Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:06:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

That Harley Quinn movie

Started by Dex Sawash, February 09, 2020, 11:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Fucking cares?

Trailer looks very bad.

bgmnts

Girl power!

I thought Rosie Perez was dead.

Old Nehamkin

Suicide Squad is probably in the top 3 worst blockbusters I've ever seen and this new one seems to have the word "fantabulous" in the title so gonna be a pass from me I'm afraid.

magval

Why can they get away with Fantabulous but not Fabtastic? Language eh.

Mister Six

Gulftastic

If French & Saunders were still a thing we'd be treated to a Krankies starring fandabbydosey version for their Xmas ep.

phantom_power

It's getting pretty decent reviews, and it doesn't have Hyarrrrred Yeyyyyto in it, which automatically makes it 10000000% better than Suicide Squad

Yeah, the fact that it doesn't have the damaged honka honka man is obviously a plus, but I won't be seeing it anyway because I just don't think Harley Quinn is suited to live action. The new Harley Quinn cartoon series is good, though. I would go and watch that instead if you want some Harley-related media.

Anyway. Jared Leto:

idunnosomename

holyzombiejesus

It's such a bad poster too.

I cycle past one like this every day on my way to work and that shitty logo and horrible smile always bug me.

EDIT: Only just this second got the Harley Quinn/ Harlequin thing.

idunnosomename

The botticelli one is even worse

Shit Good Nose

Mrs Nose saw it on Saturday and mostly loved it.  She absolutely hated Suicide Squad (except for Robbie) and says this is a completely different film.  Her only real complaint is that the Quinn character is still quite tame and they don't really explore her mental state much.

Pink Gregory

Is the blue shirted lady putting up her dukes actually in the film?  Why is she so far away?

up_the_hampipe

Review from Salon:

Come for the ass kicking, stay for the takedown of rape culture.

Let's go, ladies!

Gulftastic

Going on Thursday. Hope it gets a sequel so we can enjoy some Harley/Ivy frolics.

samadriel

Yeah, and Poison Ivy would be great fodder for a post-credits teaser in this one.

Famous Mortimer

Word round the campfire is it's quite decent? I haven't really hated any of the DC movies so I'm probably going to enjoy this.

phantom_power

I have disliked all of the new wave of DC movies apart from Shazam but this looks like good silly fun.

Custard

Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Joker are all decent, I reckon

Still not sat down to watch Aquaman. Watched it standing up, though. Boom tish!

Glebe

I was gonna go and see it this evening but I'm too knackered now.

Fambo Number Mive

Lots of Youtubers happy about this film allgedally not doing well and talking about SJWs etc. Do some people just hate this film because the lead characters are female? It makes me want to see it just to annoy them.

The use of film and TV to fit culture wars fascinates me.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 10, 2020, 06:40:41 PM
Aren't they the main aspect of culture that these so called wars are fought over?

Goldentony

I wanted to see this but that's the first time I saw the poster up close, why does she have am army of a kid, a teacher, someone on the bus and Striker from MK3

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 10, 2020, 09:53:33 AM
It's such a bad poster too.

I cycle past one like this every day on my way to work and that shitty logo and horrible smile always bug me.

EDIT: Only just this second got the Harley Quinn/ Harlequin thing.

The trailer I saw in the cinema had a longer title that that. *checks* Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn). They're lucky that "Films with honkingly bad titles" thread doesn't exist anymore.

Chapwithwings

It's pretty fun.  Has a very Deadpool vibe to it, albeit a bit shallower and less meta.  Given how relatively cheaply it was made, it looks visually impressive (one ropey bit of compositing aside). The actual Birds is Prey don't get a lot to do, but everyone's decent in it and McGregor's clearly having a ball doing panto villain acting. 

idunnosomename

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 10, 2020, 06:40:41 PM
Lots of Youtubers happy about this film allgedally not doing well and talking about SJWs etc. Do some people just hate this film because the lead characters are female? It makes me want to see it just to annoy them.

the culture wars thing is that the mainstream wanted Joker to fail but it was amazing visionary beautiful truth and they wanted this to succeed but its sjw cuck ass bum fart.

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 10, 2020, 08:54:58 PM
the mainstream wanted Joker

Yes, "the mainstream" absolutely hated the film that just received 11 Oscar nominations.

Due to its weak opening, American chains are changing the title to Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey.

https://batman-news.com/2020/02/10/birds-of-prey-changing-title/

phantom_power

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on February 11, 2020, 01:59:53 AM
Yes, "the mainstream" absolutely hated the film that just received 11 Oscar nominations.

There was definitely a hope that it would be rubbish before it came out, partly because of the subject matter (pity the poor white man) and partly because of dumb things the director said. That it turned out to be popular and gain Oscar acceptance is by the by

phantom_power

Quote from: Shameless Custard on February 10, 2020, 04:39:15 PM
Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Joker are all decent, I reckon

Didn't really count Joker as a DC film. Wonder Woman is better than what came before but it is still far too long, a bit incoherent and dull and with a shit baddie