Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:10:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

Started by StewartLeehaslethimselfgo, February 10, 2020, 10:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Some cheeky bugger has leaked this all over the internet web.

Glorious on second listen, maybe on par with Currents

ArtParrott

Really didn't rate Currents personally and kind of began to resent Kevin Parker in the aftermath of that album as he appeared to go a bit Mark Ronson. However I've reconciled that now with the fact that he clearly always wanted to make pop music and it took those earlier two Tame albums to get him to where he wanted to be.

Im pretty on the fence based on the pre-release songs I've heard from Slow Rush, but the stuffs still interesting nonetheless and there's no doubting he's a talented chap. Still think it's pretty rich that it's taken nearly 5 years to follow up Currents though.

ArtParrott

Quote from: StewartLeehaslethimselfgo on February 10, 2020, 10:35:43 PM
Glorious on second listen, maybe on par with Currents

Bump to eat some humble pie. I was ready to really dislike this and after my first full listen I was rather unimpressed, but on a second listen I'm shocked how much better it sounds.

Spode

Really like it on the first listen which is at odds with my usual reaction to any of his new stuff which is an immediate declaration that he's disappeared up his own arse before accepting it's my favourite song ever and listening to it repeatedly for about 6 months.

Hoping the reverse doesn't happen on the next few listens.

PaulTMA

I really admire how he's pulled off getting rid of all his psych-rock fans and replacing them with attractive people

Dr Syntax Head

I prefer the psychedelia nugaze early stuff but this is one talented boy

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on February 16, 2020, 01:25:42 AM
I prefer the psychedelia nugaze early stuff but this is one talented boy

Same. This and Currents feature some stunning production and they're lush as fuck but they are quite boring. Like naval-gazing if you had a diamond ring belly button piercing. I can tolerate it in the background but I often can't pay attention to more than about four songs before wanting to listen to something else.