Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:33:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mad wind.

Started by bgmnts, February 08, 2020, 12:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

No, I haven't just had a tin of beans, this storm should be coming soon and it's already getting a fair wind outside my home. Now my area is representative of the whole UK but want to know how everyone is getting on, are you all okay? Stocked for the weekend? Going outside may kill you.

Cerys

Going outside may always kill you.  You could be decapitated by a low-flying cormorant within yards of your door.  It happens.

Sin Agog

It's surreal living in a house after being on a boat for over a decade.  I...don't have to care about the weather anymore now I'm no longer a floating pleb.

Annie Labuntur

Saturday night and Sunday will be the worst. Seems like the whole of the UK have a weather warning, with a higher amber alert for South-East England #prayforLondon

shiftwork2

Fence blew down last year, put off fixing it.  Procrastination blinder

bgmnts

Quote from: Cerys on February 08, 2020, 12:14:29 AM
Going outside may always kill you.  You could be decapitated by a low-flying cormorant within yards of your door.  It happens.

Now imagine that cormorant flying on a gust of 100mph wind, deadly.

Cerys

Imagine two cormorants.  High speed pincer decapitation by two cormorants.  Imagine that.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Sin Agog on February 08, 2020, 12:19:58 AM
It's surreal living in a house after being on a boat for over a decade.  I...don't have to care about the weather anymore now I'm no longer a floating pleb.
where did you live on a boat? What kind? /nosey

I wanted to live on a boat as a way of having my own place but it never happened.

marquis_de_sad

BREAKING: Experts believe that the air content of Storm Ciara will likely be made of up to 50% coronavirus vapours. The MET Office has advised anyone venturing outdoors to make significant savings on their breathing.

steve98

We should all be making significant reductions in our breathing output all the time; it shouldn't take a big storm to ram that home to us.

Ray Travez

SLAMMED IN THE BUTT BY A BIG GAY AMERICAN STORM

weekender

Quote from: Ray Travez on February 08, 2020, 01:41:56 AM
SLAMMED IN THE BUTT BY A BIG GAY AMERICAN STORM

Well, it is the Oscars soon.

JesusAndYourBush

A few nights ago it was windy and I heard what sounded like a tree falling down, but next morning when I looked there were no fallen trees.

Cerys

Probably felt embarrassed and got back up again.

C_Larence

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 08, 2020, 02:13:45 AM
A few nights ago it was windy and I heard what sounded like a tree falling down, but next morning when I looked there were no fallen trees.

If a tree doesn't fall in the woods but someone hears it, did it really not fall?

Captain Crunch

I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When trampolines run in circles it's a very very
Mad wind.

Shit Good Nose

It's currently a lovely calm and mild day here in near-Bath - me and Little Nose have been to the park this morning.  But I'm not some denying Duncan - spent the last twenty minutes checking ours and our elderly neighbours' gardens to make sure anything that's blow-awayable and/or likely to cause damage if picked up by the wind is either stowed away or tied/weighed down.

A tad concerned about our shed as it is on its last legs and our neighbours on the other side park their car right next to it.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 08, 2020, 11:57:50 AM

A tad concerned about our shed as it is on its last legs...

Bit odd.

Shit Good Nose

But it is on legs, right? I'll be so disappointed if it's not. :(

BlodwynPig

I just saw a wind shove another wind into a lake

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on February 08, 2020, 12:05:16 PM
But it is on legs, right? I'll be so disappointed if it's not. :(

Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but...they were amputated at birth...

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 08, 2020, 12:14:24 PM
I just saw a wind shove another wind into a lake

Was there a smaller wind stood behind the wind that did the shoving, waving a cloudy fist and going "yeeeeaaaahhhhh"?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 08, 2020, 12:20:59 PM

Was there a smaller wind stood behind the wind that did the shoving, waving a cloudy fist and going "yeeeeaaaahhhhh"?

Yeh, litte sneering gust

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 08, 2020, 12:22:31 PM
Yeh, litte sneering gust

Always the worst kind of winds.  Not that I'm windest, or anything.  Some of my best friends are small winds.

Butchers Blind

Two wind turbines in a field. One asks, "What's your favorite music?" The other says, "Well...I'm a huge metal fan"

Feel free to add your favourite wind related jokes.

José

actually, the gary jules version is shite.