Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Schofield likes it in the broom cupboard

Started by Huxleys Babkins, February 07, 2020, 10:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

I'm irritated by the faulty internal logic of this We Buy Any Car ad, where the 'joke' that Phil is gormlessly attempting to sell a kids car is undermined by the fact that the other cars in the dealership are clearly cardboard cut outs, and not even cardboard cutouts that look any more realistic or notably bigger than Phil's toy car. So really this dealership should be jumping at the chance to buy Phil's car, seeing as unlike the entirely 2D fake cars they otherwise stock, it actually has three dimensions and some degree of facility as a conveyance.

https://youtu.be/ou7BnlQJN8U

idunnosomename

I think the advert is using Platonist epistemology. Phil's car represents merely the idea of a toy car, but the cars in the background, while clearly only representations, they still reflect a true car in all its carness.

Shaky

This news has alerted me to the fact that he's known as "Schofe" on Twitter and maybe even elsewhere. Fucking disgusting.

Blumf

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 11, 2020, 10:38:04 AM
I think the advert is using Platonist epistemology. Phil's car represents merely the idea of a toy car, but the cars in the background, while clearly only representations, they still reflect a true car in all its carness.

So, if Phil had boys chained up in his cellar, and all they could see were the shadows of cars, toy or otherwise, he might have to engage in a dialogue with Old Plod.

phantom_power

It's funny how Schofield comes out as gay and suddenly there are anonymous people on Twitter saying he is a paedophile. Even less funny that people are retweeting and reposting it

Quote from: phantom_power on February 11, 2020, 11:33:38 AM
It's funny how Schofield comes out as gay and suddenly there are anonymous people on Twitter saying he is a paedophile. Even less funny that people are retweeting and reposting it

Yes but they're not just conflating gay and paedo as a general thing.  There seems grounds for prima facie suspicion over his relations with this McGreevy character.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 11, 2020, 11:36:56 AM
Yes but they're not just conflating gay and paedo as a general thing.  There seems grounds for prima facie suspicion over his relations with this McGreevy character.

Has this Greevy fella actually said he was groomed by Schofield?

phantom_power

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 11, 2020, 11:36:56 AM

It is slightly shit the fact he had some sort of undetermined relationship with a boy/man is cause for concern amongst some people. It is like people are looking for "evidence" to fit the crime they have already decided he is guilty of

Noonling

I am usually all for jumping on the "BURN THE PAEDO, WE DON'THE NEED NO EVIDENCE" bus but on this occasion it does just seem like a stretch.

Anyway, it's great to see Twitter going from "Pfft, it's 2020, coming out isn't brave" to "PAEDO PHIL WENT TO A RESTAURANT WITH A 22 YEAR OLD CHILD!"

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: phantom_power on February 11, 2020, 11:48:10 AMIt is slightly shit the fact he had some sort of undetermined relationship with a boy/man is cause for concern amongst some people. It is like people are looking for "evidence" to fit the crime they have already decided he is guilty of

I'd like to think I'm not.  I had no problem with him coming out as gay, was quite happy for him, and when somebody was cynical about the "Why now?  Which paper was gonna out him?" question I posted a rebuttal quote.

Also:

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 09, 2020, 03:46:10 AM
Quote from: pancreas on February 09, 2020, 01:37:25 AM
Have we sorted this out yet?

Is it okay or is it not okay?

Of course it's bloody ok. :-)

Which is, I guess, why I've been so pissed off to find that actually yes, there was an ulterior motive to the timing... and potentially a quite dodgy one as well.  Even if he's done nothing illegal (and it's entirely possible that he hasn't, depending on what, if any, DMs etc. were exchanged while the lad was underage), such an age gap still leaves a bad taste in the mouth (no innuendo intended but I can't find a better way to put that).

I didn't go looking for any evidence, just reacting to what's being posted.

I do agree that it's giving the homophobes on Twitter a field day though, which as I also said earlier, is a huge shame.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 11, 2020, 12:25:23 AM
The first tweet is from someone who only joined twitter in the last couple of weeks, has only tweeted twice and has the following for a profile pic.

Point taken about the profile pic, however it's not surprising that someone might want to join Twitter with a fresh profile if they're about to tweet illegally (if what they say is true).

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Noonling on February 11, 2020, 12:21:28 PM
I am usually all for jumping on the "BURN THE PAEDO, WE DON'THE NEED NO EVIDENCE" bus but on this occasion it does just seem like a stretch.

Anyway, it's great to see Twitter going from "Pfft, it's 2020, coming out isn't brave" to "PAEDO PHIL WENT TO A RESTAURANT WITH A 22 YEAR OLD CHILD!"

I fucking SAID this would turn into a nonce thread.

"Oh nooooo, don't be a silly Rodney plonker" you all said "you're clearly imagining it in your sick little mind" and then you all walked around me in a circle pointing and laughing like I was the village idiot.

AND NOW LOOK - pages and pages and pages of Phil staring at two bald children, saying how big his tool is, sharing ad space with Jim'll, and dating overage kids.

GAWWWW!

BlodwynPig

Jim'll advertised trains
Glitter advertised tuk tuks
Phil advertised car insurance

Cerys

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 11, 2020, 12:36:53 PM
Jim'll advertised trains
Glitter advertised tuk tuks
Phil advertised car insurance

This doesn't look good for Thora.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cerys on February 11, 2020, 12:41:22 PM
This doesn't look good for Thora.

*mind melts*

"'nother boiled sweet for Toby? There you go little man, fetch the rhubarb and custard from our special place. Ngggghhhhmmmmm"

touchingcloth

Dex Sawash

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 11, 2020, 08:49:29 AM
https://www.webuyanycar.com/soschofield/

He's adorable, a man of his word, and who can forbear that iconic hair?

He ruts like a bull, this burglar of turds, but his line's drawn where they've not yet pube hair.

Noonling

From my own glance around the internet, it looks like The Knights of Music starring Philip Schofield was started around March 2011 (that's the date the Twitter account was made, and the same month McGreevy got followed by Schofield), which is a touring production created and produced by Simon Schofield (no relation). Simon is referred to as Matthew McGreevy's mentor in a news article, and appears to be the founder of The 2 Faced Theatre Company, which Philip is a patron of.

Whether that makes it a plus or a minus to the grooming story I don't know, but my inclination is to say...Eh. Just because you vaguely know a teenager doesn't mean you groomed them; if they did have a relationship there's nothing to suggest it started in the guy's teens.

fake EDIT: Ok, here's a gossip site's things. Doesn't look great for "Schofe", but I also don't think its quite damning.

Or maybe I just really don't want another gay to turn out to be a nonce

Cuellar

Wait this kid crowdfunded £500 to move to London?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Noonling on February 11, 2020, 06:04:22 PMfake EDIT: Ok, here's a gossip site's things. Doesn't look great for "Schofe", but I also don't think its quite damning.

If that showreel stuff is true it doesn't look good. :-(

Quote from: Noonling on February 11, 2020, 06:04:22 PMOr maybe I just really don't want another gay to turn out to be a nonce

Trust me, I know the feeling.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 10, 2020, 02:32:28 PM
My cousin tried reefer for the very first time, if that helps.

This deserves more credit.

Jollity

I would only start to take any gossip seriously if it came from a reputable source, like the supposed victim himself, or perhaps the police. I'm not going to take the word of some obscure far-right YouTube channel as verified fact. Enough people spread and believed all sorts of gossip from disreputable places during the Yewtree thing, and most of that never went anywhere. Not saying it's impossible, just saying some people are suspiciously fast to believe paedophile rumours about a gay man being spread by Nazis.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 11, 2020, 12:25:57 PM

"Oh nooooo, don't be a silly Rodney plonker" you all said "you're clearly imagining it in your sick little mind" and then you all walked around me in a circle pointing and laughing like I was the village idiot.

AND NOW LOOK - pages and pages and pages of Phil staring at two bald children, saying how big his tool is, sharing ad space with Jim'll, and dating overage kids.

GAWWWW!

gotta admit you were right about this one

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blumf on February 11, 2020, 11:15:29 AM
So, if Phil had boys chained up in his cellar, and all they could see were the shadows of cars, toy or otherwise, he might have to engage in a dialogue with Old Plod.
plato just came up with all that so socrates would let him put his dick between his legs

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 11, 2020, 12:25:57 PM

They all turn into nonce threads by the time CAB's finished with them.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 11, 2020, 07:29:51 PM
This deserves more credit.

I gave it a knowing chuckle, not sure what more credit can possibly be had

lankyguy95

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 11, 2020, 11:34:45 PM
I gave it a knowing chuckle, not sure what more credit can possibly be had
Didn't even masturbate to it? Pathetic.

Ferris

pcsjwgm

SCHOFIELD EXCLUSIVE: New Sun Chief Newton 'Blackmailed' Phillip Schofield to Come Out Live on TV
https://www.bylineinvestigates.com/murdoch/2020/3/9/schofield-exclusive-new-sun-chief-newton-blackmailed-phillip-schofield-to-come-out-live-on-t

... which seems to contradict:
QuoteHOLLY WILLOUGHBY: ... it's really important to stress as well that you haven't had your hand forced here at all ...

PHILLIP SCHOFIELD: ... it's my decision.

HOLLY WILLOUGHBY: ... this is your decision.

PHILLIP SCHOFIELD: This is my decision, this is absolutely my decision. It was something I knew that I had to do.

- This Morning, ITV, 7 February, 2020
https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/sun/12060798