Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's not an experience i can see catching on, but neither is it one i regret

Started by honeychile, February 06, 2020, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Cerys on February 07, 2020, 02:29:14 PM
I never saw any of the results at all.  I don't know why I never looked,  There was, however, a painting I did of my left tit[nb]Not just of my left tit - my whole left side from neck to hips[/nb] hanging in our bathroom for a while until our daughter demanded that I remove it so as not to embarrass her in front of her friends.  Have you considered producing a nude self-portrait, signed in large friendly letters?  That'd be even better for shocking your visitors, because they'd be forced to feel that they should comment on your ... erm ... prowess.

Reminds me I should take down that black and white A2 of my barse.

kngen

Since moving to the southern US, I've since learned that Scotland has nothing on the South for deep-frying mad things. The state fair is the place to go for deep-fried watermelon, deep-fried Twinkies, deep-fried Coca-Cola (yep, ice cubes of Coke, covered in icing sugar and batter and then deep fried.) Scotland needs to be working on deep-fried Irn-Bru. Americans do seem appalled at deep-fried pizza though (or 'Thursday's nights tea' as I remember it), and seem intrigued by the 'Stonner' (sausage wrapped in donner meat, battered and deep fried), as they should be, because they're fucking great.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: kngen on February 07, 2020, 02:37:17 PM
Since moving to the southern US, I've since learned that Scotland has nothing on the South for deep-frying mad things. The state fair is the place to go for deep-fried watermelon, deep-fried Twinkies, deep-fried Coca-Cola (yep, ice cubes of Coke, covered in icing sugar and batter and then deep fried.) Scotland needs to be working on deep-fried Irn-Bru. Americans do seem appalled at deep-fried pizza though (or 'Thursday's nights tea' as I remember it), and seem intrigued by the 'Stonner' (sausage wrapped in donner meat, battered and deep fried), as they should be, because they're fucking great.

Do they still have "roadkill cafes" down there?  Keith Floyd used to go on about them all the time.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

kngen

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 07, 2020, 02:39:20 PM
Do they still have "roadkill cafes" down there?  Keith Floyd used to go on about them all the time.

I've never seen one. But then again, I've never seen a Klan rally, and I'm sure they're going on all the time.

Shit Good Nose

Just imagine turning up with a dead klan member you've hit in the dead of night, cross embers barely orange.  "Deep fry that would you mate?"

Norton Canes

Some time over the weekend I expect to experience my first 'rice and three', I'll let you know how that goes.

kngen

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 07, 2020, 02:45:23 PM
Just imagine turning up with a dead klan member you've hit in the dead of night, cross embers barely orange.  "Deep fry that would you mate?"

'Wrong place, sir. The RoadKKKill Cafe is two blocks further down on the far right'

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 06, 2020, 11:16:40 PM
Stuff adjacent to this is taking off, a couple of people at work have been axe throwing, there's some place that does it but also has a bit with old printers and electronics you can go all office space on. Which I thought was depressingly wasteful.
Axe throwing is the perfect choice to answer this thread. It was...alright?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: kngen on February 07, 2020, 02:49:18 PM
'Wrong place, sir. The RoadKKKill Cafe is two blocks further down on the far right'

Just a cheeseburger then please.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteWhy take the trouble to condition yourself to tolerate conditions that are entirely avoidable?

Why leave the cave?

If you take the philosophy that anything outside your comfort zone is intolerable then you're no better than a toddler, or a retired German.

Probably unfair on retired Germans, as they at least try, even if the upshot is that every weekend thousands of white haired people disembark coaches, grimace at buildings and clog up cafés complaining about everything.

The acquired taste of olives isn't one I've mastered either (though I quite like black ones, the green ones still seem a bit strong and bitter). It's not like it took me 5 years to get to this point though. I had some on 6 or 7 occasions and gradually liked olives a bit more. Same with kidney beans, and bumming.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 07, 2020, 02:58:56 PM
Why leave the cave?

If you take the philosophy that anything outside your comfort zone is intolerable then you're no better than a toddler, or a retired German.

Probably unfair on retired Germans, as they at least try, even if the upshot is that every weekend thousands of white haired people disembark coaches, grimace at buildings and clog up cafés complaining about everything.

The acquired taste of olives isn't one I've mastered either (though I quite like black ones, the green ones still seem a bit strong and bitter). It's not like it took me 5 years to get to this point though. I had some on 6 or 7 occasions and gradually liked olives a bit more. Same with kidney beans, and bumming.

I'm happy to go outside the comfort zone if there's a benefit. I'm failing to see one.

Who wants to be reminded of family in the bog. The best thing about it is they cease to exist.

Quote from: Cerys on February 07, 2020, 02:29:14 PM
Have you considered producing a nude self-portrait, signed in large friendly letters?

Well, I'm no Van Gogh or Rolf Harris but I gave it my best shot.

Marner and Me

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 06, 2020, 10:51:21 PM
Long time since I've had one, but Twinkies always tasted like an even more artificial version of those little sponge rolls with the cream and jam filling (were they Kipling's, or another make?).

Most American confectionary is awful though, and they haven't got a fucking clue when it comes to chocolate - even their top-end artisan stuff isn't much better than decent cooking chocolate over here.  Having said that, I am VERY partial to most Reese's products, fully acknowledging how appalling they otherwise are.
American sweets and chocolate are dire.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

In the main, yes, but I will stand up for Reece's sweets. A 50/50 mix of fat and sugar has been shown to be horribly addictive, and Reece gets it spot on.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 07, 2020, 03:49:52 PM
In the main, yes, but I will stand up for Reece's sweets. A 50/50 mix of fat and sugar has been shown to be horribly addictive, and Reece gets it spot on.

Yep.  The chocolate is fucking horrible and the peanut "butter" has a really odd texture.  But something about them just works.  Lightning in a bottle I reckon.

Cerys

Shit Good Nose

Cerys

Cerys

Shit Good Nose

Snapping your banjo string means something completely different to some men.

Cerys

Shit Good Nose

It was more for the benefit of those chaps who've never known a banjo string.  They don't know how lucky they are.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 07, 2020, 03:45:33 PM
American sweets and chocolate are dire.

Someone at work bought a thing of mini Hershey's back from their honeymoon and I was dumbfounded at how shit they were, somehow worse than the cheap shite you get in advent calendars.

Cardenio I

honeychile

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 07, 2020, 03:28:14 AM
What sort of cunt orders a plaice from a chippy? It's haddock or cod. Plaice may be on the menu, but under no account are you meant to actually order it. It's against chip rules.

Cunt goes into an ice-cream parlour and orders a triple-scoop of vanilla.

That's you, that is.

honeychile

Cunt walks into a multiple award-winning gelateria in Verona and asks for a fucking 99.

bgmnts

Quote from: honeychile on February 07, 2020, 10:07:25 PM
Cunt walks into a multiple award-winning gelateria in Verona and asks for a fucking 99.

That's brilliant actually, pure fuck you.