Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:06:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Tin of Monster with the Lads

Started by touchingcloth, February 07, 2020, 07:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

One of the things you can order from our local cinema alongside Revels and popcorn are those enormous cans of Monster.

Is there a place where an energy boost is less needed than sat on your arse for three hours in front of a Marvel? And, say did you ever notice, what's the deal with energy drinks anyway?

Sebastian Cobb

Mine has a cafe and there's often people buying coffee to take in.

They also sell Budvar though, so I tend to buy that.

touchingcloth

It's just Budweiser. They've rebadged it, you fool.

imitationleather

If you drink your Budvar incorrectly some lads watching you on tellies in a shed in Stockley Park tell you to have another but to do it correctly this time!!! At least that's what I tell the barman!!! When I'm having my tenth one!!! Bantz!!!

Consignia

You can also get those massive slush puppy type things full o sugar and e-numbers, which sets them about perfectly for sitting quiet for a couple hours and taking in the film.

imitationleather

Quote from: Consignia on February 07, 2020, 07:58:49 PM
You can also get those massive slush puppy type things full o sugar and e-numbers, which sets them about perfectly for sitting quiet for a couple hours and taking in the film.

Indeed. It's pretty ridiculous that the perfect cinema foods (valium, Xanax, klonopin, rohypnol - any tranquiliser, basically) are not available from the concessions stand and instead you have to sneak them in yourself past the nosy ushers.

Consignia

You're not even allowed to date rape in a cinema these days.

Sebastian Cobb

What I don't like about cinemas these days is the passive-aggressive tone when asking people to behave.

'we want you, the audience, to have the best experience. You have a vital role in this, please do not talk or use your phone'.

Back in the UCI days it was 'fags? phone? PACK IT IN'.

imitationleather

I like going to the cinema until they turn the big telly on and interrupt your fun with that noisy crap for two hours. Cinemas were far better before they had those installed!

petril

I never liked the cinema because they'd never flick Ceefax on during the duller bits to get a quick check on the latest scores

Blumf

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 07, 2020, 07:48:05 PM
Is there a place where an energy boost is less needed than sat on your arse for three hours in front of a Marvel? And, say did you ever notice, what's the deal with energy drinks anyway?

I almost passed out with the sheer effort of maintaining my rage at The Rise of Skywalker. Fortunately, shotgunning several cans of Monster enabled me to make it to the end of the film with my fists fully clenched and my veins popping.

Clownbaby

Monster is shite, Relentless is better, but they all smell like someone burped up some sweets. Not sweets. Burped up sweets.

Don't buy a bastarding thing at the cinema other than your ticket if you like still having some money

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I once drank two cans of Monster in quick succession.

Every thought that came into my mind I said out loud.

Smells like the inside of your nan's bathroom cabinet.

My local Odeon's started selling whole pizzas to take in, which seems excessive.

Glebe

Ian Drunken Smurf

Monster is all a bit Mark François.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Ian Drunken Smurf on February 08, 2020, 06:02:50 AM
Monster is all a bit Mark François.

Monster is the classical pronunciation of Mark Francois.

flotemysost

Does anyone remember Pussy? As in the energy drink with the lolbantz name?

I remember they had a stand giving out free samples at my uni Freshers fair, free pussy lads, get yerself some pussy, wheeyyy

Never actually tried it but I imagine it tasted like all energy drinks, battery acid and artificial sweeteners that you just know will give you the galloping shits the next day, and possibly more serious health complications a few years down the line. Not all that different to its namesake then eh

imitationleather

Cocaine was the most bantz name for an energy drink.

flotemysost

If Pussy was the LADBible (pre-#metoo) of mid-00s energy drinks, surely Relentless was the self-harming emo kid.

non capisco

I want to know what the energy drink was that I saw on sale just the once in a newsagent in Finsbury Park that had a picture of Che Guevara on the front. All the energy of a Marxist revolutionary guerrilla leader....trapped in a can!

NoSleep

Quote from: non capisco on February 08, 2020, 10:41:20 AM
I want to know what the energy drink was that I saw on sale just the once in a newsagent in Finsbury Park that had a picture of Che Guevara on the front. All the energy of a Marxist revolutionary guerrilla leader....trapped in a can!

Energy drinks can help your concentration, so that's probably the reason they're on sale. Like giving ritalin to everyone.

Flatulent Fox

Surprised they sell cans,as watering down drinks is a major cinenema trick of the trade.

Don't drink too much or you'll be a bit too pacey like in that moviefilm kRANK: HigH voLTAGe™

Dex Sawash

Just introduced Coca Cola Energy

Coke Energy would have been a better name but the cartels probably would have been angry

magval

Quote from: flotemysost on February 08, 2020, 10:08:58 AM
Does anyone remember Pussy? As in the energy drink with the lolbantz name?

I remember in some stores it was censored - the tin itself read P***Y. Home Bargains in Worcester had the last laugh by having the shelf strip label read PUSSY in capitals, anyway.

Quote from: Dex Sawash on February 08, 2020, 11:54:45 AM
Just introduced Coca Cola Energy

Had some of this last summer. It's awful.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Selling coca cola, even watered down, in 1.5l measures should not just be banned, there should be civic unrest where vats of the stuff are emptied in town squares. And then the pillaging can start. The lovely, lovely pillaging.

Shit Good Nose

Just what we've all been waiting for - all the taste of Eric Hall, in a can.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on February 08, 2020, 11:29:10 AM
Surprised they sell cans,as watering down drinks is a major cinenema trick of the trade.

Is that by the house or by the staff selling it? As I've heard from someone who used to work in a club dropping a pint of water into the coke syrup then pocketing every nth drink was a good way to make cash on the side.

kalowski

The Everyman near me allows you to buy and eat a fucking pizza whilst watching the film. Needless to say, I haven't been.