Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:22:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New job: met a strange guy

Started by kalowski, February 07, 2020, 11:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

So I started a new job today and met a guy called Stephen just like me. Except he is called Steven. You know, the Protestant spelling. Claimed he knew nothing about that, saying he was named after 12 Years a Slave director Steve McQueen. I'm not having that. I think he's older than McQueen and why would a white bloke be named after a black film maker?
Anyway, he gave me all sorts of nonsense about not knowing about the proper, Catholic spelling of Stephen, nor his diabolical, heathen version. I told him we were "at war" and when he wasn't looking I pissed into his coffee cup

Anyone else meet strange name weirdos today?

Stephen.

Sherman Krank

That reminds me of a guy I used to know called Séamas O'Boyne. I used to see him all the time cutting about Partick wearing his favourite emerald green and royal blue shell suit. Then I didn't see him for a while and eventually heard that he'd returned home to Botswana to build a Synagog.
His dad knew Steve McQueen's uncle.

Jockice

Shaun Murphy. A rasta. Although that wasn't today.  Haven't seen him for years.

Shit Good Nose

Wow, sounds like a right old cunt.  I'd punch him right in the tits and then boot him in the bollocks for good measure.

Incidentally, my tea had a weird taste and smell to it the other day - you know how like a good brie has a slight ammonia whiff to it? 

Probably nothing.

SteK

We've got a Ciaron in our office - I know how to say but I just can't - comes out as Keiran every time...

Don't start me on Tadhg or when I though Enda was Edna and a she.....

I'm a Stephen but I'm C of E born to a (very lapsed) Catholic father and Anglican mother. Never heard the Stephen/Steven sectarian thing..

holyzombiejesus

My brother-in-law's uncle is called Paddy Murphy but he's from Stoke. Once the police stopped him when he was drunk and when he gave them his name they had him up against a wall for lying to them.

Hearing the thread title as a blues number: 'I got a new job (der-ner-ner-ner).  I met a strange guy (der-ner-ner-ner)...'