Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:10:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The What Non-New Films Have You Seen 2020 thread is a sticky ^

Started by Shit Good Nose, February 08, 2020, 07:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

Just thought I'd point this out, as the thread seems to be moving a LOT slower than it ever used to, so was wondering if peeps are missing it.  It's just up there, stickied.

That is all.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Shit Good Nose

I bet they are, you dirty old bollocks, Aliens, Legend Gary, grave etc.

The Holy Mountain (1973, Alejandro Jodorowsky). Saw this at the cinema this weekend, here's the trailer which in no way does it justice: https://youtu.be/I1erfq2TrbE

Didn't know what to expect going in, just knew it was a weird '70s film and that kind of thing can easily be impenetrable, dated and boring to modern eyes. Well, it was impenetrable in parts, dated in others but thankfully it was never boring.

Genuinely psychedelic, odd, unnerving, ridiculous but with a plot and sense of humour. Features the line 'I have completed my sanctuary  of 1000 testicles'.

Not for everyone but I thought it was great in its absolute uniqueness and ability to surprise.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Wentworth Smith on February 19, 2020, 10:16:58 AM
The Holy Mountain (1973, Alejandro Jodorowsky). Saw this at the cinema this weekend, here's the trailer which in no way does it justice: https://youtu.be/I1erfq2TrbE

Didn't know what to expect going in, just knew it was a weird '70s film and that kind of thing can easily be impenetrable, dated and boring to modern eyes. Well, it was impenetrable in parts, dated in others but thankfully it was never boring.

Genuinely psychedelic, odd, unnerving, ridiculous but with a plot and sense of humour. Features the line 'I have completed my sanctuary  of 1000 testicles'.

Not for everyone but I thought it was great in its absolute uniqueness and ability to surprise.

CHECK OUT THIS DUNCE

I too saw Holy Mountain and enjoyed it. I saw Fando Y Lis last week and thought it was a bit of an unfathomable mess though.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Wentworth Smith on February 19, 2020, 10:16:58 AM

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 19, 2020, 12:59:52 PM
CHECK OUT THIS DUNCE

I too saw Holy Mountain and enjoyed it. I saw Fando Y Lis last week and thought it was a bit of an unfathomable mess though.

I've taken these to the other (correct) thread...