMS [Department for Culture, Media and sport] and the royal household are considering how the policy applies in changing circumstances such as when members of the royal family step back from their duties."

So by "royal household" they probably mean Randy Andy himself then?  WTF?  How fucking stupid do you need to be to even consider this as being acceptable.

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 06, 2020, 09:31:35 PM
Well the flag isnt going to hang itself

Kryton

U-turn.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2020/02/06/councils-do-not-have-fly-union-flag-mark-prince-andrews-birthday/

QuoteThe Government will not fly the Union flag to mark the Duke of York's birthday, it emerged last night.

It has also advised local councils that they are not required to fly the flag to mark the Duke's birthday as he is no longer a working royal.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Kryton on February 06, 2020, 10:22:04 PM
The Government will not fly the Union flag to mark the Duke of York's birthday, it emerged last night.

It has also advised local councils that they are not required to fly the flag to mark the Duke's birthday as he is an occultist preadtory paedophile who spitroasted minors with kevin spacey in a helicopter with a bearskin rug alledgedly

Goldentony

when will this fat cunt stop piss arsing around with fucking flags for nonces and sort out the cunts in the road next to me having the bins off so there's BAGS everywhere and fucking RODENTS like its fucking THE RAPTURE

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteIt has also advised local councils that they are not required to fly the flag to mark the Duke's birthday as he is no longer a working royal.

As soon as the government realised he was one of those awful scroungers...

I work for a council and it's getting out of adopting any position on this by saying: "We fly the Union Flag every day regardless."

Shoulders?-Stomach!