Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:07:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kengan Ashura

Started by bgmnts, February 09, 2020, 11:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Has anyone else watched this yet? It's on Netflix.

It's a mental anime about a secret cabal of businessmen who settle disputes and business deals by having fighters fight in durls. Basically Fight Club with Japanese Zaibatsus.
A proper testosterone fest that fucking loves fighting!

Its quite fun and I really like the animation, it looks quite slick and stylish but I know nothing about animation. Would deffo recommend based on the first two episodes.

Consignia

I'm tempted by it. I quite enjoyed Baki the Grappler, which is of similar ilk on Netflix (until it starts throwing random people from a much larger scope than of the adaptation) and I did like "How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift?" (which is allegedly set in the same universe, but I doubt has much similiarities).

However, I can't get past the CGI. I can't stand Japanese CGI, it always looks terribly janky and lo-fi.

bgmnts

Quote from: Consignia on February 09, 2020, 01:46:47 PM
However, I can't get past the CGI. I can't stand Japanese CGI, it always looks terribly janky and lo-fi.

I can understand that but I quite like it, I haven't seen much of it before.

Consignia

Seriously though, have you seen Baki? If you like this, it's cut from the very same cloth.

bgmnts

If its on Netflix i'll give it a go after this.  Cheers!

bgmnts

No! There's only two seasons (sorry Netflix, Parts). Fucking blue balls or what!?

Suppose i'll try this Baki to fill the Kengan void in my heart.

bgmnts

Almost finished Baki, it's utter fucking insanity and I enjoyed it but i'm unsure if the pacing is off or if its just slow because it feels like nothing gets accomplished until the end of the first season.

bgmnts

Bit of a pointless necropost but for anyone interested in Baki, the next season is coming on Netflix on June 4th.

Consignia

Yeah, looks like it's going to be more of a standard tournament than first series, which interests than me less than needless violent random street fights with assorted psychos in Tokyo. Will still watch it eventually, though.