Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mad wind.

Started by bgmnts, February 08, 2020, 12:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingers

Here we have very wet turbulence, whistling and groaning and the odd terrifying gust (uncle Graham is staying over)

Icehaven

There's a Kwik Fit opposite my flat and one of their bins has blown over. The other one is currently still upright but I'll keep you posted.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on February 09, 2020, 11:24:59 AM
There's a Kwik Fit opposite my flat and one of their bins has blown over. The other one is currently still upright but I'll keep you posted.

Be a good citizen and place them somewhere safe. Otherwise you are part of the problem, a mad wind.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on February 09, 2020, 11:11:32 AM
There's one casualty already from Storm Ciara. Big Questions on BBC One off air for 5 minutes because of technical difficulties.

I turned off as soon as that economics TWAT started speaking - mad wind may not be so bad after all

Shit Good Nose

Apparently a tree has come down up on the main road.  Quietly hoping it will still be there tomorrow so I can't get to work.

imitationleather

Quote from: buttgammon on February 09, 2020, 09:20:16 AM
Is this a website for people to invent fake tropical storms? Seriously? Why?

You've gotta have a hobby.

Icehaven

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 09, 2020, 11:25:50 AM
Be a good citizen and place them somewhere safe. Otherwise you are part of the problem, a mad wind.

It's one of those huge industrial ones and they're open anyway so they can do it themselves. Which interestingly they still haven't, and there's rubbish merrily blowing around their forecourt.

Brian Freeze

Just driven east to west over the pennines on the M62. Fuck me that was rough.. Never seen it that bad. It wasnt standing water, it was small rivers in many places. 40 was plenty for lots of the journey.

Sebastian Cobb

It was pretty bad earlier. Deadly silent now. Am I in the eye of the storm?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 09, 2020, 01:17:12 PM
It was pretty bad earlier. Deadly silent now. Am I in the eye of the storm?

Either that or you've gone deaf.

BlodwynPig

Bird house still standing and big rock on top still holding the roof down

holyzombiejesus

We were woken twice in the night by flood sirens, really horrible eerie things, basically WW2 air raid sirens repurposed so people can get their sandbags out. All roads out of town are closed and my wife can't get hold of any icing sugar. Oh, we've just found out we've got 3 leaks too.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 09, 2020, 01:21:04 PM
Bird house still standing and big rock on top still holding the roof down

Squashed bird still dead under the rock as well?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 09, 2020, 01:28:40 PM
Squashed bird still dead under the rock as well?

The birds haven't really taken to this super posh house that I FUCKING BUILT FOR THEM. Loads of seeds in their for weeks seemingly untouched despite the days I have been here in daylight seeing birds going in and birds going out

Shit Good Nose

Just goes to prove what we've all known deep down for years - birds are ungrateful cunts.  Never had a single one come over and say thanks or give me a fist bump for all the wild animal grade seed and mealworms I've put out for them.  GAWWW!

Just got off the phone with my mum, apparently my dad has been blown into a tree, and they don't know how to get him down. Not surprised really, he's a very slight man, and he won't use the anchor we bought him.

I think the gust that just this moment happened here (East Kent) officially qualifies as JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: sick as a pike on February 09, 2020, 03:19:57 PM
I think the gust that just this moment happened here (East Kent) officially qualifies as JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Probs the same one we had here on the West side of the country a little while ago (it was going your way).  Yes - mental.  Amazed none of the elm trees at the bottom of our garden came down in that.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 09, 2020, 01:29:55 PM
The birds haven't really taken to this super posh house that I FUCKING BUILT FOR THEM. Loads of seeds in their for weeks seemingly untouched despite the days I have been here in daylight seeing birds going in and birds going out

You and I have a very different definition of the word posh.

Sin Agog

Some guy's hat blew right across the road and straight into my chest earlier.  I gave it back to him and said, "CAB?"  He quickly bunged it back onto his bonce and replied: "CAB."

weekender

A small fence has fallen over in Walsall.

wooders1978

My wheelie bin is inside my house

weekender

Was it blown in by the wind?  That could be an interesting story.

Pdine

Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

Kryton

I've got to walk and work in this weather. Already seen two trees blown over, fucking drenched.

Sebastian Cobb

It was rattling the extractor flaps in my en suite so it was.

Butchers Blind

A drainpipe has fallen down and two bins have gone over.  End times.

Cuellar

3 dead near me, this is NOT funny guys

Brian Freeze

Just had thunders and lightning followed by an extremely vigourous hail burst. Car alarms going off all over the shop.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on February 09, 2020, 04:56:23 PM
3 dead near me, this is NOT funny guys

Pray for the dead bluster, gust and squall