Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Back pain from hell

Started by kalowski, February 08, 2020, 05:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Travez

Last time I had very bad back pain I bought some crutches for a fiver from a charity shop, helped a lot. Also I had to quit sleeping on my front for good.

oy vey

Quote from: checkoutgirl on February 10, 2020, 01:53:00 PM
Be careful though because you can die from drinking loads and loads of water.

True that. Tons for me = 2-2.5 litres = proper amount for most humans regardless of health issues. Stay well hydrated, I should have said.

I don't think Kalowski sounds like he's too bad, so he can hopefully ignore the more paranoid advice above. If it clears he can skip anything like an MRI. Most back damage is cumulative so you any fucking around you do will add up and it's hard to reverse.

A few years ago I knackered by back while deadlifting and although it was very painful at least I could say I did it doing something dead butch. A few months later (actually on Christmas Day) I reinjured it picking up an empty plastic bucket - just as painful but with added embarrassment. On both occasions I found prescription strength (30/500) Co-codamol to be pretty effective at taking the edge off. I also nicked some of my mother's Tramadol - even better.

kalowski

Have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so hopefully can get something to help stop the spasmsz they fucking kill. It is slightly better, but my movement is still badly limited. Shoes and socks are a nightmare.

Interesting aside: my doctor's appointment is for 6.40am. Part of a new early service!

kalowski

Looking back at this thread, and considering I had a month of this in 2022 and woke up this morning in excruciating pain looks like I have a chronic back injury.
Hopefully that tumor madhair mentioned so I can die and get rid of this pain.