Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Vale: Criminally overlooked youtube cartoon set in Ebbw Vale

Started by Misspent Boners, February 09, 2020, 02:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

I think it's a bit unfair to have a pop at me for criticising it. It's not like I just said "this is bad", I've given detailed and valid reasons.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 15, 2020, 07:52:59 PM
I think it's a bit unfair to have a pop at me for criticising it. It's not like I just said "this is bad", I've given detailed and valid reasons.

Yeah fair enough...I just think when it boils down to "I think this is really funny" "well I think it isnt"...theres only so much of a discussion worth having. Subjectivity

That said, yes I am aware that this being a forum for discussing and critiquing comedy is an incredibly stupid thing to say so sorry for any offence 🙃 as a token of apology I've emailed the creators and attached an image of that weird funny demonoid you saw scribbled on the wall, hes going to play an integral part in the new series as Tony's imaginary sidekick I'm happy to say !!!

I think I will go to the premiere in Kongs with a couple of people, if anyone is nearby and has survived the floods let me know if you go!

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Misspent Boners on February 16, 2020, 09:58:19 PM
as a token of apology I've emailed the creators and attached an image of that weird funny demonoid you saw scribbled on the wall, hes going to play an integral part in the new series as Tony's imaginary sidekick I'm happy to say !!!

lol you bloody didn't did you

spaghetamine

I enjoyed this, not laugh out loud funny but the characterization felt very real and despite the very basic animation (or perhaps because of?) I felt immersed in the world of small town crappiness.

Just making those who enjoyed this aware; the first episode of series 2 will be going up on YouTube tonight(27th) at 7pm according to Facebook :)

I know this is a bit of an unprecedented bit of information, but I think in these unprecedented times it's fair to say that we are living in very unprecedented times right now, so although u unprecedented I'd just like to say that this is unprecedented. Unprecedented. Unprecedented. Unprecedented.

Zutroy

I went to the premier of the season in Cardiff a few weeks ago and they showed the first 3 episodes and this recap featuring CaB favourite Bernard Manning - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdr49PKtSMs  .

You may think I'd be slightly bias being from Ebbw Vale myself but I genuinely feel this is one of the best comedy shows I have ever seen. The scene from the job centre in the first series floored me and it was great to see that it is an EXACT drawing of the real job centre in Ebbw.

The episodes I saw in the pub were great and went down really well with the crowd. I am looking forward to watching these again and hopefully catching a few more jokes that I may have missed due to a slight audio issue.

astrozombie

Hey everyone, I'm Adam, the creator/animator of "The Vale".

I read all of this thread the other day and it was lovely to see so many of you enjoyed it! I know it's a bit weird to post in your own thread but I have no publicity/promotion budget so here goes.

Series 2 starts up tonight at 7pm, episodes 1-3 will be going up weekly at the same time, all on for scheduled release. I am currently drawing episode 5, have yet to edit episode 4 and then will be racing to get episode 6 done. There will likely be a break between episode 3 and 4 is what I'm getting at.

But anyhow. Thanks a massive bunch for watching them and taking the time to write your thoughts, made me smile.

fatguyranting

alan nagsworth

Pay no attention to all the people in this thread who slagged off your show, Adam. They're just jealous.

QDRPHNC

Hey I remember you! Great stuff, looking forward to the new ones.

PowerButchi

kyema

The creepy singing at the end of that episode was spot on.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 27, 2020, 02:50:40 PM
Pay no attention to all the people in this thread who slagged off your show, Adam. They're just jealous.

"All the people"? One person by my count ☺

Yeah Bleddyn and Alan are my favourites as well,, love how ridiculously over the top Bleddyns voice actor goes with all those unintelligible groaning noises, and love how understated Alan's delivery is. That scene where he gives a passionate monologue on how he would never claim while working followed by the next scene had me in stitches

Just finishing off this Tiger King lunacy; then I'll order a takeaway with the £2 my dad left me, crack open a 2% lager and get on this :)

BritishHobo

Cheers Adam! Fucking great first episode. Think Pat's become my favourite, I can't wait to hear more of his anime knowledge.

Dewt

Strong episode astrozombie, you've still got. But as soon as you jump the shark you're fucked mate.

The autobiography title had me chuckling from the start. Felt like everything went at a slower pace; not a bad thing though! All the characters getting fleshed out and that. Rich's little mate (terrible with names) is a such a little twat. Liked his song though

BritishHobo

I can't stop watching his little whispery ramble at the end. Fucking doubled up laughing. The way he just gets quieter and quieter, and Rich's eyes flicking over in the mirror.

PowerButchi

Well watching it, Greg (I think) fancies Rich hence sniffing his arse while playing scrum half and Rich I assume being at number 8. Rich actually seems OK.

astrozombie

Hey guys, just had a read of all your replies now. Thanks very much for the kind words and our subs have gone up aswell. I know it sounds a tiny bit ambitious but... I feel we could give T-Series a run for their money if this keeps up!

Next episode is out on Friday 03/04. Will chuck a reminder in here on the day.

Thanks again.

PS
Glad you all enjoyed Greg's little song. I can assure you he gets way creepier. My mate Ballinger who voices him (aswell as Bleddyn) done a great job and only recorded Greg's lines dressed like Buffalo Bill.

BritishHobo

Second episode's on YouTube. In pain, a bit. Greg is fucking amazing. What a guy. Proper hard bloke.

Love the little touches in the dialogue, that's what I love about things like this and This Country. Just the little weird bits of phrasing. This is gonna sound daft but I really liked it when Sonia asks about anime club and she says 'I wanted to talk about One Piece when I go there next time.' She's lovely.

PowerButchi

Lol; I'm in work so havent been able to watch it yet? But if theres a cinema scene I have been drawn in as a background extra! My girlfriend is pissing herself at how accurate I look. Cant wait to watch it a bit later

BritishHobo

Quote from: PowerButchi on April 03, 2020, 08:42:55 PM
Beaton's CV was fucking golden.

Grafting!

I can't wait to see how he gets on at the call centre.

Sin Agog

Think this episode had more, and more betterer, background details and jokes than any of the others.  The suicide prevention poster being turned into an excuse to take more calls had me in particular.  Please keep these coming now that you have no excuse to slack off!

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 03, 2020, 11:32:41 PM
Grafting!

I love how he got pissed off and antagonistic even in his hypothetical call. Still got the job though so fairplay

Just realised it episode 5 in which I'll be a background character

PowerButchi

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 03, 2020, 11:32:41 PM
Grafting!

There was something about earning a can I do in it that creased me.

And Ill totally agree with the turn of phrase compliments upthread. I'm a fucker for the phrase "no word of a lie" in usual conversation, and it's that kind of chat.

Dewt

Sorry I'm bad with names so I'll be referencing most characters by descriptions.

I like how you're humanising the jock boyfriend.
I love the little pyschopath hard kid who looks to be about 5ft 1 inches tall.
In general I like this all very much

astrozombie

Hey was going to post the link the new ep but you've all been watching it. Thanks very much for the kind words, glad you all liked the episode!

Quote from: Sin Agog on April 03, 2020, 11:41:45 PM
Please keep these coming now that you have no excuse to slack off!

Next Friday episode 3 is going out at the same time and then theres going to be a gap while I finish episodes 4-6. I'm working around the clock, at present I am animating episode 5.

I am having a break today and tomorrow as Resident Evil 3 came out yesterday though.